• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Im so pissed! Sandra Hutchens wins...

wewd

imported post

Voters always vote for incumbents unless they have a reason not to, and for the vast majority of OC residents, there wasn't a reason.

If you truly want more freedom, try New Hampshire. Determined to be the most free state in the union by the Mercatus Center. The lowest tax burden of any state (no income or sales tax), and one of the lowest in restrictions on personal freedoms. Loaded open carry state and CCWs are $10 and only require a background check. New Hampshire is also the home of the Free State Project, of which I am a participant. I'm making the move next spring.

F R E E S O U L .CA

imported post

CA is at war. Its just been played out so quietly that no one really thinks so. Its a war of ideas. The result will leave the people as slaves or free men. I understand why someone would want to leave but it doesn't help us. We need to fix this place.
Assault rifle ban because the people shouldn't have military style weapons...Only the government can have 30 rounds loaded into a clip. What? All the gun laws here are set up because the politicians are afraid of the people or they just want to get elected. We have to come together on this or we are finished. Difficult to obtain CCW's in LA and Orange county alone creates a huge area on a map where the people have had their 2A rights everything but extinguished. This is important because those people over time will forget that they wanted gun rights in the first place. TV will have shows for them, schools, and everyday life without a gun is fairly safe still, here in the US. However, it would only take one ugly situation to remind them ever so quickly, why its still safe here. Only one new Orleans confiscation policy to go down here in some extreme situation. They are ready and willing to confiscate your guns. Better wake up people. We are in big trouble in Cali. These politicians roll in unnoticed like fog and leave us naked when the leave. Nothing more than walmart managers who take orders from somewhere else. We have to keep free thinking and push the issue with sleepers to wake them up. we will never win if we dont wake the people. See how they react to the UOC. They are shaken from their dreamland. Nobody likes to be woken up-But, if your house is burning down- Im going to wake your a$$ up, and you may not like it until your outside, awake and understand the situation. Some people need to be shaken and others poked at but however you wake them up wake them up! If a majority doesn't put this fire out soon, the house will burn and fall on us all and we will be stuck.

Quartermaster

imported post

Rights trampled all the time, nearly every week or month some new bill is introduced to restrict our freedoms. This AB 1934 is a classic example. Why does Lori Saldana for no good reason want to clamp our rights? No Open Carryhas done any damage, no harm. The calling out of police could be construed as filing a false report on the person who for no real reason called the cops. Ms Saldana spend your time and our money and 5000 words bills on more worthwhile pursuits such as the issues so vital to CA like jobs, jobs, jobs, spending, costs,... you know, things Californians all need care about and are positive things. We don't need you trampling our rights right now. Get positive. Do good. Be nice.

Quartermaster

imported post

I too am oh so disappointed Bill Hunt lost and that Hutchens won, and by such a margin. I gues I am somewhat naive, but again, people do just see Incumbent on the ballot and vote for that candidate. We get what we vote for. Proposition 16 passed also, due no doubt to just the way it was worded. The electorate is truly ignaorant. I was too until lately. Lots of folks too just vote Democrat or Republican.

Bummer, no CCW for at least 4 more years unless several miracles happen.

SCOTUS issues its ruling on the Chicago McDonald case soon and I await that one as well. Even so, it takes only a few weeks to pass any legislation, but decades to get a ruling to throw it out, and then new legislation makes rulings sliced thin as onion skin.

Freedom? Still better here than most other nations. For now.

demnogis

imported post

I'm not as peeved about Hunt losing as I am about all of us OC residents losing. Hutchens clearly has no intent to protect her constituents (or subjects, as they may refer to us). Expect more deficit spending by the OC sheriff, more expansion, less enforcement and more "For the children!" with "Officer Safety!" on top.

nicki

imported post

Voters tend to start paying attention a few weeks before the election.

Right before the election. all this dirt came out on Bill Hunt and off course what happened in Hunt and Hunter were effectively fighting each other.

This diverted attention away from Hutchens, so when average voter goes to vote, they have no reason not to vote to maintain the current sheriff.

Needless to say, Hutchens wins.

Nicki

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

demnogis wrote:
I'm not as peeved about Hunt losing as I am about all of us OC residents losing. Hutchens clearly has no intent to protect her constituents (or subjects, as they may refer to us). Expect more deficit spending by the OC sheriff, more expansion, less enforcement and more "For the children!" with "Officer Safety!" on top.
Now, thatis an unusual arrangement of words.

Gundude

imported post

But more kids die in bathtubs than by guns, sobathtubsare hereby banned. My wife is gonna be really mad cuz she likes a bubble bath now and then. :cuss: