• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I've got that old "In Maryland I Can't Carry" Blues...

Dreamer

imported post

My pants they are not fitting right,
They're either too loose or to tight.
For you see, I can't carry, man.
'Cause I'm spending a week in Maryland.
I think I'll visit Virginia tonight...

;)

My holster is empty this week
The law here has got me quite piqued.
In 35 states, they do feel
I'm trustworthy, open or concealed!
But the folks Annapolis and Pikesville are freaks...

:banghead:

t33j

imported post

xD
I'm spending the Summer working in Maryland.. :cry:

I did get to play with a M4 and Beretta though...

Mr H

imported post

I feel for you... and I live here.

I may take the day off tomorrow, if for no reason other than to get some work done around the house, mow the lawn, and go pop a couple boxes though some paper.

At least we can do that much here.

Dreamer

imported post

Actually, since we own property up here (my wife is a "traveling nurse" and is working in MD on a long-term assignment), I can carry while on our property, so I don't feel TOTALLY adrift, but the minute I walk out of the house, I have to be sure my holster is empty.

And yes, I HAVE been walking around in Columbia MD and Howard County with an empty Serpa all week. No problems yet though--actually, not even a peep from the locals, which is sort of disappointing, because I was hoping for a few "educational opportunities"...

I'm going down to Fairfax VA tomorrow, to hit the NRA range with a friend (he's a Reservist Green Beret, and a MUCH better shot than I am), and to get my NRA range card upgraded from "non member" to "member".

You'd better believe I'll be OCing the whole time I'm in VA...

petrophase

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I feel for you. I was in Baltimore a few weeks ago visiting family. I felt like a sheared sheep.

It's cruel irony, since statistically I'd be much more likely to need my sidearm in Baltimore than in Rapid City.

Sig229

imported post

Damn Dreamer, Im in the same position as you. I wish I had known you and I were going to be in Maryland at the same time during this past week.

I have to admit though, I did CC when I was visiting my cousin in east Baltimore.

Its a rough area and I refuse to put my safety in jeopardy.

Dreamer

imported post

After a delightful week spent visiting my stepdaughters and granddaughter, I'm heading home to NC today.

You'd better believe that the FIRST exit I come to in VA, I will be stopping and sliding the Serpa/Para pack on my hip...

On an up note, we went to Walmart in Columbia MD today to get some lightbulbs, and they had CCI MiniMags in .22lr for $6.89/box. I was paying $9 at Gander mountain and happy to get them at that price. I bought 5 boxes, and told the saleman (when he asked) they were for a rifle (not a handgun...)

They had Winchester .45acp white box ball ammo too, but wanted $34/box of 50. I've got plenty of Remington FMJ, so I passed that up. But they had one or two boxes, and a BUNCH of Win White Box 9mm and .40S&W...

Generally I never buy handgun ammo in MD now though, because they want your ID info if you buy ammo for a handgun.

But I DO have a .22lr Rifle. and the ammo is called .22 LONG RIFLE, after all... ;)

Mr H

imported post

Even in Maryland, he had no requirement to ask why you were buying them, AFAIK. Now, if that's just a Howard Co thing, I'b interested to know it, so I can make sure not to buy there.

I buy a lot of my handgun ammo at Wally's as the prices are the best I can find.

Lately, I've also been seeing a lot of HD rounds there, and there's no question that they're for handguns.