• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCer robbed at gun point ... did OC make him a target?

oohrahboy

imported post

i personally recamend that everyone go to front sight. they in my opinion offer the best priced courses, and the instructors know what they are doing

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

Ok, here's my .02 worth. Either, the guy was walking around in condition white, not paying attention. Or, it's a BS story.

That's it, plain and simple. ;)

Michigander

imported post

If you aren't surrounded by a lot of seemingly law abiding people who would probably be willing to testify truthfully, and instead you're in a secluded area, or perhaps if you're in a racist and perhaps or perhaps not ghetto area and you aren't the right "race" for the opinions of many locals, you should have a comfort zone of 15 or maybe 20 feet where anyone even remotely questionable within that zone puts you on high alert. Either that or conceal, and preferably still do the comfort zone thing.

Again, I won't comment on what may have happened here. But I do think it's important to mention that as OCers, we have an obligation to put our lives in potentially added danger if someone tries to rob us for our gun or guns, because we need to do everything we can to stop such a thing. One of the worst things we could allow to happen is to turn over a gun to a killer. We have a responsibility to stop that, even if it means a greater risk of death to us, so that we don't by default end up putting anyone else at risk.