• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Walmart Biddeford

ep0k

imported post

Just wanted to say I OC regularly at the Brunswick Wal-Mart and the Portland / Augusta Sam's Clubs and no one has ever said a word to me. I get odd looks from the other shoppers but not the employees.

EDIT:

I have to redact this, I was at the Portland Sam's Club today and a floor manager shadowed me the entire time I was in there. He didn't confront me directly, but did call for backup and mention "a guy with a gun" over the radio.

souders

imported post

MrJoshua wrote:
I've been boycotting Wal-Mart for years. Can't stand the place. The last straw for me was when they introduced receipt checkers a few years back. Why the hell should I have to prove that what is in my bag is on my receipt?

I don't care if ammo is cheaper there. The cost of my dignity is worth a lot more...
I currently work at the Ellsworth Walmart. I have recently put in my two week notice. There IS a trend of employees and managers believing they are a form of security or something like that. I know for a fact that walmart has no policy on firearms(other than to follow state and local laws). Even though there is no posting on any of the entrances concerning the ban of weapons, management will probably tell you to leave because they are afraid of diverse situations. If thats the case, walk into the Dunkin Donuts in the Walmart. I also work there and know for a fact they are Open Carry Friendly. So next time anyone wants a good cup of coffee, stop into dunkin you'll always be welcome there :)

damienrr

TVs are not worth someones life.

shanebelanger wrote: Here's a question: Would you draw on a couple who are loading stolen TVs into their pickup through a side door? (This happened at the Brunswick Wally World once; the stealing of TVs that is, nobody had a firearm.) I wonder if that extent of burglary is enough justified cause to hold them at gunpoint until authorities arrive?

Get a description of perps, make,model,color of vehicle, license plate number, and call LEOs, thats what their job is. If I ever unholstered my gun it would be in a LIFE OR DEATH SITUATION. A few tvs aren't worth someones life. You should not look for reasons to draw your firearm, thats irresponsible and dangerous.

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
Get a description of perps, make,model,color of vehicle, license plate number, and call LEOs, thats what their job is. If I ever unholstered my gun it would be in a LIFE OR DEATH SITUATION. A few tvs aren't worth someones life. You should not look for reasons to draw your firearm, thats irresponsible and dangerous.
thats weird, i never wrote what was quoted there... hmm i would never draw unless someones life was in danger *immediate danger*