Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: California open carry radio ad campaign fundraising link now live!

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

UPDATE Monday, June 21: Via YOUTube is our 30 sec spot running today and tomorrow on 4 stations in Bakersfield/Kern County: KGFM/101.5; 1180 KERN; 1410 AM; ESPN 1230.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgJmg1lVQ7M

---

Operation Golden State Thunder Begins on Monday, June 14, 2010

Time is short - please give now what you can at http://www.opencarry.org/goldenstate.html

Let Our Voices Ring Out Like Thunder!

Time is short to save open carry rights in California - a setback in California will be viewed by the Brady Bunch and other anti-gun rights extremists as a strategic victory against our second Amendment rights with nation-wide repercussions.

Though the California Assembly has passed Assemblywoman Lori Saldana's AB 1934 to criminalize honorable open carry, the vote in the Senate is not assured for her - and our job is to make it assured victory for us!

Please donate what you can IMMEDIATELY so we can run pro-open carry radio ads in critical Senatorial "swing-districts" from San Diego to Los Angeles to San Jose to Redding - with your help, pro-gun voters in those districts will be alerted by our radio campaign to ensure their Senator votes correctly - that is, pro-gun.

Anyone donating $100 or more will have their OCDO member status updated to "Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter."

Whether you live in California or not, now would be the time to step up to the plate and take a swing for FREEDOM!

Let's quickly raise enough money to pound the California metro radio markets and cause coffee spills by anti-gun commuters from the 405 to the Golden Gate Bridge.

Carry on!

Post imported post

And our very first Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter is ... BigToe416!!!

Thank you sir!!!!

John

Post imported post

jpierce wrote:

Thank you sir!!!!

John
    hey john - is the donation link limirted to $100 contributions? also, how can folks copy the widget to their web site or blog? It seem to allow that but what does one actually do??

Post imported post

Mike,

No ... those wishing to do so may make donations from $1 all the way up to our goal of $10,000!

To add the widget to their site or blog, a user need only click the link on the widget that says Add to Site, fill in the details of their site and click Create Widget. It will give them code to add to their site and voila! ... Instant supporter!

John

Mike wrote:
    jpierce wrote:

Thank you sir!!!!

John
    hey john - is the donation link limirted to $100 contributions? also, how can folks copy the widget to their web site or blog? It seem to allow that but what does one actually do??

Post imported post

jpierce wrote:
    No ... those wishing to do so may make donations from $1 all the way up to our goal of $10,000!
    OK, I will try to make that $10,000 donation again then when my wife is not looking - but I could not see how to do it - the menu only goes up to $100.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

Just donated, but less than $10,000 sorry.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar

Post imported post

Finally, after all these years, I'm no longer a regular member. I'd like to thank the academy...

Step up Californians and donate!

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bad_ace's Avatar

Post imported post

bigtoe416 wrote:
    Step up Californians and donate!
    Since I'm being called out I also donated.

If you've found value in this site or the Open Carry Movement you'll do the same.

If you don't have the time to get out there and change hearts & minds, stop bad laws, and educate the public on responsible gun ownership, please provide resources to those that have made time by donating today.

~ bad_ace

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Sons of Liberty's Avatar

Post imported post

Done!
    Clinging to God & Guns: The Constitution Restoration Project

Post imported post

I can't thank you all enough!

It never ceases to amaze me how great the people in the gun rights community are!

Post imported post

Can someone give me a run down on this, it has been awhile since my California Government class..

It looks like is has not been passed by the senate or the Assembly yet, correct? Once both pass then we wait for Arnold to pass it. So currently we can still open carry correct?

http://info.sen.ca.gov/pub/09-10/bil...0_history.html

Post imported post

Streetbikerr6 wrote:

Can someone give me a run down on this, it has been awhile since my California Government class..

It looks like is has not been passed by the senate or the Assembly yet, correct? Once both pass then we wait for Arnold to pass it. So currently we can still open carry correct?

Correctamundo. It's now law yet. If it ever becomes law, it will be after McDonald vs. Chicago is settled.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Post imported post

Streetbikerr6 wrote:

I think 1934 WAS passed by the assembly, but has not been considered by the senate.
    It does not take courage to change America, it takes courage to keep it.
    Ignorance of the law is an excuse for neither citizens..nor for law enforcement.
    NRA life member

Post imported post

Tack wrote:
    I think 1934 WAS passed by the assembly, but has not been considered by the senate.
    Right, but Saldana knows she is in for a hard time in the Senate and some amendments are floating to make the bill just a little less onerous so it can pass - our job is to KILL the bill in the Senate - email your Senator today and follow up with a phone call and maybe a visit.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter

Post imported post

Donation sent.

