• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

using bug spray as self defense?

Aryk45XD

imported post

He's trollish, but he he thinks outside the box and most of his posts are pretty good and thought provoking.
On that thought, i'd most definitely use anything around me for self defense during an attack. I once threw a balloon at my brother. He flinched, I knocked him down, and it gave me just enough opportunity to run to Mom's room. :celebrate

oneeyeross

imported post

BigDave wrote:
oneeyeross wrote:
What I'm trying to figure out is why all I would have on myself is a can of bug spray.

(That certainly wouldn't cover up the naughty bits very well.....)
Maybe at home, in the yard, out in the shed ....
Well, even when at home, especially when out in the yard, I am carrying....don't know about the rest of you guys. I live in a very rural environment. Police/Sheriff help is not going to happen soon enough to ever be of assistance, so I carry. When I'm in bed, it's under the pillow...

Bob Warden

imported post

oneeyeross wrote:
BigDave wrote:
oneeyeross wrote:
What I'm trying to figure out is why all I would have on myself is a can of bug spray.

Well, even when at home, especially when out in the yard, I am carrying....don't know about the rest of you guys. I live in a very rural environment. Police/Sheriff help is not going to happen soon enough to ever be of assistance, so I carry. When I'm in bed, it's under the pillow...
What, bug spray?!?

Aaron1124

imported post

Bob Warden wrote:
oneeyeross wrote:
BigDave wrote:
oneeyeross wrote:

What, bug spray?!?
I'd imagine so, considering he said he lives in a very rural environment. It's gotta be infested with bugs of all sorts.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
imported post

Bob Warden wrote:
oneeyeross wrote:
BigDave wrote:
oneeyeross wrote:
What, bug spray?!?
How about wasp spray, shoots a long ways and plenty of spray to boot !

This concept is not about choosing a lesser option but say it was the wife or kids that do not have a weapon at hand and would have to use anything they could get their hands on to protect themselves.