• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shooting with daughter...

DEROS72

imported post

[suB]My daughter Laurie came to town with her Husband.I haven't seen her in almost nine years.He is aUFC fight champ and also owns a finance company financing start up business.I am talking with him about a Range /coffeeshop/gunstore.)Anyway one of the thing they wanted to do was go shoot.So we spent about 2 hours at Champion yesterday.My son in law picked up the tab for 4 lanes 2 rentals and all the ammo we could shoot in my guns and the rentals.Mt daughter did really well for a first time with a handun(she fired my Mini 14 when she was a kid).My Bersa was her favorite and her husband said he wants to get one for her back in Palm Springs.Also with us was Adam my stepson from my first marraige.His wife keeps a ruger .38 special and a Mossberg in the house and he has never fired a weapon.It was a really good shooting day..I was trying to post pics but can't get them to post.I keep getting a file to big message.[/suB]

zekester

imported post

Being we are taking about daughters..

I have been carrying forever it seems, my daughter grew up around me and my guns but never seemed interested in shooting or anything, until about a year ago.

My buddy and I were on the way to the range and my daughter asked if she could go, she was twelve at the time. Of course I said yes, (can't ever say NO to "my baby").

Well, to my surprise she actually wanted to shoot. The only thing my buddy and I shoot are 357mag and .45....I went over instructons, safety and low and behold she took my G36 and popped off a few rounds....I was surprised she did as good as she did. Well, she has basically taken over my gun now.....she calls it her own....Now I have a 13yr old girl that can shoot my G36 almost as good as me. I offered to buy a smaller caliber for her....she refuses...oh well, at least I can be assured that when she is old enough to carry one, any BG is going to get a big ole' hunk of lead if they mess with her.

Jus thought I would share.

Z

DEROS72

imported post

I have 3 daughters and the 2 older girls are becoming quite competent.Anyway someon is tryig to help me post up some pics..

DEROS72

imported post

Thanks Bren I have 1 grandson actually by her older sister who had to work and couldn't go with us.

Dem0072

imported post

Happy to see a family at the range together.

I understand, the 100kb file limit is a bit stingy...

In the future if you have trouble posting pics there are a couple of workarounds.

1. You can try to resize them yourself. Just right click the picture and go to Open With > Paint (or click edit near the top of the menu). You may resize it by clicking image > resize or if you have Windows 7 the resize function is right there on the second toolbox near the top. Make sure you save it as a jpeg/jpg for maximum size reduction.

(this one is cool for making a gallery-like post on a forum)
2. You may go to an image hosts website ( www.imageshack.us is a popular one, so is www.photobucket.com ) and upload your images. You will be given the option to get a "thumbnail code" (or code for forums might be something else it is called). By copying and pasting that thumbnail code into your forum post it will display a mini-preview of the image that people can click to expand. This usually bypasses any forum restrictions on very large or very high quality pictures.

DEROS72

imported post

Daughters Carrie and Laurie...

Checking to see how good his Father in Law is......:D