Post imported post

Thank you Tom! You will notice that you are now an Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter.

flintlock tom wrote:
    Donation sent.

Post imported post

$100 donated. Also added widget to my website

Post imported post

chrisfromcali wrote:
    $100 donated. Also added widget to my website
    Thanks - we have ads planned for Kern County and Bakersfield Monday and Tuesday - but we need a lot more money to run ads in all the swimg dem senate districvts - let's post that widget far and wide - will post an audio link to the spot as soon as I get in Monday

Post imported post

Mike wrote:
    Tack wrote:
    Right, but Saldana knows she is in for a hard time in the Senate and some amendments are floating to make the bill just a little less onerous so it can pass - our job is to KILL the bill in the Senate - email your Senator today and follow up with a phone call and maybe a visit.
    Our local senator is already on board. I sent six hand written letters to the members of the Senate committee reviewing the bill. My wife wrote three more of them.
    It does not take courage to change America, it takes courage to keep it.
    Ignorance of the law is an excuse for neither citizens..nor for law enforcement.
    NRA life member

Post imported post

Listen to radio spot on YouTube now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgJmg1lVQ7M

Next target: Greater Los Angeles.

Give now at http://www.opencarry.org/goldenstate.htmlto make this a reality.

Post imported post

Simple quick and to the point, I like it!

Post imported post

My donation is coming soon! Do you guys need more active help in this campaign? I would be more than willing to give some of my time and effort to help with this radio campaign. Need help writing the ads, voice over, calling radio stations?? Let me know. I'd love to help any way I can.

Post imported post

Papa Razzi wrote:
    My donation is coming soon! Do you guys need more active help in this campaign? I would be more than willing to give some of my time and effort to help with this radio campaign. Need help writing the ads, voice over, calling radio stations?? Let me know. I'd love to help any way I can.
    At this point, we just need more money - a lot more so we can hit all the major areas where Senators need to hear form constituents.

URGENT UPDATE - July 6, 2010: The fight against AB 1934 is heating up!

As you may know, California Assemblywoman Saldana's open carry ban AB 1934 has passed the Senate Public Safety Committee. Traditionally, the next step a bill would take is to be heard by the Senate Appropriations Committee which in this case would happen on Monday July 12th.

However, AB 1934 has been recommended to bypass the Appropriations Committee and proceed directly to the floor of the Senate for an up or down vote. This recommendation is based upon the fact that the bill is reported to have a fiscal impact of less than $50,000.

You and I both know this is incorrect because in a post McDonald environment, unloaded open carry (though far from perfect) is the only self-defense option available to millions of Californians who are not sufficiently politically connected to receive one of the arbitrarily issued concealed carry permits. Therefore, passage of AB 1934 would subject the taxpayers of California to hundreds of thousands of dollars in legal fees defending Second Amendment challenges.

And should AB 1934 make it past the Appropriations Committee, either via a bypass or by passage, a final floor vote is expected in early August.

This means that we have less than a month to ensure that Senators are aware of the fiscal, legal and public policy ramifications of voting for this misguided anti-civil-rights bill.

At OpenCarry.org, we have been trying to spread the word via radio ads. Listen to one of our ads at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgJmg1lVQ7M . To date, we have spent $2,480 on ads but have only raised $1,205 in donations. While Mike and I are glad to spend money out of our own pockets for these campaigns, we simply cannot afford to run the ads that are necessary to combat this bill without your support.

If you are able, please go to our donation page at http://www.opencarry.org/goldenstate.html and give as generously as you can! EVERY PENNY GIVEN GOES DIRECTLY TO THE RADIO ADS!

And even if you cannot support the effort financially, if you are a California voter, please contact your Senator and let them know that you expect them to vote against AB 1934!

Go to http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/yourleg.html and enter your zip code to find contact information for your Senator.

Carry On!

John Pierce
    OpenCarry.org

$1575.00- Really?

AB1934 is going to the Senate floor in about a month, and time is running short to make a measurable impact.

I think we can do better at passing the hat around than this. That's why I have sent my donation in and Ive been contemplating offering a special premium for California members making a benchmark donation.

Tell me what it is going to take to seperate you from your coin, before we are seperated from our handguns... Anyone?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast