• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Armada Fair!!!!!!!!!

NHCGRPR45

imported post

just wanted everyone to know that the armada fair in armada township MI is coming up its the 26th through the 22nd i believe but i'll get the dates down for certain in another post, i think it will be a great way for us OC people to show the colors so to speak, thousands of people come to this fair every year, there are tractor pulls and crash car derbys! plus since this is a "country" fair you'll have all kinds of neat animals to see and the food is out of this world! i try to attend every year i can and took leave time from the army to take my daughter for her first time! there is usually pony rides and a petting zoo also definately a geat family event! i hope to get a great showing of open carry people lets set a date and have a meet up. i'll get definate times and dates out soon!

shaun:celebrate

autosurgeon

imported post

I called and talked with the fair board president. I also got my hands on a copy of the agreement. It is legal although it stinks that that they would make public property a PFZ in this way.

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
I called and talked with the fair board president. I also got my hands on a copy of the agreement. It is legal although it stinks that that they would make public property a PFZ in this way.
how does a lease agreement make public property into private?

autosurgeon

imported post

smellslikemichigan wrote:
autosurgeon wrote:
how does a lease agreement make public property into private?
It allows the lease holder to make the rules... it doesn't change the public property per-say.

autosurgeon

imported post

BC once a lease agreement is signed the person holding the lease can use private property rights to make rules.

If they only leased the grandstands or the midway area they would only be able to make rules in those areas... but in my case they have leased the entire fairgrounds.

Many fairs do this.

autosurgeon

imported post

Please NOTE when I posted the following...

"I called and talked with the fair board president. I also got my hands on a copy of the agreement. It is legal although it stinks that that they would make public property a PFZ in this way."

I am referring to the Van Buren County Fair.

I was asking the gentelman who posted about the Armada Fair if he had looked into this and he asked where to start.

I was telling him how I went about it not that I had looked into the Armada Fair!

Just clarifying!

NHCGRPR45

imported post

thank you for the help, i'll try contacting the fair people, hopefully they wont have such a silly view about such things. thank you again! Shaun

lapeer20m

imported post

fyi....the Genesee County Fairgrounds are a county park. Genesee county has stated that they are ok with oc in their parks. Not sure all the specifics of whether the grandstands are leased to a private entity or not during their fair.

the Eastern michigan fairgrounds in imlay city are not owned/run by a local unit of government. The fair board is not a government entity therefore the property is private and they can make their own rules. Not sure their rules on oc.

I think a fair board is one of the more common methods of running a fair.

NHCGRPR45

imported post

hello lapeer20m, i go camping and hiking at the metamora state park and i scuba dive there also how far are you from there? maybe we could meet up?

Hevymetal

Gonna unbury this necro thread to make a comment. I'm heading there this evening hopefully, with the wife and family. I called the fair board to see if firearms were allowed and after talking to three people the consensus appears "YES, it's your right". So we will see what happens.

The comment was made you may not be allowed to CC in the beer tent, to which I replied "I would have to OC to go into the beer tent anyways. Not that I really even drink. (not sure if there is food or a band in there or whatnot)" She replied "I have no clue. I don't know of the firearm laws"

B

Bikenut

Self edited just because... well... because..

Last edited by a moderator: