Thread: Visiting Family In CT This Week

Post imported post

Just got in a couple hours ago. It's a long drive from SC to CT, especially with a baby, but we had to do it since my sister's getting married. Anyways, my BIL wants to go shooting and I don't know where to take him, so I thought I'd ask around here.

I have a CT non-res carry permit. He's a federal LEO. We're in Newtown tonight, and heading to New Haven tomorrow through Saturday. Any suggestions for a good indoor range?

Post imported post

Hef wrote:
    Just got in a couple hours ago. It's a long drive from SC to CT, especially with a baby, but we had to do it since my sister's getting married. Anyways, my BIL wants to go shooting and I don't know where to take him, so I thought I'd ask around here.

I have a CT non-res carry permit. He's a federal LEO. We're in Newtown tonight, and heading to New Haven tomorrow through Saturday. Any suggestions for a good indoor range?
    I have never gone wrong at Chris' Indoor Range. About 15 minutes away from New Haven.

While in New Haven, if you enjoy a good beer try these:

Prime 16
    Richter's

For a good meal (especially if your women are with you):

Downtown at the taft
    Connecticut Carry is dedicated to advancing and protecting the fundamental civil rights of the men and women of Connecticut to keep and bear arms for self defense of themselves and the state as guaranteed by the United States Constitution and the Constitution of Connecticut.

Join us and discuss the issues: http://ctcarry.com/Forum

Post imported post

Bridgeport Shooting Range

1918 Stratford Ave.
    Bridgeport, CT

btw...it's indoor

Post imported post

Wow, Prime 16 and the Taft look great! Nothing like asking the locals the best places to eat.drink.I live in CT, but there are so many great restaurants in the New Haven area. Thanks Rich B.
    My last trip to New Haven landed me at Pepe's. I know there are so many great places to eat in that area, it is hard to choose just one.
    I hit Captains Galley in West Haven a few weeks ago.It has been a favorite of mine for many years.

Hef:
    Indoor ranges for you when visiting CT, and from Newtown it is an easy ride down RT 25 to Fairfield County Range in Monroe.
    It is under new ownership/management once again, so I have no visited the place since the take over.

Post imported post

Thanks guys.

Family obligations ate up our time, so we didn't get to do any shooting. I appreciate the suggestions though. I OC'ed on Whalley Ave at Yale, past a few NHPD officers, eating outside at Au Bon Pain, and nobody said anything to me about it. Just got a couple funny looks here and there.

Post imported post

Hef wrote:
    Thanks guys.

Family obligations ate up our time, so we didn't get to do any shooting. I appreciate the suggestions though. I OC'ed on Whalley Ave at Yale, past a few NHPD officers, eating outside at Au Bon Pain, and nobody said anything to me about it. Just got a couple funny looks here and there.
    That has been my experience as well. Glad you had a good visit.
    Connecticut Carry is dedicated to advancing and protecting the fundamental civil rights of the men and women of Connecticut to keep and bear arms for self defense of themselves and the state as guaranteed by the United States Constitution and the Constitution of Connecticut.

Join us and discuss the issues: http://ctcarry.com/Forum