Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: need help to clear this up

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    92

    Post imported post

    ok i know i have gone over this once but im gunna do a new thread soo i can get it all in one place . im 17 my mom wants to gift down a handgun to me . a gun dealer in new hampshire said she is responsable for that handgun until i am 21 of age but people here say 18 i can legally take ownership . my mom will only gift one down to me if i take possession and ownership of the handgun at 18 . for example if i get in trouble at 18 with that handgun does she get in trouble or just me? if it is gifted down . do i take full responsability of the hand gun at 18? can it go under my name at 18? i know you have to be 18 to purchase a handgun . im soo confused . i need the statute for possesion of a handgun . heres another situation if im 18 i can buy a handgun from a new hampshire resident? i know people have asnwered it before but please again soo i can have it in one spot . i know federal law says i can buy a handgun by a private resident at 18 but does new hampshire state law say i can? basicaly mom says she will buy me a hand gun now 2 months from my 18th b day if she is not legally responsable for it when i hit 18 . she doesint want to get arrested for it or in trouble in any way if i do something dumb or get arrested for gifting it down to me as a minor which i told her gifting down to her own kids is legal

    so im going to try to summeraize it

    i want a handgun to have in my home for protection until i am 18 and start open carrying at 18 and have my mom not be responsible at all when i turn 18 of that handgun . is there any where i can get legal advice for cheap or free? attorney generals office wont help at all .

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Claremont, New Hampshire, USA
    Posts
    88

    Post imported post

    john118242 wrote:
    ok i know i have gone over this once but im gunna do a new thread soo i can get it all in one place . im 17 my mom wants to gift down a handgun to me . a gun dealer in new hampshire said she is responsable for that handgun until i am 21 of age but people here say 18 i can legally take ownership . my mom will only gift one down to me if i take possession and ownership of the handgun at 18 . for example if i get in trouble at 18 with that handgun does she get in trouble or just me? if it is gifted down . do i take full responsability of the hand gun at 18? can it go under my name at 18? i know you have to be 18 to purchase a handgun . im soo confused . i need the statute for possesion of a handgun . heres another situation if im 18 i can buy a handgun from a new hampshire resident? i know people have asnwered it before but please again soo i can have it in one spot . i know federal law says i can buy a handgun by a private resident at 18 but does new hampshire state law say i can? basicaly mom says she will buy me a hand gun now 2 months from my 18th b day if she is not legally responsable for it when i hit 18 . she doesint want to get arrested for it or in trouble in any way if i do something dumb or get arrested for gifting it down to me as a minor which i told her gifting down to her own kids is legal

    so im going to try to summeraize it

    i want a handgun to have in my home for protection until i am 18 and start open carrying at 18 and have my mom not be responsible at all when i turn 18 of that handgun . is there any where i can get legal advice for cheap or free? attorney generals office wont help at all .
    First of all I'm so lost here so please help me to try and understand what in gods name your talking about. In one of your first posts here you state that your going to be getting a firearm from one of your parents. Then in another post you go on to say how you need all this information on how to buy a firearm because your parents will not buy you one and how your mom is so anti gun. You are now saying she is going to buy you one after all? All I have to say is what the hell is going on? You have told this forum so many different story's I can no longer make out what's the truth and what's a line of BS!

    This forum is a place to get information from other memebers who take time to help you with your problems. It's not a place to have people do all your leg work for you. If you have looked for information on your own and can not find it that's one thing but posting here because you do not feel like looking for it COME ON! Point in case your post asking what stores carry firearm books. Really you could not find any information while running a GOOGLE search?

    As I have said before the AG office will not help matters such as this or other laws, they will only read them back to you as they are written. Second the firearm will not be in your name because you do not have to regsiter your firearms in the state of NH. Third why would your mom be so worried about you doing something stupid with a firearm if your just using itfor home protection as well as for protection outside of the home? The odds of you having to use your firearm in self defenseareto raretoeven bother posting the numbers.

    So I have to ask why do you really want to carry a firearm? In your second or third post you go on to say what your going to carry " two-three knifes,a firearm a taser and police scanner and more". So again I feel the need to ask why do you feel the need to carry so many weapons?

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    92

    Post imported post

    NewHampshireNative2005 wrote:
    john118242 wrote:
    ok i know i have gone over this once but im gunna do a new thread soo i can get it all in one place . im 17 my mom wants to gift down a handgun to me . a gun dealer in new hampshire said she is responsable for that handgun until i am 21 of age but people here say 18 i can legally take ownership . my mom will only gift one down to me if i take possession and ownership of the handgun at 18 . for example if i get in trouble at 18 with that handgun does she get in trouble or just me? if it is gifted down . do i take full responsability of the hand gun at 18? can it go under my name at 18? i know you have to be 18 to purchase a handgun . im soo confused . i need the statute for possesion of a handgun . heres another situation if im 18 i can buy a handgun from a new hampshire resident? i know people have asnwered it before but please again soo i can have it in one spot . i know federal law says i can buy a handgun by a private resident at 18 but does new hampshire state law say i can? basicaly mom says she will buy me a hand gun now 2 months from my 18th b day if she is not legally responsable for it when i hit 18 . she doesint want to get arrested for it or in trouble in any way if i do something dumb or get arrested for gifting it down to me as a minor which i told her gifting down to her own kids is legal

    so im going to try to summeraize it

    i want a handgun to have in my home for protection until i am 18 and start open carrying at 18 and have my mom not be responsible at all when i turn 18 of that handgun . is there any where i can get legal advice for cheap or free? attorney generals office wont help at all .
    First of all I'm so lost here so please help me to try and understand what in gods name your talking about. In one of your first posts here you state that your going to be getting a firearm from one of your parents. Then in another post you go on to say how you need all this information on how to buy a firearm because your parents will not buy you one and how your mom is so anti gun. You are now saying she is going to buy you one after all? All I have to say is what the hell is going on? You have told this forum so many different story's I can no longer make out what's the truth and what's a line of BS!

    This forum is a place to get information from other memebers who take time to help you with your problems. It's not a place to have people do all your leg work for you. If you have looked for information on your own and can not find it that's one thing but posting here because you do not feel like looking for it COME ON! Point in case your post asking what stores carry firearm books. Really you could not find any information while running a GOOGLE search?

    As I have said before the AG office will not help matters such as this or other laws, they will only read them back to you as they are written. Second the firearm will not be in your name because you do not have to regsiter your firearms in the state of NH. Third why would your mom be so worried about you doing something stupid with a firearm if your just using itfor home protection as well as for protection outside of the home? The odds of you having to use your firearm in self defenseareto raretoeven bother posting the numbers.

    So I have to ask why do you really want to carry a firearm? In your second or third post you go on to say what your going to carry " two-three knifes,a firearm a taser and police scanner and more". So again I feel the need to ask why do you feel the need to carry so many weapons?
    sorry for the not so upfront explanation . at first mom was going to buy one for me then she changed her mind so i figured i had to wait til i was 18 and buy one from a private new Hampshire resident and then a big family issue came about where moms husband not my real dad went nuts and we had to get a restraining order and so i mentioned the gun thing again to her and she agreed and we went to a gun store today to check out what kinds and then the dealer talked her out of it some how saying that shes responsible for the gun til I'm 21 which scared her cause she doesn't want that responsibility til I'm 21 . the only way she will buy me a handgun is if i take full possession and ownership at 18 in 2 months but from what she understood of what the dealer said she is responsable til im 21 so ya its big and confusing and im sorry . basicaly i want a firearm for protection at home from my moms husband and to have protection when im 18 open carrying .

    all the other carrying stuff i mentioned was just to excercise the right to carry them i collect knives and always have one on me but it is not a big self defence weapon in my opinion a firearm is more effective . a taser for a nonlethal defence if needed and last line of defence a firearm . the police scanner is just for when i get bored .

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    92

    Post imported post

    o and another thing i for got to address is she doesn't understand alot of the laws of you dont have to register firearms so its not clear to her about that whole situation

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    92

    Post imported post

    i do research stuff on my own i have been for the past month and a half on this subject . i dont know what books to get or read so i wanted opinions . i found multiple sites and books just dont know which ones are good or outdated

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Claremont, New Hampshire, USA
    Posts
    88

    Post imported post

    The only book you need is this one http://www.amazon.com/New-Hampshire-.../dp/0615238572 it's written by a NH firearms attorney. Buy it and read it. Check out his web site http://www.efnappen.com/ This is right on his website.

    FREE CONSULTATIONS AVAILABLE

    CALL TOLL FREE

    1-888-4-GUN-LAW


    E.F. Nappen Attorney at Law, PC
    280 Pleasant Street, 1st Floor,
    Concord, NH 03301

    Office: (603) 223-0001
    Fax: (603) 223-0007

    Email: attorney@efnappen.com

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    215

    Post imported post

    Does your mom also live in New Hampshire?

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    92

    Post imported post

    doobie wrote:
    Does your mom also live in New Hampshire?
    yes?

