• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

what is the outcome?

john118242

imported post

can we open carry in ca or conceal carry? what was the outcome? i heard mixed stories?

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

Currently it is not prohibited to open carry an unloaded weapon in areas not within 1000 feet of a school. It is not prohibited to open carry a loaded weapon in unincorporated areas and in areas where discharge has not been prohibited by local ordinance.

Loaded concealed carry is only lawful with a license to carry concealed. There are circumstances that dont generally apply to day to day activities where conceal carry is lawful with out a license, but that doesnt really help usand is not the focus of this site.

Take time to research what people tell you- it may not all be true.

john118242

imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:
john118242 wrote:
can we open carry in ca or conceal carry? what was the outcome? i heard mixed stories?
Outcome of what?

CA law regarding methods of carrying firearms hasn't changed in decades.
i was talking about the whole new bill thing?

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

john118242 wrote:
CA_Libertarian wrote:
john118242 wrote:
Outcome of what?

CA law regarding methods of carrying firearms hasn't changed in decades.
i was talking about the whole new bill thing?
AB1934 has passed the assembly and will now proceed to Senate commitees. It will have to pass a vote in commitee and proceed to a vote of the full Senate before reaching the Govenors desk.

Decoligny

imported post

ConditionThree wrote:
Currently it is not prohibited to open carry an unloaded weapon in areas not within 1000 feet of a school. It is not prohibited to open carry a loaded weapon in unincorporated areas and in areas where discharge has not been prohibited by local ordinance.

Loaded concealed carry is only lawful with a license to carry concealed. There are circumstances that dont generally apply to day to day activities where conceal carry is lawful with out a license, but that doesnt really help usand is not the focus of this site.

Take time to research what people tell you- it may not all be true.
Grammer Police!

Wouldn't normally call out grammer, but this changes the meaning.

Taken as written the above could get someone in hot water. Need to delete the underlined words or you basically have two seperate statements.

It is not prohibited to open carry a loaded weapon in unincorporated areas.

and

It is not prohibited to open carry a loaded weapon inareas where discharge has not been prohibited by local ordinance.

What should be said is: It is not prohibited to open carry a loaded weapon in unincorporated areaswhere discharge has not been prohibited by local ordinance.