• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Using Evapo Rust to clean old revolver?

WNCTarheel

imported post

Would anyone recommend using Evapo Rust to clean a rusty old revolver? Since I can immerse the whole pistol in the solution, this says it will work the best if I do that.

WNCTarheel

imported post

Just as a follow up to anyone else that might have the same question, I tried it and the stuff works great. Highly recommended.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
According to the product's web site it will remove all rust, including bluing, parkerizing, or the like. That being the case, I'd say you need to determine if losing the finish is a consideration or not. You also need to have a plan for putting a finish on the various parts after you strip the gun. This does not look like a product to use for spot rust removal.

stay safe.