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Claremont, New Hampshire, USA
    Posts
    88

    Post imported post

    You really want a firearm so badly I will sell your mom one for 125 today only. It was my wife's firearm but she no longer wants it and I want it gone so I can add more toys to the safe. It's a Bersa 380 thunder bi-tone with crimson trace laser grips and two mags. I will even give you two boxes of ammo for it. Come up to Claremont and get it. Taking it to the gun store later today so if you want it hurry up.

  10. #10
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    491

    Post imported post

    NewHampshireNative2005 wrote:
    You really want a firearm so badly I will sell your mom one for 125 today only. It was my wife's firearm but she no longer wants it and I want it gone so I can add more toys to the safe. It's a Bersa 380 thunder bi-tone with crimson trace laser grips and two mags. I will even give you two boxes of ammo for it. Come up to Claremont and get it. Taking it to the gun store later today so if you want it hurry up.
    That's a really good deal. If you were 1250 miles closer, I would jump on that. Good on you for helping the young man out.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Claremont, New Hampshire, USA
    Posts
    88

    Post imported post

    Shawn wrote:
    NewHampshireNative2005 wrote:
    You really want a firearm so badly I will sell your mom one for 125 today only. It was my wife's firearm but she no longer wants it and I want it gone so I can add more toys to the safe. It's a Bersa 380 thunder bi-tone with crimson trace laser grips and two mags. I will even give you two boxes of ammo for it. Come up to Claremont and get it. Taking it to the gun store later today so if you want it hurry up.
    That's a really good deal. If you were 1250 miles closer, I would jump on that. Good on you for helping the young man out.
    I will sell you a S&W M&P 9mm compact with TLR-3 tactical light and a Raven Concealment holster that will fit the M&P with tactical light mounted on it. Holster comes with OWB set up and everything needed to convert it into a IWB tactical light holster. Will even throw in two more holsters, Blade-tech IWB and a UBG custom leather holster with two boxes of gold dot hollow points. Two mags with finger extensions and the hard case the weapon comes in as well as all paper work for gun and TLR-3 and all rail keys so you can mount it on other weapons. All for 475 not counting FFL fees ( mags are 12 rounders and will not comply with low cap mag laws) PM if you want the deal I may even be willing to split the shipping and FFL fees.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    92

    Post imported post

    NewHampshireNative2005 wrote:
    You really want a firearm so badly I will sell your mom one for 125 today only. It was my wife's firearm but she no longer wants it and I want it gone so I can add more toys to the safe. It's a Bersa 380 thunder bi-tone with crimson trace laser grips and two mags. I will even give you two boxes of ammo for it. Come up to Claremont and get it. Taking it to the gun store later today so if you want it hurry up.
    you got a deal if u still got it . i dont check my messages or anything like that till night . im guessing u already got rid of it since its 11 at night . i'll take it if the offers still good . i was going to order a smith and wesson 40 cal sigma for 350 but what ever is cheapest and a good gun is good with me ?

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    92

    Post imported post

    for this whole situation i got a official person (a FLL person from NH)to answer my questions and going to explain to my mom tomorrow details and that will make it all good so my mom will buy a gun for me yay. taking some conceal carry classes in august and home protection course through Belmont range or Manchester . i ordered a few books . i have learned a lot

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Claremont, New Hampshire, USA
    Posts
    88

    Post imported post

    Sold it yesterday i do still have my old Concealed carry firearm that I will sell your mom for 475 it's tha package deal below in the post above I copyed and pasted it into the new post.

    "S&W M&P 9mm compact with TLR-3 tactical light and a Raven Concealment holster that will fit the M&P with tactical light mounted on it. Holster comes with OWB set up and everything needed to convert it into a IWB tactical light holster. Will even throw in two more holsters, Blade-tech IWB and a UBG custom leather holster with two boxes of gold dot hollow points. Two mags with finger extensions and the hard case the weapon comes in as well as all paper work for gun and TLR-3 and all rail keys so you can mount it on other weapons." I will even throw in a Blade-Tech doube mag pouch for that price and a cleaning kit. Doing some spring cleaning and want to make room for some new toys so old ones need to go. I even have a old gun safe you can have for another ten dollars so 485 that's for the two gun safes ones for ammo and the other one is for the gun. PM for photos of it all. You like then we can set up a meet in Claremont your mom comes up and pays for it after that It's up to her what she does with her firearm keep it or gift it to you. By law after I sell it privte sale i'm free and clear I just cant sell it to you becasue your not 18. Let me know sometime today if you want it. would like it gone today but I can hold it till late tomorrow for you PM and we shall talk.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •