• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Visiting Family In CT This Week

Hef

imported post

Just got in a couple hours ago. It's a long drive from SC to CT, especially with a baby, but we had to do it since my sister's getting married. Anyways, my BIL wants to go shooting and I don't know where to take him, so I thought I'd ask around here.

I have a CT non-res carry permit. He's a federal LEO. We're in Newtown tonight, and heading to New Haven tomorrow through Saturday. Any suggestions for a good indoor range?

Rich B

imported post

Hef wrote:
Just got in a couple hours ago. It's a long drive from SC to CT, especially with a baby, but we had to do it since my sister's getting married. Anyways, my BIL wants to go shooting and I don't know where to take him, so I thought I'd ask around here.

I have a CT non-res carry permit. He's a federal LEO. We're in Newtown tonight, and heading to New Haven tomorrow through Saturday. Any suggestions for a good indoor range?

I have never gone wrong at Chris' Indoor Range. About 15 minutes away from New Haven.

While in New Haven, if you enjoy a good beer try these:

Prime 16
Richter's

For a good meal (especially if your women are with you):

Downtown at the taft

Anvil

imported post

Wow, Prime 16 and the Taft look great! Nothing like asking the locals the best places to eat.drink.I live in CT, but there are so many great restaurants in the New Haven area. Thanks Rich B.
My last trip to New Haven landed me at Pepe's. I know there are so many great places to eat in that area, it is hard to choose just one.
I hit Captains Galley in West Haven a few weeks ago.It has been a favorite of mine for many years.

Hef:
Indoor ranges for you when visiting CT, and from Newtown it is an easy ride down RT 25 to Fairfield County Range in Monroe.
It is under new ownership/management once again, so I have no visited the place since the take over.

Hef

imported post

Thanks guys.

Family obligations ate up our time, so we didn't get to do any shooting. I appreciate the suggestions though. I OC'ed on Whalley Ave at Yale, past a few NHPD officers, eating outside at Au Bon Pain, and nobody said anything to me about it. Just got a couple funny looks here and there.

Rich B

imported post

Hef wrote:
Thanks guys.

Family obligations ate up our time, so we didn't get to do any shooting. I appreciate the suggestions though. I OC'ed on Whalley Ave at Yale, past a few NHPD officers, eating outside at Au Bon Pain, and nobody said anything to me about it. Just got a couple funny looks here and there.

That has been my experience as well. Glad you had a good visit.