• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

If you get pulled over in any state

erichonda30

Banned
imported post

can they see on their computer if you have a ccw

california for instance if i have a ccw

i know they dont honer it

just curious if they will know

1245A Defender

imported post

erichonda30 wrote:

since i doubt that YOU have ANY form of CPL,
and i doubt YOU have ANY type of GUN,
maybe it will tell the cop if you have any BUG SPRAY!
the way you ask questions, I doubt it will even tell the cop if you have a license to drive...

Hunterdave

imported post

1245A Defender wrote:
erichonda30 wrote:

the way you ask questions, I doubt it will even tell the cop if you have a license to drive...
+1000

erichonda30

Banned
imported post

1245A Defender wrote:
erichonda30 wrote:

29724_423897722937_679317937_5585410_1459567_n.jpg

taking the class in 2 weeks

Dreamer

imported post

May people will tell you that the different states don't have access to each other's DMV records or criminal background records, and this is partially true...

However, a consolidation and standardization of State DMV and CB database systems has been underway for almost a decade, and currently under the Department of Homeland Security (with help from DOJ-NLECTC) this program is slated for completion sometime in the next five years. By 2015, the DMV records and criminal background records of ALL the US States, (AND CANADA!!!) should be complete, with Mexico reaching complete compatibility and compliance sometime after 2020.

So if you have a carry permit, will a "third party state" have access to that information through a police cruiser data terminal? It depends on which states you're talking about.

For instance, if you have a VA permit and DL and you are stopped in MD or DC, that information is, in fact accessible to them. Your VA CHP info doesn't come up automatically, but when they run your VA DL, it will have a "criminal records" flag, that they can then click on to do a further check, which will then show you have a VA CHP...

But if you have a UT permit, and, say, a WV DL, and you get stopped in NC, it's not going to show for a number of reasons:

1) your UT permit is in no way tied to your WV DL,
2) NC State Police and SBI have not reached full standardization and compliance with the WHS specs yet, and probably won't even meet the 2015 deadline, and
3) WV and NC do not have a "data reciprocity agreement" and therefore it is highly unlikely that their systems are compatible.

DC, VA, and MD have had "data compatibility agreements" with regards to DMV and Criminal Background databases for nearly 2 decades. And their database formats were used as a model for the DHS's new National (actually, regional, because it will ultimately include Canada and Mexico) specifications.

But most states developed their DMV and CB database systems on their own, with little (if any) input from other states or the Feds. To get all these systems re-designed and the data converted over is a MONUMENTAL task, and will take DECADES. It is highly unlikely that all 50 states will meet the deadline, but many of the more "oppressive" states like CA, MD, and DC are on-track or even ahead of schedule...

So the answer to your question is "it depends".

It depends on:
1) which state issued your DL,
2) which state issued your concealed carry permit,
3) which state you got pulled over in.

I wrote a lengthy essay with links to official government reports and articles in various LE journals about these systems for another thread, several months ago. Part of the research I did for that post was calling an old business associate who now works as a top manager in DHS, who confirmed much of the info I'd gathered.

Look at this thread, and scroll down to the post I did that discusses the CANDLE and NLETC systems.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=35945&forum_id=4&highlight=database+dhs

It's actually some pretty creepy information when you really start to dig into the REAL capabilities of these systems--not just in the US, but in Canada and Mexico...

1245A Defender

imported post

we are on the interwebs!!!! pics are FREE!!
you wrote a thread about should you use the safety on your SIG in april,,,
you wrote a thread asking how to operate your FIRST gun, a new RUGER in may,,
you want me to believe now that you have a 1911, that you havent asked any inane questions about??

erichonda30

Banned
imported post

1245A Defender wrote:

we are on the interwebs!!!! pics are FREE!!
you wrote a thread about should you use the safety on your SIG in april,,,
you wrote a thread asking how to operate your FIRST gun, a new RUGER in may,,
you want me to believe now that you have a 1911, that you havent asked any inane questions about??

tab_selected_left.gif

spacer.gif

erichonda30

just joined late may

never asked anything about a ruger or sig nor do i have a sig or ruger

so i dont know which of your bottom holes you pulled that out of

steveinNEPA

imported post

we are on the interwebs!!!! pics are FREE!! you wrote a thread about should you use the safety on your SIG in april,,, you wrote a thread asking how to operate your FIRST gun, a new RUGER in may,, you want me to believe now that you have a 1911, that you havent asked any inane questions about??

Agreed, and since you asked questions like that but not about a cocked and locked 1911 being safe or something of the like.... Me thinks we need some troll spray. (granted I have a low post count on this site, but I also belong to 3 other sites and dont always have time to get around to EVERY site and read/reply)

erichonda30

Banned
imported post

steveinNEPA wrote:
we are on the interwebs!!!! pics are FREE!! you wrote a thread about should you use the safety on your SIG in april,,, you wrote a thread asking how to operate your FIRST gun, a new RUGER in may,, you want me to believe now that you have a 1911, that you havent asked any inane questions about??

Agreed, and since you asked questions like that but not about a cocked and locked 1911 being safe or something of the like.... Me thinks we need some troll spray. (granted I have a low post count on this site, but I also belong to 3 other sites and dont always have time to get around to EVERY site and read/reply)
come on topahrump then when your done looking at my armscor 1911 you can kiss my a$$

erichonda30

Banned
imported post

steveinNEPA wrote:
As far as you not asking about the sig or such things, refer to THIS post you made... WHAT THE HELL? Somehow I can not believe you are a gun owner or if you are, not really a RESPONSIBLE one... just calling it as I see it.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum5/45583-2.html

where did i say i had a sig or ruger?

it is my first gun that i have owned

never said i was any kind of expert either

1245A Defender

imported post

Hey ERIC!!!! SOOO SORRY!!!
i totally got you mixed up with a guy in washington state called Tony Santiago...
he is the one that did all the stuff i said you did,,, I was so wrong....
im old and read too many sub forums,,,, i get confused,,
didnt mean to be rude,,,, That time!!!
SOOO please forgive me...

i think i entered the tangent this afternoon when it occurred to me that your post style
reminds me of a poster that many of us thought should be banned.

"Wc"

Dreamer

imported post

OK ladies...

Unbunch your panties, and go back and read my last post and read the supplied links.

Let's get back on-topic...

Loneviking

imported post

I wondered about that too as I live in Carson City and go 'up the hill' to Tahoe and 'over the hill' into Calif. proper from time to time. Only been stopped once by the CHP up in the mountains on Hwy 88, late at night. Not a word was said about my CCP, nor any questions about weapons, so I don't know what was coming across the data terminal. Then again, a lot of the CHP's in Tahoe live in Nevada and know darn well what most of us have in the car!

Do the speed limit and stay away from checkpoints. You'll probably be just fine. Oh, and make sure the gun is unloaded with the gun locked away and the ammo not with it.

lonewolf2810

imported post

Better yet just stay out of California :celebrate
Just had to say it.

Not sure about any other states but in NC when they run your tag they can see if you have a CCW as it is in with your registration that is tied in with your D/L. Those of us that have a CCW in NC if you look the # on your CCW is your D/L #. They just know the owner of this vehicle has a CCW permit.