• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ruger LCR ... now in .357 Magnum

Ruger

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
imported post

I was contemplating selling my LCR (.38 +P) & buying the .357 version, then I decided against it. I would still probably end up spending at least $100 out-of-pocket, and I just can't justify the expense right now.

In the unfortunate event that I should have to use my LCR in defense, I am confident that my .38+P cartridges will do what I need them to ;)

me812

As an owner of a .357 snubby, myself, let me give you some advice: save yourself some money and get the .38 instead. If you get the .357, you'll probably wind up shooting and carrying +p .38s anyway.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Ouch!!

Who in the heck can shoot .357 magnum loads out of a 17 oz. gun?

Even the 28 oz (-ish) SP101 is unpleasantly snappy with 125 gr. hollow-point .357's.

Practicing is gonna hurt with the .357 LCR, I'm thinking. Enough that I would rather just take a baseball bat to the range and bash my hand. Cheaper, too, since I wouldn't be buying ammunition. :)

I'm gonna need some convincing about those Hogue Tamer grips. The recoil cylinder from a 155mm howitzer is probably more like it. :)