• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CCW Class sign

kryptonian

imported post

saw sign at pontiac trail and beck rd. in wixom. says word for word-

GET YOUR CCW NOW!
Before the Laws Change
$100 is all you need
1-888-623-4042 24 hrs.

took a pic but no matter how hard i tried it was too big to post. don't know why. what laws? anybody know?

Michigander

imported post

All I found with a web search is a dead link still found through google by searching the number.

Here is the dead link

CALL SCORPION PROTECTION AT 1-888-623-4042 . YOU MUST BE 21 (southfield) ^. Region: Southfield, MICHIGAN. Category: Services -> Lessons. Updated: 6 Aug 2009 ...
http://www.american-classifieds.net/adpage.php?ad=75751

If you can't get the picture to work, post a link to a photobucket picture or something, otherwise email it to someone who can format the picture.

DetroitBiker

imported post

Anybody have a recording feature on their phone? you could call the number ,ask about these new law(s) then play it backon here for us all to enjoy. :D

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
imported post

I've seen a number of websites for either CPL/CCW/CCP, FFL Licensing (a packet to assist you), and even a "bodyguard" training website stating that the laws will change soon... "Obama wants to "X" and "Y" so you better get your_________ NOW!" (Fill in the blank).

As was posted, most assuredly a ploy (scarcity) to get people to purchase their services or product.

see this for persuasion techniques:
http://changingminds.org/principles/scarcity.htm

kryptonian

imported post

the only way that this was a rush to get your CPL is the new "law" would be some kind of grandfathering the permits. if the laws change why would it matter if you had it or not other wise. i agree it's a ploy.
saw one at beck and maple too - about 100 yards from the home of the guy who taught my CPL class years ago. he's australian and gave him a little crap about his country getting their guns taken away.