• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ever Try Talking With An Anti?

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

OK. This happened today so I wanted to share this while it is still fresh.
My 18 y.o. daughter had her b.f. over this afternoon and as I was putting my Glock away to take the dogs for a walk into the GFSZ I mentioned how the Wisconsin law is unconstitutional.
Now, he is 18 and starts with this "Well, it is a precautionary law to keep your gun from "going off" while I am near a school". What? I explain to him that this is only for public land and has no bearing on private property. I mention that I could live across the street from a school and have my gun on my property and it is legal but if I step across the imaginary line into the GFSZ it is a felony. Did he get it? Nope. He even says that my gun could "jump out of my holster and go off". Wow. Stays on the same train of thought and says that my safety on my gun (uh...what safety) is no guarantee it won't go off near a school. What? I think he is B.S.ing me but he isn't. So I ask him "What about police officers? They go into school zones all the time.". He says "Well, they are the police and you are a civilian." What? I ask him what the heck that has to do with my constitutional rights? NOTHING. He doesn't get it. He goes back to the gun going off all by itself and shooting someone. So I then ask, "So should we never take our guns out of our gun safes just to be safe?". No light on in his head. He then jumps into this thing about the frontal lobe in people not being fully developed until about age 25. What has that got to do with my Constitutional rights? The conversation goes on with cars, seat belt laws and helmet laws. I ask him "Should we ban all cars for killing people?". His response "That is different." What?! What an idiot. You can imagine he is for any law that is "precautionary" and saves lives. I told him he should move to China or the U.K. and be safe since just about everything is banned there including "behaviour" with the "ASBO" law they have in the U.K.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Social_Behaviour_Order

So I finally tell him he has been brainwashed well by the Lefties and will make a good Liberal. Wow, what has happened to common sense? These people will give up EVERY RIGHT just to "Be safe" no matter who it infringes on. :exclaim::exclaim:

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I agree. I was shocked to say the least. How can anyone think this way and actually believe what they think? No common sense, no logic, no statistics, nothing to support their thought process. So sad.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

rcawdor57 wrote:
I agree. I was shocked to say the least. How can anyone think this way and actually believe what they think? No common sense, no logic, no statistics, nothing to support their thought process. So sad.

This is EXACTLY what your tax dollars go towards, indoctrination in the schools. Maybe if you had gotten to him when he was five(5) you might have had a chance.

BROKENSPROKET

imported post

9026543 wrote:
God help your daughter if she stays with this loser and idiot.
YOU don't know whether he is a loser and an idiot. He may very well be a very smart and motivated young man that has not yet met someone to challenge his indoctrination in this area.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

BROKENSPROKET wrote:
9026543 wrote:
YOU don't know whether he is a loser and an idiot. He may very well be a very smart and motivated young man that has not yet met someone to challenge his indoctrination in this area.
I have to agree. He IS intelligent but...not motivated (as I see him). He is 18 and in the 10th grade. Yes, the 10th grade. Why? Because he doesn't do well in school. He doesn't turn in the work or participate in school so he fails. That is why he is 18 and in the 10th grade. But...he SPEAKS as if he has intelligence so one has to wonder what is going on?!?!

I challenged him and his response was??? "I'm done talking to you, just go away." Interesting? To me it seems his brainwashing is complete. It is like the movie "The Matrix" where one lives inside a computer program. I really don't know if he will ever wake up but I can hope he does.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:
rcawdor57 wrote:

This is EXACTLY what your tax dollars go towards, indoctrination in the schools. Maybe if you had gotten to him when he was five(5) you might have had a chance.

I know Hubert. So sad. That is why my daughter home schools her kids. Our educational system is leftist all the way.

BJA

Campaign Veteran
imported post

rcawdor57 wrote:
"So I finally tell him he has been brainwashed well by the Lefties and will make a good Liberal."

I have had common experiences like that as well, very troubling!

Now pertaining to your comment I have quoted: It's not the lefties, its the generations stemming from the early 20th century up to the generation that me and your daughter's boyfriend are in that did the brainwashing. The American people in the mentioned generations as a whole, democrats and republicans are the ones who expanded gov't, it's power andteh assaulton our manyrights. And then passed it on to their children. You guys on this forum appear to be an exception;). I'm glad I have only been able to vote for two years now, because I am not to blame for the sad shape the generations before left this once great country, throwing my freedoms out of the goddam window before I was born and while I was a child. And then as in your case teaching the new generation their freedom hating beliefs. Many of the people in your generations as well have been taught by their parents and society.

