• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Blue trails range this past weekend

erick212

imported post

I brought my son and his friend to Blue Trails this past weekend(I oc'ed most of the weekend). Well anyway, I got to talking to the RSO and we started talking about oc'ing ..... guess what he thought it was illegal in Ct also. He told me he has been carrying for years and was told by the instructor of the course that it was illegal. He went on to say the instructor also told him that if the wind blew and his pistol became exposed he could be charged with BOP... So, @ I told him about this website and gave him the CCDL paperwork, he seemed very surprised. He used his phone to get on this site and read the paperwork.Very nice guy and just another great time @Blue Trails with my son... I had to go because I just bought a new Sig P229 E2 for my "WIFE" and had to make sure it shot proper.. LOL

ESCH

imported post

Great interaction. Glad to hear about it. Hope you had some fun breaking in the new hardware. Hopefully the RSO will continue his quest for the truth and spread the word.

Lenny Benedetto

imported post

I am surprised to hear that. All basic pistol courses that are taught at BT have a bonus feature of BT's attorney talking about gun laws in CT. He is a member of CCDL and I have been shooting a lot of Sporting Clays with him lately, so I know for a fact that he is telling the students that OC is legal in CT.

Actually there is no reason for the RSO's there to even be involved with the course, that is unless they are the teachers.

dcmdon

imported post

sadly Eric, this is the norm.

I was taught this by my insructor.

It was reinforced by the guy who gave me my pistol permit instructor course

And until recently, that is what I told my pistol students.

Ignorance is curable.

erick212

imported post

Lenny Benedetto wrote:
I am surprised to hear that. All basic pistol courses that are taught at BT have a bonus feature of BT's attorney talking about gun laws in CT. He is a member of CCDL and I have been shooting a lot of Sporting Clays with him lately, so I know for a fact that he is telling the students that OC is legal in CT.

Actually there is no reason for the RSO's there to even be involved with the course, that is unless they are the teachers.
I don't think the RSO took his pistol course @ BT . I really don't remember him telling me were he took the course. Mabye he will chime in if he is trolling the forum ..

Lenny Benedetto

imported post

erick212 wrote:
Lenny Benedetto wrote:

I don't think the RSO took his pistol course @ BT . I really don't remember him telling me were he took the course. Mabye he will chime in if he is trolling the forum ..
Actually, even if he did, this is a fairly new offering (the law part of the class) that Dave Lyman (owner) and Craig Fishbein (lawyer) put together. Most of the RSO's at BT have been RSO's for quite sometime,

We are actually quite lucky to live as close as we do to the largest public shooting range in New England and possibly the entire Easter Seaboard.

BT needs all of our support so that they can defeat the BS lawsuits that have been initiated against them by developers that want their land to build on. If BT falls, it will set precedents that will be used against many other ranges and gun clubs.

Shoot there and put a dollar in the defense fund bucket, every bit helps!