• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A good Norfolk PD encounter...

DocDaddy

imported post

Yesterday, (June 9th around 6:45pm) I was working around the house and got a call from my adopted daughter (daughter's best friend who now lives with us), she had taken myfiance's mountain bike up to K-Mart (on Tidewater and East Little Creek) to pick up a few small things.

She had locked thebike up and went inside. When she came out, it was gone, she called me and I told her to call the PD. By the time I got there (5min later), she was talking to the PD and she gave them a description of the two suspects who were of African Continent Descentthat she saw walking off with the bike behind K-Mart (she called me as I was driving to meet her and said she went to the side of K-Mart andsaw them heading back that direction and I told her not to follow) and the NPDtook off in that direction but did not find the suspects.

We met up with the NPD out in the parking lot when they came back empty handed. We all got out of the vehiclesand they took a report from my adopted daughter and myfiancee (she knew more info about the bike itself) and I stood in front of both of them keeping arms crossed/holding phone keeping an eye out and talking to them (they were on each side of car using hood to write report on) and I noticed they both looked down and my hip where my OC'ing XD was hanging out and neither one said anything.As we were closing up the discussion, one of the NPD said somethingto the effect of "if you see them, be care full, I see youhave the meanstoprotect yourself, but be care full".

It was a non-issue and a great interaction (crappy circumstances) with the NPD! I haveboth their names and I will send in a "Positive letter" to them and the NPD COP.

:celebrate

On a side note, they also mentioned an recent incident in which a pizza delivery guy had delivered a pizza and when he returned to his car, there were 2 thug-types sitting inside. He pulled his concealed "tool" and then the guys in the car pulled theirs and a small shoot out occurred. Anyone hear of this incident?

t33j

imported post

On a side note, they also mentioned an recent incident in which a pizza delivery guy had delivered a pizza and when he returned to his car, there were 2 thug-types sitting inside. He pulled his concealed "tool" and then the guys in the car pulled theirs and a small shoot out occurred. Anyone hear of this incident?
WTH where was this?

NovaCop

imported post

t33j wrote:
WTH where was this?
I know of an incident that occurred a few days ago in a NOVA jurisdiction (one next to mine) that didn't make the news... where a citizen stumbled upon a couple guys stealing his car and they both exchanged gunfire. Suspects ran off, and no one was hit. I didn't get all of the details, it was just mentioned to us by supervisors with a bolo for the suspects and to maintain safety when approaching suspects. Typical for NOVA areas to do their best to maintain the safe appearance of their areas by not leaking info out to the news. I don't know if news of that incident reached that far south to Richmond, but who knows.

virginiatuck

imported post

NovaCop10 wrote:
t33j wrote:
WTH where was this?
I know of an incident that occurred a few days ago in a NOVA jurisdiction (one next to mine) that didn't make the news... where a citizen stumbled upon a couple guys stealing his car and they both exchanged gunfire. Suspects ran off, and no one was hit. I didn't get all of the details, it was just mentioned to us by supervisors with a bolo for the suspects and to maintain safety when approaching suspects. Typical for NOVA areas to do their best to maintain the safe appearance of their areas by not leaking info out to the news. I don't know if news of that incident reached that far south to Richmond, but who knows.

Does Norfolk put daily crime reports on-line? Loudoun County does; the stuff doesn't make the news, but it's (almost) all there and open to the public (if you can read proprietary M$ Word documents). I think Fairfax County does, too.

Anyway, check the Norfolk PD web site for a link to daily, weekly, or monthly crime reports and you may find your answers t33j.