• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT: Layaway in Vancouver, WA?

Mech

imported post

Ok, kind of off topic (not OC related) but kinda not (still gun related...lol)

3 of my local gun stores do not have lay-away options, and since I'm unsure of my future income, I'd like to see if there are any that would do lay aways in/around Vancouver, WA. I don't mind if I have to venture into Oregon. Just wanted to know my options. Thanks so much!

kparker

imported post

If you're talking handguns, remember for any purchase in OR you'll have to add FFL transfer fees (and shipping, too, I suppose.)

Mech

imported post

OH yeah huh thanks for the reminder.

Alright, rephrase the question: any place in Vacouver or ABOVE? :p (presuming it's no more than a 45-min drive away)

spikedzombies

imported post

Topkick Pawn And Loan 13014 Pacific Avenue South, Tacoma, WA‎ - (253) 537-4747‎

they have unlimited layaway plans on all weapons. no tax on layaway and like $50 down on any weapon.

Be warned they are extremely overpriced but you do you unlimited layway time, no layaway fee's and such.

Its about an 1.5 hour drive and they have 200+ rifles in stock and maybe 50+ handguns.

Tomas

imported post

I recently ordered/purchased a pistol at Bullseye in Tacoma and they handled it as a layaway (I put half up for them to order it and was given a layaway receipt, then paid the rest when I picked it up after it came in).

Got what I bought at a decent price.

Mech

imported post

I actually started an IRA very recently and will definitely consider starting a savings account too. Just wanted to see what my options are.

And I didn't know there's a gun shop up in Battleground! I'm there quite often. I'll definitely look that up. Thanks for the tips!