• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carrying on Michigan Military reservations

the500kid

imported post

It's my understanding that places like Selfridge, Grayling, Battle Creek, and Alpeana to name a few are all Michigan military instalations. As opposed to places like TACOM, or any onther Fedral instilation. Is/Would possesion/OC on said Michigan bases be allowed then? My quick search of course saysweapons or prohibited, but that doesn't nessicarly mean its legal as we all know.

lil_freak_66

Beerme

Banned
imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
just google camp grayling and hunting together

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camp_Grayling

"Camp Grayling is the main training facility for the Michigan National Guard and is ... Much of the land is accessible to the public for hunting"

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-30301_30505_31025-66206--,00.html

i tried to bring up the camp grayling website,where i originally seen the information,but the website seems to be down currently.''
I dont think you should be offering advice on where you cannot carry something.

MarineSgt

imported post

I know for a fact that Fort Custer in Battle Creek has a sign posted that says "No Personal Firearms" which I saw three weeks ago. I know they used to, and probably still do, have a military and public hunt during deer season. I'm sure at that time they allow personal firearms. I lived on Ft. Custer for awhile when I was on active duty with my Reserve unit. We all had our guns with us.

the500kid

imported post

I'm pretty certian Selfridge has it posted too. My other question even thought it probably only pertains to a handful of us. How does this property fall as far as ownership State or Federal. I would think if its state ownership said reservations would be preemted?

NHCGRPR45

imported post

i would say that CC or OC is not legal, i know for certain that Military personnell are prohibited from being armed while not in training on Army posts, all the bases that i have been posted are this way includeing Ft. Hood, and Ft. Benning its federal property. however the Bases commanding officer has final say on what is ok or not.

office888

imported post

Beerme wrote:

I don't think you should be offering opinions when you don't even contribute to the topic at hand.

the500kid wrote:
It's my understanding that places like Selfridge, Grayling, Battle Creek, and Alpeana to name a few are all Michigan military instalations.  As opposed to places like TACOM, or any onther Fedral instilation.  Is/Would possesion/OC on said Michigan bases be allowed then?  My quick search of course says weapons or prohibited, but that doesn't nessicarly mean its legal as we all know.

It's a private military installation.

I don't know the laws, but more than likely, they can probably make whatever regulations they want.

If it's on public game land like Tyler mentioned, then it might be different...

-Richard-

Beerme

Banned
imported post

office888 wrote:
Beerme wrote:

I don't think you should be offering opinions when you don't even contribute to the topic at hand.

the500kid wrote:
It's my understanding that places like Selfridge, Grayling, Battle Creek, and Alpeana to name a few are all Michigan military instalations. As opposed to places like TACOM, or any onther Fedral instilation. Is/Would possesion/OC on said Michigan bases be allowed then? My quick search of course saysweapons or prohibited, but that doesn't nessicarly mean its legal as we all know.

It's a private military installation.

I don't know the laws, but more than likely, they can probably make whatever regulations they want.

If it's on public game land like Tyler mentioned, then it might be different...

-Richard-

what part of my opinion was not about the topic on hand?
Carrying something where it should not be carried is very applicable to the topic on hand.
thanks for the input though i will give it minimal consideration

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

Beerme wrote:
lil_freak_66 wrote:
just google camp grayling and hunting together

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camp_Grayling

"Camp Grayling is the main training facility for the Michigan National Guard and is ... Much of the land is accessible to the public for hunting"

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-30301_30505_31025-66206--,00.html

i tried to bring up the camp grayling website,where i originally seen the information,but the website seems to be down currently.''
If you look closely, you'll see he wasn't offering advice, just trying to point out a website where more info might be found.