• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

open carry around racine,millwalkie,east troy

Richieg150

imported post

Hi guys,Im coming uo to your fine state this weekend,and going to be staying about a week,and open carry here in Missouri.I am wondering what I can expect if I open carry .I have a CCW,but prefer to open carry.I also open carry while on my motorcycle here in Missouri,as I understand it,you have no CCW,and you cant carry it loaded,within reach in your vehicle,any info would be appreciated.

paul@paul-fisher.com

imported post

A firearm can only be unloaded and encased in a vehicle. So...

To open carry you need to remove the case from the trunk. Take the pistol out of the case with the case not being inside or touching the car, you can load it and the put the empty case back in the car.

Now that you are carrying, there are 5 places you can't carry.

1. Knowingly within 1000 feet of school property, not just a school building.
2. Government buildings.
3. Restaurants that serve alcohol.
4. In a vehicle.

Fudge! I forgot the last 1. Someone will add.

M

McX

imported post

me thinks no police stations, some state land, and some county property, could be wrong though. look for a posted sign on any business you enter. anyone got anything else?

paul@paul-fisher.com

imported post

McX wrote:
me thinks no police stations, some state land, and some county property, could be wrong though. look for a posted sign on any business you enter. anyone got anything else?

I was assuming government buildings covered most of that.

M

McX

imported post

10-4. it's a hard list to remember, so many restrictions, but some freedom.

added on edit; check out my new avatar, it got boney fingers! cracks me up.

M

McX

imported post

you gotta get something now. i recommend picking something with boney fingers. but i'm funny that way.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Five restricted places:

Vehicles :--: Unloaded and fully encased

Bars :--: or any place that serves alcohol for consumption on the premises
No carry unless you have prior permission from owner/manager

Government
Buildings :--: No carry unless you have prior permission from LEO

State Parks :--: No carry unless it is hunting season and you have the permit to hunt the specific park.

School Zones :--: 1000ft from the edge of school property UNLESS on private property. On private property, the 1000ft zone does not apply.

See: http://www.wisconsincarry.org/legal.html for legal citations.

Local restrictions are pre-empted by state law.