Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Armada Fair!!!!!!!!!

Post imported post

just wanted everyone to know that the armada fair in armada township MI is coming up its the 26th through the 22nd i believe but i'll get the dates down for certain in another post, i think it will be a great way for us OC people to show the colors so to speak, thousands of people come to this fair every year, there are tractor pulls and crash car derbys! plus since this is a "country" fair you'll have all kinds of neat animals to see and the food is out of this world! i try to attend every year i can and took leave time from the army to take my daughter for her first time! there is usually pony rides and a petting zoo also definately a geat family event! i hope to get a great showing of open carry people lets set a date and have a meet up. i'll get definate times and dates out soon!

shaun:celebrate
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Declaration of Independence July 4, 1776

Michigan Concealed Pistol Instructor. Cost 80.00 With advanced techniques included free. PM for more information!

Post imported post

Who runs this fair? You may find that they do not allow firearms due to lease agreements with private promoters.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar

Post imported post

i'm in
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

Post imported post

i didn't think of that, how would i go about looking that up?
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Declaration of Independence July 4, 1776

Michigan Concealed Pistol Instructor. Cost 80.00 With advanced techniques included free. PM for more information!

Post imported post

I called and talked with the fair board president. I also got my hands on a copy of the agreement. It is legal although it stinks that that they would make public property a PFZ in this way.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

so can we OC or not, if not then i won't bother anymore. sad but true

Post imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
    I called and talked with the fair board president. I also got my hands on a copy of the agreement. It is legal although it stinks that that they would make public property a PFZ in this way.
    how does a lease agreement make public property into private?

Post imported post

NHCGRPR45 wrote:
    so can we OC or not, if not then i won't bother anymore. sad but true
    NOTE I checked on my fair over on the west side of the state.. You will need to do the same for your fair.

Post imported post

smellslikemichigan wrote:
    autosurgeon wrote:
    how does a lease agreement make public property into private?
    It allows the lease holder to make the rules... it doesn't change the public property per-say.

Post imported post

hmmm, then how is it not covered by preemption? (i'm not a lawyer, that's why i'm asking)

Post imported post

BC once a lease agreement is signed the person holding the lease can use private property rights to make rules.

If they only leased the grandstands or the midway area they would only be able to make rules in those areas... but in my case they have leased the entire fairgrounds.

Many fairs do this.

Post imported post

well that's that then.

Post imported post

Please NOTE when I posted the following...

"I called and talked with the fair board president. I also got my hands on a copy of the agreement. It is legal although it stinks that that they would make public property a PFZ in this way."

I am referring to the Van Buren County Fair.

I was asking the gentelman who posted about the Armada Fair if he had looked into this and he asked where to start.

I was telling him how I went about it not that I had looked into the Armada Fair!

Just clarifying!

Post imported post

thank you for the help, i'll try contacting the fair people, hopefully they wont have such a silly view about such things. thank you again! Shaun

Post imported post

fyi....the Genesee County Fairgrounds are a county park. Genesee county has stated that they are ok with oc in their parks. Not sure all the specifics of whether the grandstands are leased to a private entity or not during their fair.

the Eastern michigan fairgrounds in imlay city are not owned/run by a local unit of government. The fair board is not a government entity therefore the property is private and they can make their own rules. Not sure their rules on oc.

I think a fair board is one of the more common methods of running a fair.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (who will watch the watchmen?)

I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of posts should be construed as legal advice.

Post imported post

hello lapeer20m, i go camping and hiking at the metamora state park and i scuba dive there also how far are you from there? maybe we could meet up?

Gonna unbury this necro thread to make a comment. I'm heading there this evening hopefully, with the wife and family. I called the fair board to see if firearms were allowed and after talking to three people the consensus appears "YES, it's your right". So we will see what happens.

The comment was made you may not be allowed to CC in the beer tent, to which I replied "I would have to OC to go into the beer tent anyways. Not that I really even drink. (not sure if there is food or a band in there or whatnot)" She replied "I have no clue. I don't know of the firearm laws"
    "God created man, Sam Colt made them equal."

Armada Fair!!!!!!!!!

I didn't even own a gun when this thread was made. Yeeesh!
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

i had a gun before al gore invented the internet (or at least right around the same time)

Self edited just because... well... because..
    Last edited by Bikenut; 08-17-2012 at 12:56 PM.
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
    Crazy to reread the thread and how our way of thinking has changed in such a short time. I remember this thread from the first time around.

Really Q why would you need a gun? Can't you just snap your fingers and turn what threatens you into fluffy bunny? Or make a company or Infantry appear?

Just sayin..... Oh powerful one..

Just what did you do with all of that extra time back then?
    Last edited by DrTodd; 08-17-2012 at 10:57 PM.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Went to the fair this evening, all went well. I had ALOT of looks but no comments other then the usual "Are you a cop?"
    "God created man, Sam Colt made them equal."

Quote Originally Posted by Hevymetal View Post
    Went to the fair this evening, all went well. I had ALOT of looks but no comments other then the usual "Are you a cop?"
    Great to hear. I'm still trying to find a GREAT humorous response to that question.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast