• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Help California fight proposed OC ban.

cabman1

imported post

((((((((((((((If all of us donate even $10 they can reach their goal of $10,000. )))))))))))

Not to sound rude but. Why dont we start a general fund @M.O.C,inc. or the members of the Michigan section of O.C.D.O. and donate to it so when someone here gets tied up in some legal issue we can help them. Not that I dont agree with what they are doing but lets take care of our own back yard before we start taking care of someone elses!!!

Just my 2 cents

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
This is a little different than setting up a defense fund for individuals. Not that a defense fund would not be nice.

I donated as an attack in CA would one day migrate here.
What he said. Better to fight the war outside your country than in. That old domino theory.

Michigander

imported post

I am ROOTING for this ban. California in general is out of compliance witht he bill of rights in many ways, and seems to want to make it worse all the time.

I want desperately for this ban to pass so that legalizedloaded carry may return to the PRK after a SCOTUS case.

I say let those treasonous bastard politicians over there pile on the final straws to break the camels back. I'll be here, cheering them on in their stupidity, waiting patiently to watch it all cave in.

autosurgeon

imported post

Michigander wrote:
I am ROOTING for this ban. California in general is out of compliance witht he bill of rights in many ways, and seems to want to make it worse all the time.

I want desperately for this ban to pass so that legalizedloaded carry may return to the PRK after a SCOTUS case.

I say let those treasonous bastard politicians over there pile on the final straws to break the camels back. I'll be here, cheering them on in their stupidity, waiting patiently to watch it all cave in.
I think you are rather confused...

Michigander

imported post

No, I'm not. The details are pretty clear.

The second amendment protects both owning and carrying weapons. California allows ownership, sort of, and almost completely prohibits defensive carry. It is out of line with the second amendment, and is in a mad dash to be in even less compliance.

We have a SCOTUS case being worked on right nowwhich is almost universally agreed will extend the second amendment to the states in the near future. After that happens, it will open up the flood gates to sue the state of California and otherson the basis of denying residents the second amendment.California's laws as they stand now present a damn good case for that. If they wish to simply butter it up more before they get sued, I think it's a fine idea.

autosurgeon

imported post

Michigander wrote:
No, I'm not. The details are pretty clear.

The second amendment protects both owning and carrying weapons. California allows ownership, sort of, and almost completely prohibits defensive carry. It is out of line with the second amendment, and is in a mad dash to be in even less compliance.

We have a SCOTUS case being worked on right nowwhich is almost universally agreed will extend the second amendment to the states in the near future. After that happens, it will open up the flood gates to sue the state of California and otherson the basis of denying residents the second amendment.California's laws as they stand now present a damn good case for that. If they wish to simply butter it up more before they get sued, I think it's a fine idea.
While I understand your position ... I think we are pinning far too much hope on the SCOTUS making a complete ruling on this... by that I mean incorporation.

I hope they do but I am not holding my breath either.

Beerme

Banned
imported post

Michigander wrote:

if it happens in cali it could happen here
but what do you care you get what you asked for

Michigander

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
While I understand your position ... I think we are pinning far too much hope on the SCOTUS making a complete ruling on this... by that I mean incorporation.

I hope they do but I am not holding my breath either.
Since the late 60's the default sensible option in urban California is to carry loaded and concealed. Not that I'm suggesting people break the law in that fashion, but I'm also not discouraging it, and many tens of thousands of people do this in California every day. I consider this laregely better than unloaded open carry from a practical defensive standpoint. Worst case scenario, it will remain this way indefinitely.

Beerme wrote:
California is such a colossally different place from here in so many ways that I don't even know where to begin about how inaccurate the idea that it could happen here is. So instead I'll simply suggest knowing what you are talking about before you suggest something, or at least trying to substantiate a claim when you say it.

eastmeyers

imported post

I'm not saying this to PO anyone, or to debate, I'm just stating my position (also I figured that it wouldn't matter because I'm not "bumping" the issue, because its already at the top). I agree with michigander. Kal-ee-4n-ee-a is a total(itarian) different country, what happens their does not happen everywhere.

God Bless

Evil Creamsicle

imported post

Michigander wrote:
Beerme wrote:
California is such a colossally different place from here in so many ways that I don't even know where to begin about how inaccurate the idea that it could happen here is. So instead I'll simply suggest knowing what you are talking about before you suggest something, or at least trying to substantiate a claim when you say it.
California is more along the lines of 'Amerikhastan'...