• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gresham PD...

tofubento

imported post

Do not seem to know that Oregon is an open carry state....I was told by a cop that if my gun was visible I would be arrested and be in a lot of trouble. :what:

: fixed LOLOLOL :

MK

imported post

tofubento wrote:
I was told by a copy that if my gun was visible I would be arrested and be in a lot of trouble.
I wouldn'tbe too concerned about it until you hear it from an original.

tofubento

imported post

LOLOL I fixed it. I need to proof read more often it appears. LOLOL:D

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

tofubento wrote:
Do not seem to know that Oregon is an open carry state....I was told by a cop that if my gun was visible I would be arrested and be in a lot of trouble. :what:

You probably asked for free legal advice and got what you paid for.

Never ask law enfrocement for legal opinions. Just carry if its legal and you want to.

We-the-People

imported post

Mike wrote:
tofubento wrote:

You probably asked for free legal advice and got what you paid for.

Never ask law enfrocement for legal opinions. Just carry if its legal and you want to.

Ditto's on Mikes comment.

You never ask a cop about the law.

You ask a lawyer about the law......a lawyer YOU are PAYING.

FREEDOM_FOREVER

imported post

You are right.

Gresham PD has difficulty understanding the state laws regarding carrying of a firearm. I can personally attest to it, as I have been a victim of their ignorance. :banghead:

Never the less Opencarry is legal. Please remember when confronted by a cop while OCing (or any time for that matter)you have the right to remain silent, and the right to talk to an attorney.

+1 to Mike's comment.