Thread: carry in a vehicle.

Post imported post

I have a WA state CPL. MT recognises a WA state CPL. What are the protocols for carry in a vehicle?

Post imported post

Loaded, unloaded, encased, exposed, readily accessible, out of reach, open to view, hidden, disassembled, intact, cocked locked and ready-to-rock....it don't matter....as long as you have a valid/recognized permit/license.

:celebrate

Post imported post

Phssthpok wrote:
    Loaded, unloaded, encased, exposed, readily accessible, out of reach, open to view, hidden, disassembled, intact, cocked locked and ready-to-rock....it don't matter....as long as you have a valid/recognized permit/license.

WRONG.
    You do not need a permit to carry a firearm in your vehicle in the state of Montana!!

According to Mr. C. Mark Fowler, Assistant Attorney General for the state of Montana, there are no restrictions as to how you can/cannot carry a firearm in your vehicle. Open-Carry, Concealed-Carry, on your dash, on the seat, hanging from the rear-view mirror or anywhere else, including in a rack in the back window of your pick-up, there are no restrictions.
    You can even carry concealed INSIDE YOUR VEHICLE without a permit. The permit is only for concealed carry inside the city limits. You do not need it if you're carrying concealed in your vehicle because the state still views that as an extension of your own private property.
    In a crisis you don't rise to the occasion, but rather default to your level of training.

Forgiveness is between them and God. It's my job to arrange the meeting.
    -John W. Creasy (Man on Fire)

Post imported post

Thank you I will be taking my wife to Billings this weekend to get our new car.

Post imported post

40s-and-wfan wrote:
    Phssthpok wrote:

WRONG.
    You do not need a permit to carry a firearm in your vehicle in the state of Montana!!

According to Mr. C. Mark Fowler, Assistant Attorney General for the state of Montana, there are no restrictions as to how you can/cannot carry a firearm in your vehicle. Open-Carry, Concealed-Carry, on your dash, on the seat, hanging from the rear-view mirror or anywhere else, including in a rack in the back window of your pick-up, there are no restrictions.
    You can even carry concealed INSIDE YOUR VEHICLE without a permit. The permit is only for concealed carry inside the city limits. You do not need it if you're carrying concealed in your vehicle because the state still views that as an extension of your own private property.
    You are correct... I had briefly conflated Idaho's requirement for a permit to carry CONCEALED in the car (sans permit you are REQUIRED to have it visible in Idaho).

My bad.

TWG2A

Post imported post

I moved here from Washington on May 4th.

I LOVE MONTANA!

The only reason someone here looks twice when you carry a firearm is so they can see what you're carrying!

In Western Washington, you're viewed as some kind of freak or radical when you carry. Eastern Washington is a little better, but Montana is far more supportive of our Second Amendment.