• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

'Guy just got whacked...

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Nobody else was heeled in that joint?

By Van Nguyen - email
mailto:vnguyen@kold.com

Updated by Julie Steigerwald - email
mailto:jsteigerwald@kold.com

TUCSON, AZ (KOLD) - Tucson police are investigating at a homicide at a
restaurant near Tucson Mall.

It happened Thursday around 6:45 am at the Chick-fil-A on the 4500 block of
North Oracle Road. Tucson Police tell KOLD News 13 the man killed was
Thomas Piazza, a local mortgage broker and member of a Christian business
networking group that was meeting at the restaurant. The suspect was
seated at a nearby table, when he walked up to Piazza and shot him in the
head.

TPD says the suspect left on a bicycle on Auto Mall Drive. He's described
as a white man in his 40's or 50's, with a stocky build, and possibly
wearing a blue wind breaker and dark pants.

The area around Chick-fil-A is currently blocked off so police can conduct
their investigation. They are interviewing employees and other witnesses
and looking into whether the restaurant had surveillance video.

GF

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
The suspect was
seated at a nearby table, when he walked up to Piazza and shot him in the
head.
Wow, just like that huh? I tell you, people get crazier by the minute.

AZkopper

imported post

It was at a mall. Everyone was probably "respecting" the malls code of coduct, except for the killer, of course.

As I always say, private property 'no gun' signs are just "conceal carry only" signs.

Dahwg

imported post

AZkopper wrote:
It was at a mall. Everyone was probably "respecting" the malls code of coduct, except for the killer, of course.

As I always say, private property 'no gun' signs are just "conceal carry only" signs.

Nope. This was across the street from the mall. I've OC'd at that Chik-Fil-A numerous times. And it definitely sounds like a hit.

GF

imported post

It sure does sound like one. The article stated that it was not the first time that he was shot at......:question:

Sonora Rebel

imported post

GF wrote:
It sure does sound like one. The article stated that it was not the first time that he was shot at......:question:
... By a guy onna bicycle no less. Duhhhhhh:uhoh:

crisisweasel

imported post

AZkopper wrote:
I stand corrected. Yes, it does sound like a hit....by a bargin basement hit man on a bicycle. 

If I was a hitman in Tucson, I'd wear shorts, a fanny pack, a U of A Wildcats t-shirt, and flip flops. No one would notice me.

A little off topic but what exactly is with people here and flip flops? I remember wearing these as a small child at public pools to avoid athlete's foot.

Don't people get, like, cactus needles and the like stuck in their foot?

Still, as bad as they would be for a quick getaway, that outfit seems in vogue here to a disturbing degree.

GF

imported post

crisisweasel wrote:
If I was a hitman in Tucson, I'd wear shorts, a fanny pack, a U of A Wildcats t-shirt, and flip flops. No one would notice me.
Is there something that youwant to tell us.:uhoh:LOL JK.

We-the-People

imported post

AZkopper wrote:
I stand corrected. Yes, it does sound like a hit....by a bargin basement hit man on a bicycle.

Actually a bicycle is a great "getaway" vehicle. Cars are big, easy to spot, and very hard to hide. They are also expensive easily identified, and cant' go down sidewalks or through heavy pedestrian areas.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

There's been no 'noise' about this since the event. The victim was known to have scammed a lotta folks out of a lotta money. The thought has occured that perhaps TPD isn't all in that much of a hurry to catch the shooter. ;)

GWbiker

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
There's been no 'noise' about this since the event.  The victim was known to have scammed a lotta folks out of a lotta money.  The thought has occured that perhaps TPD isn't all in that much of a hurry to catch the shooter.  ;) 

Hmmm, it's often said:"Payback can be a bitch".:shock:

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Mortgage broker, bicycle, 40-50 ish, victim christian.....
Has anyone checked if John Edwards or Al Gore were in the area?

What were the others in the group doing while the 'patron' was drawing
the gun? Were they all sitting on the same side like a last supper portrait?

Can't think of any reason someone carries in a fast food place, nope not a one,
and still they are trying to ban drive thru.
Maybe they will catch him in Utah, firing squad should still be in the area.

PavePusher

imported post

>meso.40< wrote:
I was out with my gf today shooting, and i remembered this post. So i decided to try it!
We were using human analog targets, about 2 feet wide and maybe 3 feet tall, supposed to be like the upper torso and head of a person. She had her ruger LCR, and we used a purse she had, which she agreed to use as she had just gotten a new one.

So i had her put it in the pocket in her purse her lcr usually sits in, and told her to fire 5 shots at the target from about 10 feet away.
The way she was holding her purse was the strap thing over her shoulder and her hand inside, as if you were carrying it casually.
She fired all 5 rounds at the target, surprisingly, 4 of the 5 rounds hit the target, all about 8 inches from the others. I have no idea where the 5th went. Wasn't on the paper anywhere.

So i guess the conclusion is that if you absolutely have to, it could be done, but not very safely. That 1 shot that missed could go and hit an innocent person.

In my opinion, practice it anyway. Never know when it would come in handy, just make sure its not her primary defensive strategy.

Uhh, wrong thread? http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum10/42596.html

Missing shot could have doubled up on an existing hole from one of the previous shots. It's more common than you might think.

*1911_man*

imported post

PavePusher wrote:
>meso.40< wrote:
I was out with my gf today shooting, and i remembered this post. So i decided to try it!
We were using human analog targets, about 2 feet wide and maybe 3 feet tall, supposed to be like the upper torso and head of a person. She had her ruger LCR, and we used a purse she had, which she agreed to use as she had just gotten a new one.

So i had her put it in the pocket in her purse her lcr usually sits in, and told her to fire 5 shots at the target from about 10 feet away.
The way she was holding her purse was the strap thing over her shoulder and her hand inside, as if you were carrying it casually.
She fired all 5 rounds at the target, surprisingly, 4 of the 5 rounds hit the target, all about 8 inches from the others. I have no idea where the 5th went. Wasn't on the paper anywhere.

So i guess the conclusion is that if you absolutely have to, it could be done, but not very safely. That 1 shot that missed could go and hit an innocent person.

In my opinion, practice it anyway. Never know when it would come in handy, just make sure its not her primary defensive strategy.

Missing shot could have doubled up on an existing hole from one of the previous shots. It's more common than you might think.
Oh man sorry about that.

PavePusher

imported post

>meso.40< wrote:
PavePusher wrote:
>meso.40< wrote:

Oh man sorry about that.
Posting that late at night can do that. Not that it would ever happen to me... three or four times... in a week... or something.... :D

Jack House

imported post

That is a hilarious mistake to make.
0409.png