• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

RPD responding to OC at Rancho San Rafel 12:35PM

jfrey123

imported post

Just heard on the scanner here at work, someone called in a 10-32 (man with gun) at Rancho San Rafel "near the children's play area." The dispatcher described him as an overweightman approx 5'8" carrying in a shoulder rig.

Police are currently en route.One officer, who sounded like a supervisor, stated on the radiothat there "is an 'Open Carry' issue to be aware of. If the 10-32 is not concealing it, we probably don't have any recourse except for a good F.I." I do not know what an F.I. is, if anyone here can enlighten us...

I'll continue to listen and see what exactly RPD do with this guy.

LV XD9

imported post

Vegassteve wrote:
cant find any info either on what a F.I. is. keep the updates.

From a cursory google search, I'm thinking either "field investigation" or "field interrogation."

Looking forward to the updates...

jfrey123

imported post

F.I. may possibly be a 'Follow up Investigation.'

Listening to 10 codes and everything else is a little difficult, esp when some of these go into the coded frequencies that won't pick up on the scanner.

EDIT: Non-related info removed.

jfrey123

imported post

Ok, so I don't know the exact conclusion. It sounds like the officers who were responding are now 10-8 (in service) which means they're cleared off our friend here. Unless they switched to coded frequencies to check the guy's information, it sounds like they didn't run any reports or checks on him (typically they won't switch freqs just to run a check, they run DL's and plates on open air all day).

It seems that this call is over without negative incident. Maybe the person who got reported will find us talking about him and fill in the details I didn't get over the radio.

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
imported post

FI means "Field Interview"-- usually done as a card or notes, which are then filed in case there is any reason to follow up later.

This is a really really really good time to say your name, then NOTHING ELSE.