• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Celebrate Fairfax! Festival - Who's Goin?

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

Celebrate Fairfax! Festival
June 11th – 13th, 2010
Fairfax County Government Center
[size=
][/size][size=Festival Hours: Friday 6pm-12am, Saturday 10am-12am and Sunday 11am-7pm][/size]
[size=[url=http://www.celebratefairfax.com]http://www.celebratefairfax.com[/url] ][/size]

Riana

imported post

I'd love to, but I don't think a time window is going to open up for me. We've got packing to do, and a recital on Sunday.

nova

imported post

I might...it will give me a chance to try out my nifty new piece of paper the county will mail to me by Friday...that is, if it isn't too hot and I just OC anyways.

VApatriot

imported post

I was taking a look at the list of prohibited items:

WHAT ITEMS ARE NOT PERMITTED AT THE FESTIVAL?
To ensure a safe and enjoyable festival experience for everyone, the following are not permitted at the festival:

* Coolers, pitchers or glass containers
* Soliciting
* Removing alcoholic beverages from the site
* Laser pointers
* Lawn or beach chairs
* Pets, except for service animals for patrons with disabilities
* Boom boxes and audio recording devices
* Scooters, roller skates, skateboards, bicycles, or in-line skates
* Professional still or video cameras
* Climbing on any scaffolding towers or stages
* Smoking at any tented areas or indoor venues
* Defacing property within the festival site (this may result in prosecution)
* Bringing in outside alcoholic beverages

Bags, backpacks and other hand-carried items are subject to inspection. Blankets are welcome. Umbrellas may be brought in, but you may be asked to lower them in concert areas to allow all guests access to stage viewing.

Since quite a few of us regularly carry digital voice recorders, it might be important to know if they can in fact prohibit you from entering with one (provided they even know you have it).

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

VApatriot wrote:
SNIP Since quite a few of us regularly carry digital voice recorders, it might be important to know if they can in fact prohibit you from entering with one (provided they even know you have it).
This is one of the reasons I love this forum. He didn't say, "Oh, darn. We can't carry our voice-recorders." He asked, "They got the authority to make that rule?"

:celebrate

PS: I bet they don't.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Citizen wrote:
VApatriot wrote:
SNIP Since quite a few of us regularly carry digital voice recorders, it might be important to know if they can in fact prohibit you from entering with one (provided they even know you have it).
This is one of the reasons I love this forum. He didn't say, "Oh, darn. We can't carry our voice-recorders." He asked, "They got the authority to make that rule?"

PS: I bet they don't.

I'm guessing the attempt recording device ban is for the bands and so forth.

Since VA statute 19.2-62(2) clearly makes VA a one-party consent state, I cannot see how the locality can ban recording on public property. Certainly, 19.2-62 does not give localities authority to make such a ban.

I am not a lawyer. I would just carry my voice-recorder in defiance of the ban. If stopped by police, for any reason, I might need that recording.

Polymathic

imported post

OC'd for about 5 hours today with no incident. I'm not sure anyone even noticed. My wife seemed to think she might have seen a little :shock: from one mom standing next to us in a line.

MSC 45ACP

imported post

WHAT ITEMS ARE NOT PERMITTED AT THE FESTIVAL?
To ensure a safe and enjoyable festival experience for everyone, the following are not permitted at the festival:

* Coolers, pitchers or glass containers
* Soliciting
* Removing alcoholic beverages from the site
* Laser pointers
* Lawn or beach chairs
* Pets, except for service animals for patrons with disabilities
* Boom boxes and audio recording devices
* Scooters, roller skates, skateboards, bicycles, or in-line skates
* Professional still or video cameras
* Climbing on any scaffolding towers or stages
* Smoking at any tented areas or indoor venues
* Defacing property within the festival site (this may result in prosecution)
* Bringing in outside alcoholic beverages

Bags, backpacks and other hand-carried items are subject to inspection. Blankets are welcome. Umbrellas may be brought in, but you may be asked to lower them in concert areas to allow all guests access to stage viewing.

Does that include a Crimson Trace laser grip on a pistol? They are NOT going to unholster my pistol to inspect it.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't include laser sights. They just don't want kids pointing lasers at people. In most places, its a felony.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

corn.jpg

rides.jpg

MSC 45ACP

imported post

Ed, is that a familiar black rubber "button" I see on the frontstrap of that pistol? My grips are reddish in color but my laser is also on the right side (as I believe all CT 1911-style lasers are), but I am left handed. No one can see the laser housing on mine when in the SERPA.

Edit (1043 hrs)

Yep... upon closer inspection with photographic enlargement, it appears to be CT grips and a Kimber skeleton hammer. Very Nice.