• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ever Try Talking With An Anti?

MK

imported post

"I'm done talking to you, just go away." Interesting?
I don't think "Interesting" is quite the right word for it, holy cow.

He said that to you in your house?Wow. Yeah we would be done talking allright but it wouldn't be me who was going away. It would probably be followed up immediately with a stern, "Get the $%^& out my house right now you meathead."

I can understand his feelings if he's being trumped in a debate and he may even feel a bit cornered but I bet my 18 year old daughter would sink in her chair thinking "oh no" if her boyfriend ever had the balls to tell me to go away in my own house, lol. Then again, her boyfriend is fine with firearms and I've let him target shoot my 9mm with me.

JJC

imported post

I had a chat with Representative Jennifer Shilling this past Saturday in La Crosse. I asked her if she has really thought about Self Defense for the individual. Her response was "do you know about "MY" parents"? I said yes I know of the story behind her parents.

Myresponse to her was;you have heard of the shootingrampage in 1991at Killeen Luby's that left 24 dead. ( she was aware).

I followed up that the rampage could have been prevented with a CCW law that would allow carrying in a resturant. ( No response )

I asked Jennifer if she was aware that the LEOs are notbound bySUPREME COURT RULLING to protect citizens. (She was NOT aware ).

Jennifer was collecting names to get her name on the ballot for re election (even though she was my representive I told her I wouldNOT support her bid for re election)and could see she didn't want to get into a conversation about CCW.

I gave Jennifer my card inviting her to get intouch with me to discuss CCW, and invited her to takeany ofmy CCW classes. ( At NO Charge )

I don't expect to hear from Jennifer, but if I do, I will let you all know the outcome.

JJC

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

JJC wrote:
I had a chat with Representative Jennifer Shilling this past Saturday in La Crosse. I asked her if she has really thought about Self Defense for the individual. Her response was "do you know about "MY" parents"? I said yes I know of the story behind her parents.

Myresponse to her was;you have heard of the shootingrampage in 1991at Killeen Luby's that left 24 dead. ( she was aware).

I followed up that the rampage could have been prevented with a CCW law that would allow carrying in a resturant. ( No response )

I asked Jennifer if she was aware that the LEOs are notbound bySUPREME COURT RULLING to protect citizens. (She was NOT aware ).

Jennifer was collecting names to get her name on the ballot for re election (even though she was my representive I told her I wouldNOT support her bid for re election)and could see she didn't want to get into a conversation about CCW.

I gave Jennifer my card inviting her to get intouch with me to discuss CCW, and invited her to takeany ofmy CCW classes. ( At NO Charge )

I don't expect to hear from Jennifer, but if I do, I will let you all know the outcome.

JJC
RIGHT ON !!!! :)

FLR&@

imported post

I once saw a bumper sticker that sums it all up: Hire a teenager while they still know everything.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

MK wrote:
"I'm done talking to you, just go away." Interesting?
I don't think "Interesting" is quite the right word for it, holy cow.

He said that to you in your house?Wow. Yeah we would be done talking allright but it wouldn't be me who was going away. It would probably be followed up immediately with a stern, "Get the $%^& out my house right now you meathead."

I can understand his feelings if he's being trumped in a debate and he may even feel a bit cornered but I bet my 18 year old daughter would sink in her chair thinking "oh no" if her boyfriend ever had the balls to tell me to go away in my own house, lol. Then again, her boyfriend is fine with firearms and I've let him target shoot my 9mm with me.

He didn't say it like he had won the debate. He said it in a meek way one would as if they had just gotten their butt beaten. He thinks he is a super bright guy (and maybe he is) but I look at the facts: He is 18 and in the 10th grade. Why? Uh....because he is lazy and obviously already knows everything he needs to know. Right. I see more of his kind every day in the schools. What happened to doing your best and achieving as much as possible in life? These kids just don't care and think they will live off their parents/grandparents forever. Looking at the homes on my block there are four homes (out of ?20? or so) with "kids" still living with their parents. These "kids" are in their mid twenties to early thirties and still live at home, do nothing, sleep till noon and play video games. When I meet their parents and we talk about our kids almost every time they will mention how they wish their kid(s) would get a job and move out. Uh....make it happen!

Carryon

imported post

Rcawdor57, good description. Would be a better description if it was not your daughter's boyfriend, but your point is correct about arguing over school boundaries.

The teenager may change in time, many do including myself on many items years later. He is repeating what he heard and learned, not necesarily the meaning or the understanding of the bigger picture. He is also swallowing that it somehow makes him safer at school.

We do not have a zone in MA, we just cannot carry anythingonto school grounds. The distance limit in WI seems to be a hassle from my vantage point, with no real value.

MKEgal

imported post

18 in 10th grade?!?!? I didn't turn 18 'til the end of my first year of college.
Annoyed me that I had to sendthings home for my parents to sign if I wanted
to join a club or go on a trip with them. Even had to retake a state certification
test AFTER my birthday (though I'd done fine the first time) only because of the
age thing.

As for dealing with him... I'd've been really tempted to toss him out, at least for
the day, for being rude. Let him come back when he can apologize & be polite.

Ask how he thinks a gun can jump out of a holster on its own... it's not alive,
right? Or is he on some drugs & hallucenating?

"my safety on my gun (uh... what safety) is no guarantee
it won't go off near a school
"

C'mon... you know that Glocks have 3 safeties, all deactivated when the trigger
is pulled, all in place when the trigger is released. Here's a neat show about how
Glocks work. When you get down to 3 bullets it'll be talking about the safeties.
http://www.genitron.com/Basics/Glock23/P2Glock.html
I really like my Glock. It's a nice machine.

"they are the police and you are a civilian"

So? In my mind, that means that they have more restrictions on their actions
than I do. Many police departments use Glocks, and theirs are no more or less
prone to accidental discharge than yours.

"the frontal lobe in people not being fully developed until
about age 25
"

That's actually true. Explains a lot about teenage sexual activity & them not
connecting it with disease or pregnancy. Also a lot about the thug wars in the
inner cities, where they're shooting each other over being 'dissed'. And, sad
to say, it's probably one of the reasons we have young people go to war.