I only have one question that nobody has been able to answer me yet:

What the hell was wrong with yours and the other generations to degrade on SO MANY LEVELS ofmy freedoms?? I have taken to fighting for freedom, the freedom the prior generations STOLE from me! I only ask why!!?

sorry for going off topic, rant over.....

Dustiniac

Banned
imported post

BJA wrote:
rcawdor57 wrote:
"So I finally tell him he has been brainwashed well by the Lefties and will make a good Liberal."

I have had common experiences like that as well, very troubling!

Now pertaining to your comment I have quoted: It's not the lefties, its the generations stemming from the early 20th century up to the generation that me and your daughter's boyfriend are in that did the brainwashing. The American people in the mentioned generations as a whole, democrats and republicans are the ones who expanded gov't, it's power andteh assaulton our manyrights. And then passed it on to their children. You guys on this forum appear to be an exception;). I'm glad I have only been able to vote for two years now, because I am not to blame for the sad shape the generations before left this once great country, throwing my freedoms out of the goddam window before I was born and while I was a child. And then as in your case teaching the new generation their freedom hating beliefs. Many of the people in your generations as well have been taught by their parents and society.

I only have one question that nobody has been able to answer me yet:

What the hell was wrong with yours and the other generations to degrade on SO MANY LEVELS ofmy freedoms?? I have taken to fighting for freedom, the freedom the prior generations STOLE from me! I only ask why!!?

sorry for going off topic, rant over
HERE HERE!!!!

M

McX

imported post

antis never realy have a valid arguement, they just have an argument, they never have facts, they just have opinions, you find them creepin around in the family (maybe soon yours), i think of them this way; their mind is a room with a closed door. it is a small room.:idea:

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Do i talk to anti's about about my gun rights, NO. it's a waste of time & I have better things to do. Sounds like this young man, needs you to have the chat with him.

If you knock up my daughter or hurt her ever.... I will use that pistol on you, then I will bury you in a deep grave & no one will ever hear from you again......he asking for you to put the fear of god into him.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

rcawdor57 wrote:
BROKENSPROKET wrote:
9026543 wrote:
I have to agree. He IS intelligent but...not motivated (as I see him). He is 18 and in the 10th grade. Yes, the 10th grade. Why? Because he doesn't do well in school. He doesn't turn in the work or participate in school so he fails. That is why he is 18 and in the 10th grade. But...he SPEAKS as if he has intelligence so one has to wonder what is going on?!?!

I challenged him and his response was??? "I'm done talking to you, just go away." Interesting? To me it seems his brainwashing is complete. It is like the movie "The Matrix" where one lives inside a computer program. I really don't know if he will ever wake up but I can hope he does.
"Done talking to you, just go away?" Wasn't this in YOUR home? I would have grabbed him up by the seat of his pants and sent him sailing out the door.

Maybe your response to his rant should have been a quote from mayor Daily.
"If I shove this up your arse you'll understand!"

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Glock34 wrote:
Do i talk to anti's about about my gun rights, NO. it's a waste of time & I have better things to do. Sounds like this young man, needs you to have the chat with him.

If you knock up my daughter or hurt her ever.... I will use that pistol on you, then I will bury you in a deep grave & no one will ever hear from you again......he asking for you to put the fear of god into him.
If you knock up my daughter or hurt her ever.... I will use that pistol on you, then I will shoot you with it and then I will bury you in a deep grave & no one will ever hear from you again......he asking for you to put the fear of god into him.

There I fixed it for ya. :lol:

M

McX

imported post

we must be innocent of instigation, and never offer to shoot anyone. we must be kind and gentle.......ark! koff! I'm sayin it, but still choking on it.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

McX wrote:
we must be innocent of instigation, and never offer to shoot anyone. we must be kind and gentle.......ark! koff! I'm sayin it, but still choking on it.
That is the subliminal message that the government plays through the headphones of the sheep as they sleep at night.

M

McX

imported post

yes, along with the other messages; the check is in the mail, i'm with the government, and here to help you, no baby- you can't get pregnant.......is there any i missed?