• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I can't verify this... but!!!!

Sonora Rebel

imported post

'Wife tells me of of a fella in a downtown Tucson parking lot about the get in his car... when knife wielding bandito appears. "Don't say anyhing... just do whatI tell you.." sez Mr Knife. The intended victim retorts... 'No... I don't think so... 'n pulls handgun on Mr Knife... who drops knife and does whatever Mr Gun tells him. Mr Gun calls TPD who show up and haul Mr. Knife to the hoosegow. Mr Gun goes on his way...

crisisweasel

imported post

Wonder if there's a police blotter report somewhere about the incident.

You have to either have a really low IQ, not not be familiar with the area, to try anything with a knife here.

What always interests me at the range is the diversity. You expect to see the cowboys, the "tactical" crowd, and the bubbas, but you also see punks with spiky hair, people I take to be merchants/business owners, women shooting by themselves, and so on.

To assume you can pick a "submissive victim" out in Arizona, is a hell of a thing.

PavePusher

imported post

crisisweasel wrote:
Wonder if there's a police blotter report somewhere about the incident.

You have to either have a really low IQ, not not be familiar with the area, to try anything with a knife here.

What always interests me at the range is the diversity. You expect to see the cowboys, the "tactical" crowd, and the bubbas, but you also see punks with spiky hair, people I take to be merchants/business owners, women shooting by themselves, and so on.

To assume you can pick a "submissive victim" out in Arizona, is a hell of a thing.
Unless you target military people on their way to/from duty... probably disarmed by edict... 'cause that'll make us safer... or something. :cuss::banghead:

*1911_man*

imported post

Somehow doubt this happened given the lack of detail.
But i suppose thats why its title "CANT VERIFY THIS BUT"

GF

imported post

I wish this was documented or something, but I know for a fact that stuff like this happens all the time but the media justchooses theevents that make guns look bad (the majority of the time).

Sonora Rebel

imported post

No shots fired... BG held by (intended) victim 'til TPD arrived. BG gets locked up. No guns 'conficated' for evidence... Real simple bust. It happens more than we're told. Not 'newsworthy'.