Thread: Who needs to carry a gun at home in NC?

Post imported post

If the homeowner had been carrying, this story might have had a VERY different ending...

http://www.witn.com/news/headlines/95768409.html

Man Shot After Home Invasion

A man is recovering at Pitt County Memorial Hospital after being shot four times late Sunday during a home invasion.

Edenton police say Michael Boston was wounded when a gunman forced his way into his home on West Peterson Street.

Police say it happened around 11:00 p.m. and there is no description of the gunman. If anyone has information on this case they should call Edenton police at 252-482-5144.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Post imported post

Yep, just got back from work. 12:30 am and I actually have 2 on me. Always have one on at the house. There are a couple more close by too. Stuff like this starting to happen around here is what got me carrying at home.

Post imported post

Yep, I carry around the house constantly. I miss wearing my basketball shorts around the house, but they won't hold my 1911.

Post imported post

shoulder holster..... then you can wear your basketball shorts
    GO PIRATES!!!!!

Post imported post

TheFreeman wrote:
    Yep, I carry around the house constantly. I miss wearing my basketball shorts around the house, but they won't hold my 1911.
    This is the exact reason I bought a KelTec P32. It doesn't have much punch, but will not pull down shorts like this when you carry at home.

I keep it in the pocket of my athletic shorts every night until bed time. Never been broken in to, but if I need it I want it to be there.

The P32 is just so that I can get to my nightstand. Where I keep my FS92 with a 34 round mag .

Post imported post

I carry two on me until I go to bed, then my .45 in on my night stand beside my bed and next to my BiPap machine, and my .380 is on the dresser... LOL!

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Amen Dreamer....

They way I see it, if I'm getting shot in my own home by a perpetrator, it's gonna cost someone pain from the end of a smoking gun.... To Hell With Not Being Armed.