• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Taurus Millenium Pro .45 (model PT745)

cscitney87

imported post

So I go to my favorite firearms shop and request assistance pin pointing a new holster. I give the usual description of "6 o'clock Small of Back" and preferably leather for strength. Guy behind the counter comes out and has me bring out my pistol (unloaded due to sign on door) and we try several holsters.

Nothing fit.

Home boy sends me to www.copsplus.com and I'm like "Can't you order me something?"... :uhoh:

How do you tell a man who just sent you online that the only reason you give him business is so he can do all the work.... How do you tell him you came to the shop because you needed to try the fit and comfort level for yourself?

Does he not understand that I Do in fact know about the internet and it's shopping abilities? Does he not know that I already discovered shopping online in previous years?

Ugh.. why go somewhere if you could just buy it online? So you can get your hands on it! A holster isn't a one size fits all or a shoe size or even a helmet size... It's like a bowling ball.. it's gotta be Just Right and 100% comfortable or you'll pay for it later. With bowling balls you get blisters if the fit isn't right.. With firearms you Die if your holster doesn't work out.

None the less.. can anyone point out which holster, exactly, they are using with their Taurus PT745? I'll be shopping 2 other firearms shops in my area some time this week. Thanks!

Regular_Joe

Mill Pro PT-140

What about the Taurus PT-140 (Millennium Pro in .40)? The squared-off trigger guard makes holster selection very easy...NOTHING FITS!

Suggestions?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
What about the Taurus PT-140 (Millennium Pro in .40)? The squared-off trigger guard makes holster selection very easy...NOTHING FITS!

Suggestions?

From PaFOA forum:

Re: Retention Holster for Taurus Millennium Pro PT140 .40 Cal According to multiple members on TaurusArmed.net, Serpa for the XD and SigPro 2022 both fit PTxxx and 24/7's

that is correct also the Bianchi made for the sig 226 fits. its a thumb break also. i just bought the PT140 a couple weeks ago myself.

Regular_Joe

Thanks! I will take a look at those...need a paddle option...

From PaFOA forum:

Re: Retention Holster for Taurus Millennium Pro PT140 .40 Cal According to multiple members on TaurusArmed.net, Serpa for the XD and SigPro 2022 both fit PTxxx and 24/7's

that is correct also the Bianchi made for the sig 226 fits. its a thumb break also. i just bought the PT140 a couple weeks ago myself.

cscitney87

I found a leather Glock holster that fits the PT745 perfectly. I use it every day- it's the perfect fit, not any longer or shorter than it should be, and the thumb break fits snug as a bug.

Case closed :)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I found a leather Glock holster that fits the PT745 perfectly. I use it every day- it's the perfect fit, not any longer or shorter than it should be, and the thumb break fits snug as a bug.

Case closed :)

Make and model number of the holster would be of benefit.

cscitney87

I know but I totally don't know the exact make and model. If a 17 sounds right (compact) then I think it's either that or 27. I mean- use your best judgment, Grape Shot. You have the exact specs of the PT745 and match that as closely as you can to the specs of a Glock, as far as width and length go. Now you're thinkin'!!

jay75009

just a reminder for those who have purchased a millenium pistol or have one. remember your safety is junk :p if you press the trigger at all while holstering, or doing anything else, and move it in slack even 1mm .......the safety will not engage and it will fire off your chamber round if the trigger is pulled :p

safety first! oh btw desantis also makes a good holster for all millenium models :-D

Hendu024

Finger on the Trigger?

just a reminder for those who have purchased a millenium pistol or have one. remember your safety is junk :p if you press the trigger at all while holstering, or doing anything else, and move it in slack even 1mm .......the safety will not engage and it will fire off your chamber round if the trigger is pulled :p

safety first! oh btw desantis also makes a good holster for all millenium models :-D

Why would your finger be on the trigger if you aren't shooting? Your brain is your best safety anyways, but after reading a lot of your posts, I've decided you should probably rely on the safety on your gun.

cscitney87

I'm really confused about your issue with the safety and the trigger... My trigger/safety setup works exactly as it should.. and hasn't failed me. If the safety is on- the trigger won't pull.. Am I missing something?

By the way I enjoy the fact that this pistol will fire without a magazine loaded.