• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

California open carry radio ad campaign fundraising link now live!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

UPDATE Monday, June 21: Via YOUTube is our 30 sec spot running today and tomorrow on 4 stations in Bakersfield/Kern County: KGFM/101.5; 1180 KERN; 1410 AM; ESPN 1230.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgJmg1lVQ7M

---

Operation Golden State Thunder Begins on Monday, June 14, 2010

Time is short - please give now what you can at http://www.opencarry.org/goldenstate.html

Let Our Voices Ring Out Like Thunder!

Time is short to save open carry rights in California - a setback in California will be viewed by the Brady Bunch and other anti-gun rights extremists as a strategic victory against our second Amendment rights with nation-wide repercussions.

Though the California Assembly has passed Assemblywoman Lori Saldana's AB 1934 to criminalize honorable open carry, the vote in the Senate is not assured for her - and our job is to make it assured victory for us!

Please donate what you can IMMEDIATELY so we can run pro-open carry radio ads in critical Senatorial "swing-districts" from San Diego to Los Angeles to San Jose to Redding - with your help, pro-gun voters in those districts will be alerted by our radio campaign to ensure their Senator votes correctly - that is, pro-gun.

Anyone donating $100 or more will have their OCDO member status updated to "Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter."

Whether you live in California or not, now would be the time to step up to the plate and take a swing for FREEDOM!

Let's quickly raise enough money to pound the California metro radio markets and cause coffee spills by anti-gun commuters from the 405 to the Golden Gate Bridge.

Carry on!

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

And our very first Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter is ... BigToe416!!!

Thank you sir!!!!

John

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

jpierce wrote:

Thank you sir!!!!

John
hey john - is the donation link limirted to $100 contributions? also, how can folks copy the widget to their web site or blog? It seem to allow that but what does one actually do??

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

Mike,

No ... those wishing to do so may make donations from $1 all the way up to our goal of $10,000!

To add the widget to their site or blog, a user need only click the link on the widget that says Add to Site, fill in the details of their site and click Create Widget. It will give them code to add to their site and voila! ... Instant supporter! :)

John

Mike wrote:
jpierce wrote:

Thank you sir!!!!

John
hey john - is the donation link limirted to $100 contributions? also, how can folks copy the widget to their web site or blog? It seem to allow that but what does one actually do??

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

jpierce wrote:
No ... those wishing to do so may make donations from $1 all the way up to our goal of $10,000!
OK, I will try to make that $10,000 donation again then when my wife is not looking - but I could not see how to do it - the menu only goes up to $100.

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Finally, after all these years, I'm no longer a regular member. I'd like to thank the academy...

Step up Californians and donate!

bad_ace

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

bigtoe416 wrote:
Step up Californians and donate!

Since I'm being called out :) I also donated.

If you've found value in this site or the Open Carry Movement you'll do the same.

If you don't have the time to get out there and change hearts & minds, stop bad laws, and educate the public on responsible gun ownership, please provide resources to those that have made time by donating today.

~ bad_ace

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

I can't thank you all enough!

It never ceases to amaze me how great the people in the gun rights community are! :D

Gundude

imported post

Streetbikerr6 wrote:

Can someone give me a run down on this, it has been awhile since my California Government class..

It looks like is has not been passed by the senate or the Assembly yet, correct? Once both pass then we wait for Arnold to pass it. So currently we can still open carry correct?

http://info.sen.ca.gov/pub/09-10/bill/asm/ab_1901-1950/ab_1934_bill_20100610_history.html
Correctamundo. It's now law yet. If it ever becomes law, it will be after McDonald vs. Chicago is settled.

Tack

imported post

Streetbikerr6 wrote:

Can someone give me a run down on this, it has been awhile since my California Government class..

It looks like is has not been passed by the senate or the Assembly yet, correct? Once both pass then we wait for Arnold to pass it. So currently we can still open carry correct?

http://info.sen.ca.gov/pub/09-10/bill/asm/ab_1901-1950/ab_1934_bill_20100610_history.html
I think 1934 WAS passed by the assembly, but has not been considered by the senate.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Tack wrote:
I think 1934 WAS passed by the assembly, but has not been considered by the senate.
Right, but Saldana knows she is in for a hard time in the Senate and some amendments are floating to make the bill just a little less onerous so it can pass - our job is to KILL the bill in the Senate - email your Senator today and follow up with a phone call and maybe a visit.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

chrisfromcali wrote:
$100 donated. Also added widget to my website :)
Thanks - we have ads planned for Kern County and Bakersfield Monday and Tuesday - but we need a lot more money to run ads in all the swimg dem senate districvts - let's post that widget far and wide - will post an audio link to the spot as soon as I get in Monday

Tack

imported post

Mike wrote:
Tack wrote:
Right, but Saldana knows she is in for a hard time in the Senate and some amendments are floating to make the bill just a little less onerous so it can pass - our job is to KILL the bill in the Senate - email your Senator today and follow up with a phone call and maybe a visit.
Our local senator is already on board. I sent six hand written letters to the members of the Senate committee reviewing the bill. My wife wrote three more of them.