Thread: Celebrate Fairfax! Festival - Who's Goin?

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Celebrate Fairfax! Festival
    June 11th – 13th, 2010
    Fairfax County Government Center
    [size=
    ][/size][size=Festival Hours: Friday 6pm-12am, Saturday 10am-12am and Sunday 11am-7pm][/size]
    [size=http://www.celebratefairfax.com ][/size]
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

I'd love to, but I don't think a time window is going to open up for me. We've got packing to do, and a recital on Sunday.

Post imported post

I might...it will give me a chance to try out my nifty new piece of paper the county will mail to me by Friday...that is, if it isn't too hot and I just OC anyways.

Post imported post

I'll be there.

Post imported post

I was taking a look at the list of prohibited items:

WHAT ITEMS ARE NOT PERMITTED AT THE FESTIVAL?
    To ensure a safe and enjoyable festival experience for everyone, the following are not permitted at the festival:

* Coolers, pitchers or glass containers
    * Soliciting
    * Removing alcoholic beverages from the site
    * Laser pointers
    * Lawn or beach chairs
    * Pets, except for service animals for patrons with disabilities
    * Boom boxes and audio recording devices
    * Scooters, roller skates, skateboards, bicycles, or in-line skates
    * Professional still or video cameras
    * Climbing on any scaffolding towers or stages
    * Smoking at any tented areas or indoor venues
    * Defacing property within the festival site (this may result in prosecution)
    * Bringing in outside alcoholic beverages

Bags, backpacks and other hand-carried items are subject to inspection. Blankets are welcome. Umbrellas may be brought in, but you may be asked to lower them in concert areas to allow all guests access to stage viewing.

Since quite a few of us regularly carry digital voice recorders, it might be important to know if they can in fact prohibit you from entering with one (provided they even know you have it).

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

VApatriot wrote:
    SNIP Since quite a few of us regularly carry digital voice recorders, it might be important to know if they can in fact prohibit you from entering with one (provided they even know you have it).
    This is one of the reasons I love this forum. He didn't say, "Oh, darn. We can't carry our voice-recorders." He asked, "They got the authority to make that rule?"

:celebrate

PS: I bet they don't.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    VApatriot wrote:
    SNIP Since quite a few of us regularly carry digital voice recorders, it might be important to know if they can in fact prohibit you from entering with one (provided they even know you have it).
    This is one of the reasons I love this forum. He didn't say, "Oh, darn. We can't carry our voice-recorders." He asked, "They got the authority to make that rule?"

PS: I bet they don't.
    I'm guessing the attempt recording device ban is for the bands and so forth.

Since VA statute 19.2-62(2) clearly makes VA a one-party consent state, I cannot see how the locality can ban recording on public property. Certainly, 19.2-62 does not give localities authority to make such a ban.

I am not a lawyer. I would just carry my voice-recorder in defiance of the ban. If stopped by police, for any reason, I might need that recording.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    I am not a lawyer. I would just carry my voice-recorder in defiance of the ban. If stopped by police, for any reason, I might need that recording.
    +1
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

Did not make it today but expect to tomorrow.
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Post imported post

OC'd for about 5 hours today with no incident. I'm not sure anyone even noticed. My wife seemed to think she might have seen a little :shock: from one mom standing next to us in a line.

Post imported post

Figures this is on the hottest nastiest weekend yet. Taking a look at the entertainment lineup, I'm glad I didn't go. Rusted Root? Please.

Post imported post

WHAT ITEMS ARE NOT PERMITTED AT THE FESTIVAL?
    To ensure a safe and enjoyable festival experience for everyone, the following are not permitted at the festival:

* Coolers, pitchers or glass containers
    * Soliciting
    * Removing alcoholic beverages from the site
    * Laser pointers
    * Lawn or beach chairs
    * Pets, except for service animals for patrons with disabilities
    * Boom boxes and audio recording devices
    * Scooters, roller skates, skateboards, bicycles, or in-line skates
    * Professional still or video cameras
    * Climbing on any scaffolding towers or stages
    * Smoking at any tented areas or indoor venues
    * Defacing property within the festival site (this may result in prosecution)
    * Bringing in outside alcoholic beverages

Bags, backpacks and other hand-carried items are subject to inspection. Blankets are welcome. Umbrellas may be brought in, but you may be asked to lower them in concert areas to allow all guests access to stage viewing.

Does that include a Crimson Trace laser grip on a pistol? They are NOT going to unholster my pistol to inspect it.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't include laser sights. They just don't want kids pointing lasers at people. In most places, its a felony.
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)

Post imported post

Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Post imported post

Ed, is that a familiar black rubber "button" I see on the frontstrap of that pistol? My grips are reddish in color but my laser is also on the right side (as I believe all CT 1911-style lasers are), but I am left handed. No one can see the laser housing on mine when in the SERPA.

Edit (1043 hrs)

Yep... upon closer inspection with photographic enlargement, it appears to be CT grips and a Kimber skeleton hammer. Very Nice.
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)

Post imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
    Ed, is that a familiar black rubber "button"
    yep
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -