• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Brand New FREE GUN for Sale Web site

curtiswr

imported post

I like that it is very organized, but right now I don't feel like registering for yet another site/forum/anything. I will bookmark it though. Is it intended for Virginia only? I don't see anything indicating that it is. If not, you might want to see about getting the admin at http://www.riverofguns.com to add it to their list of sites they scroll when searching for guns and gun stuff for sale.

The good thing about a new classified site is that you get reasonable people looking to sell stuff at reasonable prices. As time goes on and more people learn of it the more you're gonna get that make it a business for themselves, spam it, lowball every ad, or just otherwise want 900 dollars for a gun with 6000 rounds through it that costs only slightly more new.

TFred

imported post

Curtis wrote:
I like that it is very organized, but right now I don't feel like registering for yet another site/forum/anything. I will bookmark it though. Is it intended for Virginia only? I don't see anything indicating that it is.
That would seem to be a problem with this new site. I understand they're new, so they may have just not figured it all out yet. Just like VaGunTrader had to go through some growing pains when they first started.

This site appears to be nation-wide, and as such, they are going to have to put up some guidelines that inform people of the Federal laws governing interstate transfers, and, well, just some guidelines and procedure to say what they expect people to do and how to use the site.

Many gun sale sites require the posters to include the seller's state in the title, which is very handy. These folks look like they just had an idea pop into their head and decided to take off with it. Not a formula for "warm fuzzies".

TFred