• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

District 19 Jon Richards has a changeler who supports the 2nd

tomm1963

imported post

From her website http://kristaburns.com/

"The Right to Bear Arms, and the ability of Law Abiding Citizens to protect themselves, their family and their property is undeniable. I will fight Legislation aimed at limiting these rights.

tomm1963

imported post

Here is how Richards stands in a 1998 National Political Awareness Test

Ban the sale or transfer of all forms of semi-automatic weapons.

Increase state restrictions on the purchase and possession of firearms.

Require manufacturers to provide child-safety locks with firearms.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

tomm1963 wrote:

I will fight Legislation aimed at limiting these rights.
There is little need for further legislation aimed at limiting these rights because there are plenty of statutes in effect already. An effective pro-gun legislator will necessarily have to repeal and remove anti-gun statutes.

Notice how forthright and honest are the anti-gun legislators.

tomm1963

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
tomm1963 wrote:

I will fight Legislation aimed at limiting these rights.
There is little need for further legislation aimed at limiting these rights because there are plenty of statutes in effect already. An effective pro-gun legislator will necessarily have to repeal and remove anti-gun statutes.

Notice how forthright and honest are the anti-gun legislators.
I agree in principle but...we are talking about the Peoples Republic of Milwaukee and in an east side district, home to the looniest of the loons where every politician (Barret, Taylor, Coggs to name a few) is out to grab your right to firearms. How far can a politician go the other way and hope to get elected? Her stand is a far cry better than Richards.

BROKENSPROKET

imported post

tomm1963 wrote:

"The Right to Bear Arms, and the ability of Law Abiding Citizens to protect themselves, their family and their property is undeniable. I will fight Legislation aimed at limiting these rights.

Will she fight for legislation to EXPAND our rights?

Other wise, will she fight to overturnWI State Statutesthat WAS aimed at limiting our rights?

tomm1963

imported post

Will she fight for legislation to EXPAND our rights?

Other wise, will she fight to overturnWI State Statutesthat WAS aimed at limiting our rights?
I can't speak for her.

Hopefully as the election draws near her stand will be clarified. It would be nice if she would shine around here. Maybe she would give us her feelings on the Wisconsin Republican party platform calling for unlicensed concealed carry.

I wonder though how many OC.ORG members are from Milwaukee or the19th district?

Is it political suicide in this district to be fervently pro 2a?

Consider Richards past record and he continues to get elected here.

Voted NO
Supporting the Individual's Right to Bear Arms AR 13

Voted NO Gun Possession During Emergencies AB 581

Voted NO Concealed Weapons SB403

Maybe a moderate supporter of the 2nd is the best one can hope for in this district. Heck a mop handle wearing a bow tie would be an improvement over Richards.

tomm1963

imported post

If you can explain to me Doug how a Vehement pro 2a candidate gets elected in Milwaukee, I am all ears. Face it a hard core pro gun politician doesn't stand an ice cubes chance in H@ll getting elected in the 19th. Little steps. Better moderate than anti.

AaronS

imported post

tomm1963 wrote:
If you can explain to me Doug how a Vehement pro 2a candidate gets elected in Milwaukee, I am all ears. Face it a hard core pro gun politician doesn't stand an ice cubes chance in H@ll getting elected in the 19th. Little steps. Better moderate than anti.
I agree 100% It does not make me happy about it at all, but I do agree.

KristaBurns

imported post

Krista Burns Friend of the 2nd Amendment

I'm running for State Assembly; Wisconsin 19th District; and I am a friend of the 2a. It's true the 19th District is the home of UWM, and many liberal professors. Other areas of the District are more conservative in their views. I can win with your support.

I am the daughter of a Military Academy attendee, Korean War Vet, hunter, and gun owner. I grew up in a household of firearms (hand guns, rifles and shotguns), and learned to shoot a 22 Rifle at age 10. I'm a God and Country kind of woman. I believe in the Constitution as is, and am disturbed by how our rights have been eroded.

I am in favor of law abiding citizens carrying guns openly, as well as concealed. I do believe there should be some licensing and training necessary; but am cautious about additional hoops and regulations that hide behind claims of safety while in actuality are designed for deterrence.

