• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Washington resident with a few questions

devildoc5

imported post

yeah prolly before my time, I EAS'd in 07 after 5 yearsso I have been out for a while. I can tell you though that ABSOLUTELY nothing has changed on san mateo except for the R3egimental Aid station and the Regimental barracks, everything else is still the same. I was so excited when I got transferred to regiment, they had A/C and stoves in their barracks rooms (yes I did say ROOMS) No squad bays for them....

jeeper1

imported post

Gogodawgs wrote.
If one of your hands is incapacitated then having to rack the slide may not be the best way to carry. I believe that a CPL is the best way to deal with 'worst case' scenarios.
I agree.
Also you may be doing something with one hand that you can't not do even for a second, like me yesterday, operating my mobility scooter while a dog is chasing me.

centermass

imported post

I used to use leg holsters also in the navy, but I'd feel a little wierd wearing one, I am much more comfortable with a leather holster. I would have to agree with everyone CPL takes 20 minutes to get and depending where you go get it in the mail in 2 weeks. Also the first question is about resources. The pamphlets here on the site are great, but if you want to do your own reading go here http://www.leg.wa.gov/LawsAndAgencyRules/Pages/default.aspx

rcw web site for wa, I get bored at work alot, reading rcw you find some interesting things....its illegal to carry pepper spray (concealed) how many women carry it in their purse?.......and nunchukas and throwing stars...darn always wanted have those stars for an emergency....guess .40 will do

END_THE_FED

imported post

centermass wrote:
I used to use leg holsters also in the navy, but I'd feel a little wierd wearing one, I am much more comfortable with a leather holster. I would have to agree with everyone CPL takes 20 minutes to get and depending where you go get it in the mail in 2 weeks. Also the first question is about resources. The pamphlets here on the site are great, but if you want to do your own reading go here http://www.leg.wa.gov/LawsAndAgencyRules/Pages/default.aspx

rcw web site for wa, I get bored at work alot, reading rcw you find some interesting things....its illegal to carry pepper spray (concealed) how many women carry it in their purse?.......and nunchukas and throwing stars...darn always wanted have those stars for an emergency....guess .40 will do
What RCW says that?

Aaron1124

imported post

Pepper spray is preempted. There are no laws prohibiting the carry (open or concealed) of any type of defensive spray.

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.91.160

RCW 9.91.160(1) It is unlawful for a person under eighteen years old, unless the person is at least fourteen years old and has the permission of a parent or guardian to do so, to purchase or possess a personal protection spray device. A violation of this subsection is a misdemeanor.

(2) No town, city, county, special purpose district, quasi-municipal corporation or other unit of government may prohibit a person eighteen years old or older, or a person fourteen years old or older who has the permission of a parent or guardian to do so, from purchasing or possessing a personal protection spray device or from using such a device in a manner consistent with the authorized use of force under RCW 9A.16.020. No town, city, county, special purpose district, quasi-municipal corporation, or other unit of government may prohibit a person eighteen years old or older from delivering a personal protection spray device to a person authorized to possess such a device.

(3) For purposes of this section:

(a) "Personal protection spray device" means a commercially available dispensing device designed and intended for use in self-defense and containing a nonlethal sternutator or lacrimator agent, including but not limited to:

(i) Tear gas, the active ingredient of which is either chloracetophenone (CN) or O-chlorobenzylidene malonotrile (CS); or

(ii) Other agent commonly known as mace, pepper mace, or pepper gas.

(b) "Delivering" means actual, constructive, or attempted transferring from one person to another.

(4) Nothing in this section authorizes the delivery, purchase, possession, or use of any device or chemical agent that is otherwise prohibited by state law.

The following link is the RCW that goes over "Use of Force - when lawful"

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9A.16.020