• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Legislators We Need To Know

Just a Guy

imported post

I don't know where this will go, but here's what I'm thinking. For better or for worse, the more attention we draw to the legality of OC, the greater the risk of the 'Mike Lawlor's or Edith Prague'sof Hartford to try to draft legislation banning OC.

Who do we know in Hartford, be it a state senator or staterepresentative who would support our cause? I think at some point we should caucus and see just what the numbers are to determine if we have the votes to block any counterproductive legislation. We should work on having the numbers to counteract proposed legislation from the CT Police Chiefs Association or any other group who may wish to further restrict our rights.

Being up here in NW CT, the names that come to mind are:

1) Kevin Witkos (R) Sen-08. He is also a sergeant with the Canton PD. I plan to call him this week to see where he stands.

2) John Rigby (R) House-63. He's a decent guy living in Colebrook, but I'm not sure where he stands on this either.

3) Annie Hornish (D) House-62. She's a dingbat who couldn't find her way out of a paper bag. She is a 1st termer who needs to go. :cuss:

4) Andrew Roraback (R) Sen-30. He's a tough read. He strike me as a rino, but he plays the game.

Any thoughts?

buketdude

imported post

You can count on Senator Kissel (R) from Enfield..he is the ranking repub leader on the Judiciary Committee..def someone to talk to...also on the PS&S committee Peggy Sayers (D) from Windsor Locks and Karen Jarmoc (D) from Enfield....

But we need to remember one thing...Elections are in November and all the seats are up for grab...including the Gov..

Also Matt Conway (D) from Suffield is on the Judic Committee....My cousin ran against him in 2008...not sure if she is challenging him this time..