• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Caution, BE AWARE

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

I never had that problem. People here have been supportive of me for the most part. A few problems sure, some of it was constructive criticism, some tough love, some downright vile, but all in all, this place rocks.

Beerme

Banned
imported post

What did you want them to do call you and tell you itll be alright?
Your rights were absolutely violated, take action wait for someone else to do it for you.
use the search bar and type in FOIA see if you can find the pre type.
send in the FOIA request
upload the videos
talk to an attorney

You cannot expect everyone to bend over backwards to help you when people have issues of their own going on.

The only person you can count on one hundred percent of the time is yourself.
best advice I can give you.

northofnowhere

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Bossbart,

I presume you tried to get a call back from someone local, but if you simply need a sounding board via the phone if you are having some type of issue, feel free to PM me your number, my PM's get emailed to me and I respond quickly. Be happy to help you out or give you a level headed second opinion. I am not in your immediate area, but would be happy to talk things through with you.

-northofnowhere aka jason

bb

imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
I never had that problem. People here have been supportive of me for the most part. A few problems sure, some of it was constructive criticism, some tough love, some downright vile, but all in all, this place rocks.

mikestilly

imported post

You want a quick and easy way to get support. Simply start a thread and tell everyone what happened to you. That alone is a quick way to get specific help and support on what you're looking for.

When you PM people from here many times it will take days, weeks or more for the person to see it. Not everyone checks the site frequently. Lots of people will support you! They just need to see it.

Mike

kyleplusitunes

imported post

if you don't know how to deal with the police or what to do after an encounter, maybe you should do more research before you oc. you're not ocing for us, you're ocing for yourself.

if you're not prepared for the consiquences of misinformed Leos and need to rely on other people, you don't sound prepared to stand up for your rights.

be mad at yourself for not asking enough questions before ocing.

edit: maybe sounds a little rude, some people here will tell you not to worry about being harassed by the police, but the truth is, you will be, eventually.

you make the choice to oc knowing that, it's not all going to be rainbows and strawberrys. ask for help, but don't expect it.

TheSzerdi

imported post

Personally I never look at the PM notification thing cuz I almost never get PM'd. I do check my e-mail multiple times a day and my e-mail is publicly viewable in my profile. If you don't get a reply on PM, it's most likely cuz nobody noticed it. Check people's profiles for alternate contact methods.

ETA: Just noticed if you click on someone's name the ways you can contact them are lit up blue.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

bossbart wrote:
Support PM sent to bossbart below: I hope someone higher up than me offered him help? I know things have been crazy as of late maybe an oversight?
bossbart Re: dpd stop i gave you the wrong number ** Fri May 21st, 2010 12:54 am ** Reply Forward Delete
spacer.gif

- Choose Folder -InboxDeleted Items Move

Sorry Larry for rushing off the phone so quick. We were scrambling to get a good showing together for the Pontiac Council Meeting. We did, over a dozen of us. And a story in the Oakland press is upcoming. It ran very long and we didn't get back until late.

I think you are on the right track with the FOIA. If you need any help let me know. I will talk to senior members about getting something going in Detroit soon.

Jeff 313 xxx xxxx
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Larry the offer still stands if you need FOIA help. I have written dozens of them and almost always get the info. . I'm looking for. Example the entire city payroll for Taylor. From the lowest paid part-time worker the the HR director.

Also, I did forward this on to someone very well placed in this organization. Did anyone else contact you?

- Jeff

coderdude

imported post

I'm assuming that the story was removed based on attorney's advice? I didn't get to read it, or know what it is about, but I wish you luck if it involves lawyers.