• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

my sons god mother attacked in broad daylight

scorpio_vette

imported post

so i got a call today from my best friend who is also my sons god father. he told me that his wife (my sons god mother) was at the speedway gas station on packard ave and sommers (near layton ave) to get a drink and, long story short ended up being attacked by 2 black guys.

according to her and witnesses, one of them forced his way into the passenger side of her car at which point she proceeded to beat him in the face with a full can of an energy drink, and then when the second guy approached she confronted him outside the vehicle. at this point he "supposedly" (according to witnesses) made a move as if he were going to draw a weapon from his waistband, but she managed to introduce his face to her knee several times before he could do anything else.

both men ended up fleeing the scene while several witnesses called 911. then the police got another call from a person down the block who reported 2 black people hiding in the bushes near their residence and bleeding.

she doesn't believe in open carry, but they have no problem with me open carrying. at least lucky for her, her self defense/martial arts training has paid off.

i haven't gotten to talk to them in detail as i have been very busy with a new job, but hoping to stop there tomorrow and make sure she's ok.

scorpio_vette

imported post

PS: I suppose i should clarify the time frame since i'm posting this at 4am.

the attacked happened wednesday sometime in the early afternoon.

M

McX

imported post

glad to hear the situation didn't escalate. the criminal element is truly 'empowered' it seems this year. they're branching out into new bold venues. venues the law abiding would never think of. let's review the recents;

attacking women in a car in broad daylight

robbing an open carrier of his gun

attacking an open carrier while (the criminals are) unarmed, and forcing him to shoot in self defense.

yep, this promices to be one hell of, and one memorable year.

logan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Well it sucks that she was attacked, but I'm sure glad she beat them to the point that they had to run away!

Good for her!

professor gun

imported post

An example of empty hand technique working as it should and that mindset is probably the most important self defense tool to have. One should also have a pistol handy as empty hand will not replace a handgun when you need it.

As we know all women are weak, submissive and easy targets. Not!

Kudos to this woman for doing some serious butt kicking when needed.

B

bhancock

imported post

McX wrote:
glad to hear the situation didn't escalate. the criminal element is truly 'empowered' it seems this year. they're branching out into new bold venues. venues the law abiding would never think of. let's review the recents;

attacking women in a car in broad daylight

robbing an open carrier of his gun

attacking an open carrier while (the criminals are) unarmed, and forcing him to shoot in self defense.

yep, this promices to be one hell of, and one memorable year.
4 nights ago an intruder entered the window of the house where one of my adult foster daughters now lives. Thinking he was going to do whatever he wanted to this 115 lb young lady, he was a little surprised to find out that she lives in her bio dad's home and that he had just stepped into this man's bedroom. When over 6 foot tall 275 lb dad gets up out of bad, said intruder leaves via the window a little quicker than he entered. Now dad's girlfriend thinks they should maybe have a gun, but she is still a little scared because of a former abusive relationship. I told her the gun isn't to be feared, it can only act as a tool of the person behind, be it good or bad. Either as a criminal or as a lawful person with self defense being one of the lawful reasons to use a gun. This all happened in the middle of nowhere, about as far from the county seat as you can go. Typical response from LE is 30-45 minutes. Somewhere around 40 minutes that particular night. So when seconds count, the police are almost an hour away. In this situation they were able to ID the guy. Casual friend of her boyfriend, but of course he was long gone by the time LE arrived, so the 'search' is on.

OCglock1988

imported post

There are some crazy rockheads around layton for sure, always lock every door except your driver door when fueling in the ghetto warzone that is Milwaukee county.

revolverrandy

imported post

Sorry to hear of the attack.Impressed and happy to hear she fended them off.I'd be proud of her defending herself like that.Also,a good reminder on why we should be allowed to carry firearms to protect ourselves.I would bet if she pulled a handgun out and they saw it,the confrontation would be over and they would be fleeing.

M

McX

imported post

i hear that wooop is now available by the single can, 6 pack, and the ever popular 40.:p

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

I am happy to hear she is ok, and came out victorious. this is one of the many examples why the firearm transport laws need to be abolished or changed so people can defend themselves with the use of a firearm while in or near their vehicle.

Now here is the crappy part of a situation like this, if she would have grabbed a tire-iron and rearranged his face, she would proably be charged with carrying a concealed weapon, aggravated battery, etc etc etc.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Dustiniac wrote:
I keep my ASP in the map pocket of my drivers door.

I keep mine between the drivers seat and the center console, right under my 3-cell Maglite.

As far as anyone is concerned, it is a "Tire-Thumper" because carrying something like that in a vehicle in WI can and will get you a concealed-carry-Weapon charge in this state.

So if asked what it is, say it is to check your tires, or better yet say nothing at all.

AaronS

imported post

Nutczak wrote:
Dustiniac wrote:
I keep my ASP in the map pocket of my drivers door.

I keep mine between the drivers seat and the center console, right under my 3-cell Maglite.

As far as anyone is concerned, it is a "Tire-Thumper" because carrying something like that in a vehicle in WI can and will get you a concealed-carry-Weapon charge in this state.

So if asked what it is, say it is to check your tires, or better yet say nothing at all.

I do the same with a Mag lite, but I just call it a flashlight. With people like Doug H. on this site, I would never dream of telling you that I have used it, and that it works well, but I bet it does.;)

Yep Doug, just add that to your records, you elected official you.:what: