• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gunpal. anyone else having problems?

10mm

imported post

Been over 2 weeks. They owe me $1000. I wasn't getting any response from the emails so I did some research and found the phone #. They have one freaking guy working there. Said they had a problem with the bank and wait another 7 days. I'm a bit worriedI may not ever see the money. I have been reading their facebook page and other boards. I'm not the only one. This is bad news.

Anyone know of another payment site? Paypal is antigun and gpal just plain sucks. I have a feeling it is going to cost me more to fight gpal than what they owe me. Going to make some calls tomorrow. FDIC, BBB, etc. Any suggestions?

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

10mm wrote:
Been over 2 weeks. They owe me $1000. I wasn't getting any response from the emails so I did some research and found the phone #. They have one freaking guy working there. Said they had a problem with the bank and wait another 7 days. I'm a bit worriedI may not ever see the money. I have been reading their facebook page and other boards. I'm not the only one. This is bad news.

Anyone know of another payment site? Paypal is antigun and gpal just plain sucks. I have a feeling it is going to cost me more to fight gpal than what they owe me. Going to make some calls tomorrow. FDIC, BBB, etc. Any suggestions?
Gpal is awesome. Not sure what YOUR bank problem is, but I will send an email for you. Ed

10mm

imported post

Not awesome! I have Ben's cell # (the CEO)!!!.Left him a message to please return my call. I've called the # listed with netsol.They have no customer service dept. Just one guy there namedChad. Chad says their bank lost the withdraws for several of us. This is unexceptable!!No excuse for no return phone calls or emails. Crap happens but you can't not return calls and emails when we are talking about peoples money. It isn't my bank.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#topic_top

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1220775

curtiswr

imported post

I don't use it. Nothing about it on their Twitter though.

http://twitter.com/GUNPALinc

See that they were featured in the Wall Street Journal. Maybe gaining publicity made them more of a target for hackers?

In searching I found this:

Ben replied with this on snipershide.com on May 16:

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1816427&page=1
[line]We did have some problems that affected a small portion of our users. Related to intermediary banks, ACH, and the name change. Those problems have been identified and eliminated. Anyone with an ongoing issue should contact support immediately.
[line]
Guy there with an issue finally got his money after 18 days. :shock:

Best of luck with this, 10mm, and thank you for bringing it to my/our attention. Definitely don't think I'll be signing up for them now.

TFred

imported post

10mm wrote:
This incident was resolved. A blatant attempt to frame the guy, possibly for ideological reasons. I forget all the details, but at the time the supposed incident took place, he was a hundred miles away, and had boatloads of proof. It was an obvious scam.

You might want to read more before you post such old news, this update is from the very same blog site:

http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/2010/03/16/gunpal-ceo-ben-cannon-case-dismissed/

TFred

10mm

imported post

TFred wrote:
10mm wrote:
This incident was resolved. A blatant attempt to frame the guy, possibly for ideological reasons. I forget all the details, but at the time the supposed incident took place, he was a hundred miles away, and had boatloads of proof. It was an obvious scam.

You might want to read more before you post such old news, this update is from the very same blog site:

http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/2010/03/16/gunpal-ceo-ben-cannon-case-dismissed/

TFred
news is news. I didn't say he did anything. Just fishy. I just want my money so I can move on. And wanted to warn people that may have their blinders on just cuz they say they are gun friendly. I would at the very least wait a while and see if they stay in business and/or work out their issues.

TFred

imported post

10mm wrote:
TFred wrote:
10mm wrote:

TFred

news is news. I didn't say he did anything. Just fishy.
I just want my money so I can move on. And wanted to warn people that may have their blinders on just cuz they say they are gun friendly. I would at the very least wait a while and see if they stay in business and/or work out their issues.
Are you kidding? That's the attitude of the absolutely corrupt mainstream media these days. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt, but if you are admitting that you knew the guy had been acquitted, and posted only one side of the story on purpose, man that's cold, and you are wearing out your welcome here real fast.

Sure, I get it. There's a problem and you aren't happy. I read the links and the Facebook posts, which seem to provide a plausible explanation for what happened. It's a small company who doesn't pay a dozen people a full time salary to answer your phone calls. That's why it's an affordable service. You've made your point, now lets see what they are going to do.

TFred

10mm

imported post

TFred wrote:
10mm wrote:
TFred wrote:
10mm wrote:

TFred

news is news. I didn't say he did anything. Just fishy.
I just want my money so I can move on. And wanted to warn people that may have their blinders on just cuz they say they are gun friendly. I would at the very least wait a while and see if they stay in business and/or work out their issues.
Are you kidding? That's the attitude of the absolutely corrupt mainstream media these days. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt, but if you are admitting that you knew the guy had been acquitted, and posted only one side of the story on purpose, man that's cold, and you are wearing out your welcome here real fast.

Sure, I get it. There's a problem and you aren't happy. I read the links and the Facebook posts, which seem to provide a plausible explanation for what happened. It's a small company who doesn't pay a dozen people a full time salary to answer your phone calls. That's why it's an affordable service. You've made your point, now lets see what they are going to do.

TFred
I searched google for gpal/gunpal issues. That was one of the things that came up. I didn't know he was acquitted until I read your post. Maybe I should have looked more into it. Good for him. Maybe now he can concentrate on his business a bit more. 20 thousand plus members and one guy working there. And although a nice guy all he can say is "I don't know." When will this be fixed? "I don't know." Why didn't I get a response from the emails? "I don't know." Can you just send me a check? "I don't know."

