• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Homepage > Baltimore News Off-Duty Officer Fatally Shoots Unarmed Marine

mrt6812

imported post

he should be fired, arrested, tried and convicted of murder and should also have the book thrown at him for refusing to take a breathalyzer test and if Baltimore has a punishment for firing a gun in the city limits, get him on that, too.

RussP

imported post

kwikrnu wrote:
If I shoot someone and the cops want a blood test I'll have no problem giving one, infact I'll probably request one.
Leonard, the question was not whether you would take a "blood test". The officer declined to take a breath test.

Since you blew the first question, lets add in the facts in this incident. You've been out drinking for a few hours. You know your BAC will probably be over the limit for being under the influence. You also know that it is legal for you to refuse the field breath test.

Remember, you've been drinking. Would you take the lawful path of declining the field breath test? It isn't illegal.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

kwikrnu wrote:
If I shoot someone and the cops want a blood test I'll have no problem giving one, infact I'll probably request one.

You're welcome to give up your 4th Amendment rights.

I would do the same as the officer and decline.

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

RussP wrote:
kwikrnu wrote:
Leonard, the question was not whether you would take a "blood test". The officer declined to take a breath test.

Since you blew the first question, lets add in the facts in this incident. You've been out drinking for a few hours. You know your BAC will probably be over the limit for being under the influence. You also know that it is legal for you to refuse the field breath test.

Remember, you've been drinking. Would you take the lawful path of declining the field breath test? It isn't illegal.

I'm not a cop and would be charged with 1st degree murder. I would rather have evidence that I had not been drinking and was not medicated. I don't drink and don't do drugs. :)

If I was the cop and had been drinking and just murdered someone I would refuse the test and take my two weeks like det. tuason in palo alto would do.

WNCTarheel

imported post

All cops should have to be tested for steroid use. If it's important enough to test baseball players, then it's important enoughto test cops.

VAopencarry

imported post

The Baltimore City PD can't sweep this one under the carpet. I wouldn't be surprised to see the heads of some brass roll on this one, well, they should anyway.

I'm stunned that this clown was still on the force with his past behavior. Seriously, how does a cop not get fired for being drunk and shooting somebody. I think that's enough to believe he has no business with a badge.

ecocks

MSC 45ACP

imported post

This scumbag had NO BUSINESS wearing a badge. HOW did he pass a Psych Eval? He isquite a fewfries short of a Happy Meal. I'm sure this will come out in the coming weeks and months. Given his temperment and disposition, he never should have been hired in an LE capacity. In any event, he should have been gone after his FIRST shooting incident.

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Don Tomas wrote:
eye95 wrote:
And this has to do with OC how?
I was thinking the same thing. Still...tragic nonetheless.
A marine OC'ing would have been able to defend himself from the armed drunk.
Just ~90 miles further south and he could do just that.

Maryland legislature should be held as criminal accomplises before and after the fact.

gsx1138

imported post

eye95 wrote:
Just because this forum originates from an OC site doesn't mean everything that's posted has to do with OC. This story is firearms related. There's always the option to not read much less post in these threads.

Hopefully this 'officer' gets plenty of jail time.

eye95

imported post

SlackwareRobert wrote:
Don Tomas wrote:
eye95 wrote:

Maryland legislature should be held as criminal accomplises before and after the fact.
If that had been the OP's point, you might have a point. His point was to start another LEO-bashing thread.

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

eye95 wrote:
SlackwareRobert wrote:
Don Tomas wrote:
eye95 wrote:

If that had been the OP's point, you might have a point. His point was to start another LEO-bashing thread.

The only acceptable punishment for that piece of scum cop is life in prison or execution.

VAopencarry

imported post

eye95 wrote:

If you look around this forum you may notice MOST threads are not directly related to OC.

This post is appropriate for this sub forum as it is related to a claim of Self Defense.

ecocks

imported post

I see this thread as a claimed self-defense situation (the cop's story).

Equally, you can read it from the other side where the unarmed, former Marine is in a self-defense situation against an armed assailant.

It fits the section as far as I can tell.