• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

An essay on open carry

Statkowski

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

In my humble opinion (I'm not exactly an old fart yet), for an English 101 paper it's fairly decent. Of course, I won't be the one grading it, so my opinion may not count for much. It gets the point across, the words aren't misspelled, and the grammar is more than acceptable.

The only point I disagree with is your jumping from, to, betwixt and between State constitutional issues (Article 1, Section 24) and Federal constitutional issues (First Amendment and Second Amendment). Would it be possible to stick with just one?

Who knows, you just might educate your instructor. Good job!

slowfiveoh

imported post

G22Paddy wrote:
I wrote my final paper for my English 101 class about open carry. Take a look and tell me what you think. Six pages long including the works cited page, five pages if you don't care about sources. It's in MLA format.

EDIT: Now in OpenOffice flavor!

http://www.filedropper.com/problemsolutionessayfinaldraft
It is apparent we go to the same school. ;)

Your paper isn't bad, but I agree that it shifts focus. It also has grammatical errors. Please proofread!

I did that same class about a year ago, and my paper was on the semantics of the 2nd Amendment.

Essentially, the teacher who was not so sure about the subject, came to the same conclusion that I did.

That "People" was indeed a meaningfully utilized word in the 2nd, and that without that word, the Amendment would/could mean a lot of things.

I actually enjoyed that class.

Hope you do too!

jeangordon

imported post

Pretty good except this sentence ends strangely. I might have read it wrong since I am on my iPod so it might have cut something off for me. Easy to double check just in case. It's down towards the end of the paper.

" It can prove to be a valuable resource for those who are open minded enough to do their own research on open carry, even if they're."

skiingislife725

imported post

I put some comments on the paper and then uploaded it in a file on filedropper. The address is in a PM I just sent you. But good job overall...jumps around a bit but it's still good.

skiingislife725

imported post

hehe...Yah, it wasn't my favorite either. But the better you get at it, the better you'll be at possibly swaying people's opinions on important matters such as open carry.

follker

imported post

I enjoyed the read paddy. Your conclusion is best case perhaps (one can dream huh?) but the paper is spot on.

good work.

J

now, lets go shooting!