I am opposed to trigger locks, ammo stamping, and other regulations designed to increase the expense of gun ownership, the usability of guns legally owned, or restrict gun ownership. I am OK with background checks; and denying felons ownership. I am cautious to unilaterally support the restrictions on mentally ill people; only because at some point gun opponents may define mentally ill as anyone who wishes to purchase a gun.

AaronS

imported post

Hello Krista, and welcome to our forum. You sound like the kind of person we need in state government.

You say that you"do believe there should be some licensing and training necessary (to carry)", and I hope you don't take to much flack over that. You must understand, self protection is a right, and needs no training, or licensing. If you do not need a permit to exercise your other rights, why would you need one to protect your family? This would be a hoop we would have to jump through, and one most on this forum would not support.

Thanks for joining the forum. I am sure you will earn a bunch of votes. Best of luck.

Aaron

hardballer

imported post

AaronS wrote:
Hello Krista, and welcome to our forum.  You sound like the kind of person we need in state government.

You say that you "do believe there should be some licensing and training necessary (to carry)", and I hope you don't take to much flack over that.  You must understand, self protection is a right, and needs no training, or licensing.  If you do not need a permit to exercise your other rights, why would you need one to protect your family?  This would be a hoop we would have to jump through, and one most on this forum would not support this.

Thanks for joining the forum.  I am sure you will earn a bunch of votes.  Best of luck.

Aaron

Agreed Aaron , Welcome to the site Krista, though I and my wife don't appreciate your views, hopefully you will be able to take something from this site. However, Krista, you would not get my vote nor my wife's vote, taking a stance against the second amendment which is what you are doing ("do believe there should be some licensing and training necessary (to carry)". As soon as you infringe my right to carry, you are out. Anybody fooled by any of this bearucratic double speak deserves whatever they get. We don't need more laws. Just look at Vermont, Alsaska, and Arizona's non-existent carry laws. They are Constitutional carry states. Laws binding law abiding citizens are for control, nothing more. PERIOD.

The bull pucky spewed by the liberal media is just that. Warnings that lawlessness and the old west gun battles will erupt never came true. Wow! Instead, an armed society became a polite society.

My wife and I are adamantly opposed to any kind of licensing, permit, or training schemes. This is an affront to the 2nd amendment. Owning a gun is not like driving a car. At this point, one does not need to drive a car to protect oneself or family.

Self-defense is not a license-able right. It is an inherent right. One we are born with. The 2nd amendment is my license and my permit. Same with my wife. [We just want to make sure you don't hurt yourself. We want to teach you.] So beware of the silver tongue. We're from the government and we're here to help are bad words.

Setting up an onerous, government bureaucracy to oversee any such licensing program would be expensive and intrusive and dangerous. Besides infringing on my 2nd amendment rights. Criminals will not take classes nor will they target shoot to qualify for the stolen gun they have tucked in their pants. All a licensing/training/permit scheme will do is put physical and financial road blocks up in front of decent, law-abiding folk who want to defend themselves and their families.

The worst of it is this, a woman gets a restraining order against her ex husband or boyfriend and she waves the piece of paper at him as he beats her to death or shoots her in the head and then kills the kids too. That little piece of paper did no good. She was just three weeks away from being approved to purchase a handgun. Because she needed to be licensed and trained. The bad guy did not need to be trained nor licensed. So sad.

200 women march down the street at midnight carrying candles and signs that shout out, "We will take back the night!" Later that night, as she gets to her car, the organizer of the march puts the key in the door and as she turns it, a hand reaches around her and pulls her away and then pushes her to the ground where she is beaten and raped. Her sign, now covered with mud and blood, a sad reminder of her former life. She doesn't believe in guns.

Every time my wife hear's of a take back the night rally, she remarks, "what in the heck are they going to do with a candle? I don't get it." My wife has been attacked and she won, she wasn't holding a candle.

My recommendation, get a Kahr 9mm or a snub nosed .357, learn how to use it and you will have taken back the night.

A .357 beats a candle in the wind every time. Hot wax never impressed a criminal.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

KristaBurns wrote:

I'm running for State Assembly; Wisconsin 19th District; and I am a friend of the 2a. It's true the 19th District is the home of UWM, and many liberal professors. Other areas of the District are more conservative in their views. I can win with your support.

I am the daughter of a Military Academy attendee, Korean War Vet, hunter, and gun owner. I grew up in a household of firearms (hand guns, rifles and shotguns), and learned to shoot a 22 Rifle at age 10. I'm a God and Country kind of woman. I believe in the Constitution as is, and am disturbed by how our rights have been eroded.

