• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

BATFE

Thoreau

imported post

squaremedatf.gif

zack991

imported post

atf.bmp

"Already a couple of the faithful have sent in checks for a foundation memorial to the innocents who perished at the hands of the ninja at Waco ... I have been criticized by referring to our federal masked men as 'ninja' ... Let us reflect upon the fact that a man who covers his face shows reason to be ashamed of what he is doing. A man who takes it upon himself to shed blood while concealing his identity is a revolting perversion of the warrior ethic. It has long been my conviction that a masked man with a gun is a target. I see no reason to change that view."

---Jeff cooper

erichonda30

Banned
imported post

zack991 wrote:
atf.bmp

"Already a couple of the faithful have sent in checks for a foundation memorial to the innocents who perished at the hands of the ninja at Waco ... I have been criticized by referring to our federal masked men as 'ninja' ... Let us reflect upon the fact that a man who covers his face shows reason to be ashamed of what he is doing. A man who takes it upon himself to shed blood while concealing his identity is a revolting perversion of the warrior ethic. It has long been my conviction that a masked man with a gun is a target. I see no reason to change that view."

---Jeff cooper

i think all mexican feds cover their faces

mobeewan

imported post

Shallnotbeinfringed wrote:
Dreamer wrote:
I'll just say this. BATFE chose to put their national Ballistics Lab and their Research Lab in Rockville Maryland (where they also house their "gun fingerprint" database) and their Arson Research Center is in Beltsville MD.

http://www.saf.org/USAtoday102799.html

Of all the places in the country they could put these labs, they chose Maryland. I think that says volumes as to how the "higher ups" at BATFE feel about firearms ownership for law-abiding citizens.

'nuf sed...
Or it could have something to do with their headquarters being in DC.

For your theory to hold water, they would not have put their National Tracing Center (NTC), and their "Brady Branch" (the people who do the NCIS check) in West Virginia where Open Carry is lawful (except for some grandfathered cities) and is a state which proudly wears a consistent "F" rating from the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, and has some of the more permissive gun ownership and transfer laws in the nation. No NICS check for any private firearm transfer, rifle or pistol.

I find it quite ironic that the NTC is located here.

For the OP:

1) For the most part, at least the ATF people I've met/shot with are there just to aid in the enforcement of the laws that OUR representatives enacted. In fact I bought my Ruger 10/22 from a GS-13.

2) Kenneth Melson, is the Director, and from what I can remember from watching the Brad Bunch when I was a youngster, he is not from the Brady Bunch.

3) I know of 3 ATF people who regularly carry, sometimes open, sometimes concealed, sometimes "casual". From my talks with them, they really don't care one way or the other.

Having said that, I do believe the very existence of the ATF and its mission(s) is a direct infringement on our Constitutionally protected right to keep and bear arms and the bureau should be eliminated, completely. Including the TFE parts.

What I dislike is the continual bashing of an agency, that by an indifferent populace, has been allowed to exist and the broad brush technique used to paint all ATF (and in a larger sense all .gov) employees based on the actions of a few.

Kind of like when the anti's trot out a school shooting and try to paint all gun owners with the same brush.
Actually I thinkSen. "Sheets" Byrd had something to do with the FBI offices you mentioned being there.

Old Grump

imported post

We have constables, policemen, sheriff departments and state police in every state in the union, none of them are to friendly towards drug dealers, growers and manufacturers. We need a federal police agency dealing with drugs and guns like we need another rectum. Disband the BATF and the DEA, turn their data over to the FBI, make it available to police departments on demand and save us all a lot of expense and grief.

Just dos centavos from an old dinosaur

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

The BATFE is a tax enforcement agency.... so everyone they kill... they kill for a tax violation....

The BATFE is a very unconstitutional agency... but they are very powerful and unless we the people speak up and force the disbanding of said agency... they will continue murdering victims for tax violations.

Every BATFE agent in this country should be tried for murder or aiding and abetting a murderer.

Aaron1124

imported post

Washintonian_For_Liberty wrote:
The BATFE is a tax enforcement agency.... so everyone they kill... they kill for a tax violation....

The BATFE is a very unconstitutional agency... but they are very powerful and unless we the people speak up and force the disbanding of said agency... they will continue murdering victims for tax violations.

Every BATFE agent in this country should be tried for murder or aiding and abetting a murderer.
A pretty extreme opinion, if I do say so myself. My grandfather is retired from the ATF and U.S. Marine Corps and is one of the most noble, patriotic men I know, who supports each and every law abiding citizen's right to own, possess and carry a firearm.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

of course the BATFE, CIA, NSA, FBI, DOD,DOJ,IRS,DHS etc, etc, etc ...DON'T WANT YOU TO OWN FIREARMS...why ? you might ask.........it's because am armed society can say NO...where as countries that restrict firearms to it's citizens can make it's citizens SUBJECTS.

JUST ask these guys.....

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

zack991 wrote:
atf.bmp

---Jeff cooper
I refer to them as JACK BOOTED THUGS

Here is a picture of the WW2 Germany version

Aaron1124

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
of course the BATFE, CIA, NSA, FBI, DOD,DOJ,IRS,DHS etc, etc, etc ...DON'T WANT YOU TO OWN FIREARMS...why ? you might ask.........it's because am armed society can say NO...where as countries that restrict firearms to it's citizens can make it's citizens SUBJECTS.

JUST ask these guys.....
When you list off those agencies, are you talking about the "Higher uppers", as in the directors? Or the agents in general? I never understood why so many people think that law enforcement of any kind is against gun ownership and legal carry.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
Glock34 wrote:

JUST ask these guys.....
When you list off those agencies, are you talking about the "Higher uppers", as in the directors? Or the agents in general? I never understood why so many people think that law enforcement of any kind is against gun ownership and legal carry.
The Higher ups & the low level agents that are all to0 happy to enforce Draconian unconstitutional laws.

waiting for someone to say, DUDE!!! RELAX, they are just doing their jobs......(((( Yeah Right )))):X

Aaron1124

imported post

You've probably seen my posts, but I'll say it again. I have relatives who are both active and retired Law Enforcement, ranging from local PD's, ATF, and DEA. They are also all former military as well as very patriotic men who fully support the United States Constitution.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
You've probably seen my posts, but I'll say it again. I have relatives who are both active and retired Law Enforcement, ranging from local PD's, ATF, and DEA. They are also all former military as well as very patriotic men who fully support the United States Constitution.
go figure

Aaron1124

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
Aaron1124 wrote:
go figure
Not really sure what you mean by that, but my point is, you can't put a blanket over each and every officer or agent of the law, and assume that they're "against us" and against the constitution.

rodbender

imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
Aaron1124 wrote:
go figure
Not really sure what you mean by that, but my point is, you can't put a blanket over each and every officer or agent of the law, and assume that they're "against us" and against the constitution.
True, but the majority are...by a wide margin. IMHO

eye95

imported post

[W]e will NOT tolerate ... general bashing of groups of people based upon ... choice of occupation (e.g., being a law enforcement officer).
[font="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"]
[/font]