• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

im 18, can i OC a handgun?

bigdodge25

imported post

Am i allowed to OC a hand gun? On the OC business card it said that anyone 18 or oldercan carry a handgun and im 18 but i emailed the state police and i cant even buy one until im 21? Whats the truth to this?

hotrod

imported post

bigdodge25 wrote:
Am i allowed to OC a hand gun? On the OC business card it said that anyone 18 or oldercan carry a handgun and im 18 but i emailed the state police and i cant even buy one until im 21? Whats the truth to this?
You can OC a handgun at 18 in Kentucky. You can not purchase a handgun until you are 21. Possess but not purchase.

langzaiguy

imported post

I think you can still even purchase a handgun in KY at 18, but are prohibited from doing so from a licensed dealer.

237.020 Right of Kentucky residents, out-of-state residents, and residents of other countries to buy firearms.
(1) Residents of the Commonwealth of Kentucky who are citizens of the United States shall have the right to purchase or otherwise acquire rifles, shotguns, handguns, and any other firearms which they are permitted to purchase or otherwise acquire under federal law and the Kentucky Revised Statutes from properly licensed dealers, manufacturers, importers, or collectors, and unlicensed individual persons in Kentucky or in any other state or nation outside of the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
(2) Residents of states other than the Commonwealth of Kentucky who are citizens of the United States shall have the right to purchase or otherwise acquire rifles, shotguns, handguns, and any other firearms which they are permitted to purchase or otherwise acquire under federal law and the Kentucky Revised Statutes from properly licensed dealers, manufacturers, importers, or collectors, and from unlicensed individual persons in the Commonwealth of Kentucky.

I certainly could be wrong. But really, who's going to know if you're purchasing or borrowing or what. Without gun registration, does it really matter how you got it? I suppose you always run the risk of buying stolen property if you buy it 2nd hand.