I am in favor of law abiding citizens carrying guns openly, as well as concealed. I do believe there should be some licensing and training necessary; but am cautious about additional hoops and regulations that hide behind claims of safety while in actuality are designed for deterrence.

I am opposed to trigger locks, ammo stamping, and other regulations designed to increase the expense of gun ownership, the usability of guns legally owned, or restrict gun ownership. I am OK with background checks; and denying felons ownership. I am cautious to unilaterally support the restrictions on mentally ill people; only because at some point gun opponents may define mentally ill as anyone who wishes to purchase a gun.
I have highlighted a portion of your statement. As I understand it, this is in direct conflict with the state GOP platform. I respectfully ask what other innate rights, "there should be some licensing and training" for?

I will also point out, that Wisconsin has never had a permitting bureaucracy for personal protection carry, never. Just for clarification, do you support creating such a bureaucracy even though Vermont, Alaska, and now Arizona have rejected this type of bureaucracy?

paul@paul-fisher.com

imported post

hardballer wrote:
However, Krista, you would not get my vote nor my wife's vote, taking a stance against the second amendment which is what you are doing ("do believe there should be some licensing and training necessary (to carry)".

While I agree with you in principle, would you rather vote for Krista or (and I'm making an assumption) her opponent that is completely anti 2nd A?

Or would you not vote at all?

Unfortunately in politics, there is no 'perfect' candidate. If Krista's opponent is anti, I would vote for Krista. I have a much better chance of changing the mind of her regarding permit-less carry than someone who thinks only cops should have guns.

I'm not in her district so I can't vote for her either and I do not know where her opposition stands.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:
KristaBurns wrote:

I have highlighted a portion of your statement. As I understand it, this is in direct conflict with the state GOP platform. I respectfully ask what other innate rights, "there should be some licensing and training" for?

I will also point out, that Wisconsin has never had a permitting bureaucracy for personal protection carry, never. Just for clarification, do you support creating such a bureaucracy even though Vermont, Alaska, and now Arizona have rejected this type of bureaucracy?
Hey, I say we just continue OCing. No permits, training or fees needed. Who cares if it upsets the general public?

hardballer

imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
bnhcomputing wrote:
KristaBurns wrote:

I'm running for State Assembly; Wisconsin 19th District; and I am a friend of the 2a.  It's true the 19th District is the home of UWM, and many liberal professors.  Other areas of the District are more conservative in their views.  I can win with your support.

I am the daughter of a Military Academy attendee, Korean War Vet, hunter, and gun owner.  I grew up in a household of firearms (hand guns, rifles and shotguns), and learned to shoot a 22 Rifle at age 10.  I'm a God and Country kind of woman.  I believe in the Constitution as is,  and am disturbed by how our rights have been eroded.

I am in favor of law abiding citizens carrying guns openly, as well as concealed.  I do believe there should be some licensing and training necessary; but am cautious about additional hoops and regulations that hide behind claims of safety while in actuality are designed for deterrence. 

I am opposed to trigger locks, ammo stamping, and other regulations designed to increase the expense of gun ownership, the usability of guns legally owned, or restrict gun ownership.  I am OK with background checks; and denying felons ownership.  I am cautious to unilaterally support the restrictions on mentally ill people; only because at some point gun opponents may define mentally ill as anyone who wishes to purchase a gun.
I have highlighted a portion of your statement.  As I understand it, this is in direct conflict with the state GOP platform.  I respectfully ask what other innate rights, "there should be some licensing and training" for?

I will also point out, that Wisconsin has never had a permitting bureaucracy for personal protection carry, never.  Just for clarification, do you support creating such a bureaucracy even though Vermont, Alaska, and now Arizona have rejected this type of bureaucracy?
Hey, I say we just continue OCing. No permits, training or fees needed. Who cares if it upsets the general public?

Ditto

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

There are times however, when as a practical matter, especially in the winter, that I personally would prefer concealed carry.

paul@paul-fisher.com

imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:
There are times however, when as a practical matter, especially in the winter, that I personally would prefer concealed carry.

+1

The GTG we had at Starbucks when it was flippin' freezing was not fun because I had no jacket that I would 'trust' to not cover my weapon.