TStoner

imported post

Here's one...

I am waiting for TWO transactions that are both over the 7 business day period, totalling around $200.00. I have around $800.00 that I'm still waiting on, but hasn't passed the 7 business days yet. I can't get a phone number, and they said they initiated a trace on the first transaction Friday. It's Wednesday, and after multiple emails, I still haven't received any information on it, and now the second transaction is past due.

This is my business, my life, and my income. I sell on Gunbroker.com and my customers need a reliable way to get their money for payment to me. USPS mail just takes too long, paypal is anti-gun/ammo, and since I sell ammunition, I can't get a charge.com account.

This is just ridiculous. I thought Gunpal/GPal was going to be great... pro-gun is a big plus as well as donation a % to a charity when I send funds. But if they're not reliable, and if they can't even stick to one name or at least not have many problems when changing it, it's not worth it.

Does anyone know about or use other CC sites like Google Checkout, or Amazon Payments? Or perhaps know of another site simular that IS RELIABLE and is pro-gun/ammunition?

I owe so many people payments that I would have sent out about a week ago if I had received the GPal funds by the time I was supposed to. It used to take about 5 business days. I wouldn't have even complained if I got it on the 7th business day. But going over this long is unacceptable!!

T Stoner

TStoner

imported post

Well, we can't use paypal, because we sell ammo. I've tried telling people NOT to mention Gunbroker.com or ammo or anything, but you got some really stupid people out there who can't seem to read an invoice all the way. So we got permenantly banned from paypal for that.

Just need to find a service that's simular and isn't anti-gun and won't loose your money.

What does anyone know about Amazon payments or Google Checkout?

TFred

imported post

TStoner wrote:
Well, we can't use paypal, because we sell ammo. I've tried telling people NOT to mention Gunbroker.com or ammo or anything, but you got some really stupid people out there who can't seem to read an invoice all the way. So we got permenantly banned from paypal for that.

Just need to find a service that's simular and isn't anti-gun and won't loose your money.

What does anyone know about Amazon payments or Google Checkout?
I don't know specifically about Google Checkout policies, but Google itself is run by a bunch of California liberals, and they do specifically exclude firearms web sites from their very successful Adsense program. I believe this site used to host Adsense ads, until someone finally figured out we discussed... ::gasp:: firearms!

It really astounds me that some rights seem to be more important than others.

TFred

TStoner

imported post

Ok, so today, on Thursday, June 10th... I know have three transactions over the 7 business days totalling almost $600.00. This is starting to look like a scam. I just want my money from them so I can change services. Does anyone have any phone number for these people?

I've even wrote Ben Cannon on www.snipershide.com to ask him about it with no response.

You can't take a person's money and expect them to just let you... this is crap...

Screw Gunpal/GPal

10mm

imported post

TStoner wrote:
Ok, so today, on Thursday, June 10th... I know have three transactions over the 7 business days totalling almost $600.00. This is starting to look like a scam. I just want my money from them so I can change services. Does anyone have any phone number for these people?

I've even wrote Ben Cannon on http://www.snipershide.com to ask him about it with no response.

You can't take a person's money and expect them to just let you... this is crap...

Screw Gunpal/GPal
check your private messages in a sec.

10mm

imported post

TStoner wrote:

I've even wrote Ben Cannon on http://www.snipershide.com to ask him about it with no response.

Screw Gunpal/GPal
I called again yesterday about another withdraw I did after the first one in question that they originally said should be fine because they thought it was only withdraws done around May 24+/- (the large withdraw I originally complained about being very late). THEY LOST THIS ONE TOO!!! BWAHAHAHAHA. Awesome! Forest (the president of gpal) finally called me after I asked to talk to Ben after repeated phone calls (who was out Sick). Forest said they are fixing it. However, will take up to 7 days. Shit happens but they need to communicate. Just ignoring emails and phone calls is not how you run a business. With 20 thousand+ users a few customer service reps MIGHT be worth looking into. It's not like it's a free service. Being gun friendly is not an excuse for poor business practices.

TStoner

imported post

This is an email I got from Chad at GPal today:

"On June 07 2010 we received notification from a 3rd party service provider that some customer withdrawals had been held without our knowledge or consent. That same day GPal executives followed up and received written confirmation that the withdrawals had been fully processed. On June 08 2010 we received another notification that our 3rd party service provider had indeed NOT processed the customer withdrawals as promised. GPal is terminating the relationship with this 3rd party provider. The entity holding your funds is Comerica Bank. You may contact Susan Rutledge at (313) xxx-xxxx. GPal is working constantly to insure your funds make their destination, and we apologize profusely for this gross and egregious failure to deliver."

I've talked to Susan, she seems really generic, won't give me any information. Chad said they don't know why Comerica Bank is holding on to the funds and are having trouble getting a hold of her. Susan tells me (in her generic "I understand" way), that GPal knows what's going on and they haven't had any trouble calling her and I have to deal with them directly.

It's starting to look like the people who still don't have their funds from GPal might have to merge into a huge lawsuit against Comerica Bank and/or GPal...

So as of right now, I know where my money is, but I cant' get an answer as to why it's there, and when I'll get it... :banghead: