Thread: AMSE Oak Ridge

Post imported post

Not an open carry question, but I may be heading there this coming weekend and was wondering about concealed carry at the museum? posted? I do have a valid KY CDWL. Briefly perusing their website didn't turn up anything.

Post imported post

Sorry, don't understand AMSE?
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

Post imported post

Looks like a federal building to me...

The AMSE is owned by the US Department of Energy and managed under Oak Ridge National Laboratory by UT-Battelle, LLC through a subcontract with Enterprise Advisory Services, Inc. A major portion of AMSE funding is provided by UT-Battelle, LLC in partnership with B&W Y-12 and Bechtel Jacobs Company, LLC.

http://www.amse.org/content.aspx?art...&parent=33

Post imported post

If it is a federal building or a federal installation, I would say the answer is no to any type of carry.
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

Post imported post

That would be correct. No carry of any type allowed at this facility. LEO's can't carry here either. Unless you are at a Federal Level and even at that you must have permission.

Post imported post

Thanks, that was what I needed to know. I haven't been there since elementary school, and I wasn't sure if the museum was federal or private.

Campaign Veteran

Resurrecting an Old Post RE ORNL Carry

This is an old post and my assumption is that the laws regarding carry at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) have not changed since it is a federal facility. However, I wanted to ask because of the proliferation of "parking lot storage exception" laws by many states. Is it legal to have a firearm stored in a vehicle while on ORNL property?

The following items are prohibited on the ORNL campus: firearms and other weapons, alcohol, explosives, dangerous instruments or materials likely to produce substantial injury to persons or damage to property, controlled substances including illegal drugs and associated paraphernalia, and any items prohibited by law.
    http://neutrons.ornl.gov/users/daily-living
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

nightmare, link is doa however, being good...

quote:
    The following items are prohibited on the ORNL campus: firearms and other weapons, alcohol, explosives, dangerous instruments or materials likely to produce substantial injury to persons or damage to property, controlled substances including illegal drugs and associated paraphernalia, and any items prohibited by law.
    unquote.

http://gsearch.ornl.gov/search?q=cac...ess=p&oe=UTF-8

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 04-08-2015 at 12:27 PM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    nightmare, link is doa ipse
    Your browser, not mine.

Campaign Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Thanks! I was able to access the link you provided above. I had been searching the site https://www.ornl.gov/ , but could find no firearms information at all. I'm not sure how an outsider would know about the "neutrons" site, but I'm glad you shared it.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Thanks! I was able to access the link you provided above. I had been searching the site https://www.ornl.gov/ , but could find no firearms information at all. I'm not sure how an outsider would know about the "neutrons" site, but I'm glad you shared it.
    They also use homer.ornl.gov, as in Homer Simpson LOL

How did you search their site, the local search function gave me links to both servers homer and neutron. So did an external site search.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 04-08-2015 at 01:07 PM.

Campaign Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    They also use homer.ornl.gov, as in Homer Simpson LOL

How did you search their site, the local search function gave me links to both servers homer and neutron. So did an external site search.
    I used the "Search the Site" box near the top right of the main www.ornl.gov page.