• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

California open carry radio ad campaign fundraising link now live!

Papa Razzi

imported post

My donation is coming soon! Do you guys need more active help in this campaign? I would be more than willing to give some of my time and effort to help with this radio campaign. Need help writing the ads, voice over, calling radio stations?? Let me know. I'd love to help any way I can.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Papa Razzi wrote:
My donation is coming soon! Do you guys need more active help in this campaign? I would be more than willing to give some of my time and effort to help with this radio campaign. Need help writing the ads, voice over, calling radio stations?? Let me know. I'd love to help any way I can.
At this point, we just need more money - a lot more so we can hit all the major areas where Senators need to hear form constituents.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
URGENT UPDATE - July 6, 2010: The fight against AB 1934 is heating up!

As you may know, California Assemblywoman Saldana's open carry ban AB 1934 has passed the Senate Public Safety Committee. Traditionally, the next step a bill would take is to be heard by the Senate Appropriations Committee which in this case would happen on Monday July 12th.

However, AB 1934 has been recommended to bypass the Appropriations Committee and proceed directly to the floor of the Senate for an up or down vote. This recommendation is based upon the fact that the bill is reported to have a fiscal impact of less than $50,000.

You and I both know this is incorrect because in a post McDonald environment, unloaded open carry (though far from perfect) is the only self-defense option available to millions of Californians who are not sufficiently politically connected to receive one of the arbitrarily issued concealed carry permits. Therefore, passage of AB 1934 would subject the taxpayers of California to hundreds of thousands of dollars in legal fees defending Second Amendment challenges.

And should AB 1934 make it past the Appropriations Committee, either via a bypass or by passage, a final floor vote is expected in early August.

This means that we have less than a month to ensure that Senators are aware of the fiscal, legal and public policy ramifications of voting for this misguided anti-civil-rights bill.

At OpenCarry.org, we have been trying to spread the word via radio ads. Listen to one of our ads at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgJmg1lVQ7M . To date, we have spent $2,480 on ads but have only raised $1,205 in donations. While Mike and I are glad to spend money out of our own pockets for these campaigns, we simply cannot afford to run the ads that are necessary to combat this bill without your support.

If you are able, please go to our donation page at http://www.opencarry.org/goldenstate.html and give as generously as you can! EVERY PENNY GIVEN GOES DIRECTLY TO THE RADIO ADS!

And even if you cannot support the effort financially, if you are a California voter, please contact your Senator and let them know that you expect them to vote against AB 1934!

Go to http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/yourleg.html and enter your zip code to find contact information for your Senator.

Carry On!

John Pierce
OpenCarry.org

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
$1575.00- Really?

AB1934 is going to the Senate floor in about a month, and time is running short to make a measurable impact.

I think we can do better at passing the hat around than this. That's why I have sent my donation in and Ive been contemplating offering a special premium for California members making a benchmark donation.

Tell me what it is going to take to seperate you from your coin, before we are seperated from our handguns... Anyone?

wewd

Money would be better spent on lawyers to file 2A legal injunctions against the law before it ever goes into effect than to campaign against its passage. Now that we have an actual RKBA in California there are many more avenues of attack available to us.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
Time to conribute!

Thanks to ConditionThree's $500 contribution ($300 of it to show up in the widget in the next few days) we are almost ready to run a another round of radio ads strategically targeted at Senators who could vote either way - please giove today at http://www.opencarry.org/goldenstate.html

And if you have not done so, California residents - take action to stop the Saldana bill at OpenCarry.org.