Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: The Advocate - Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League demands repeal of St. Helena gun ban

  1. #1
    Moderator / Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    8,711

    Post imported post

    http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/96024289.html

    Gun ordinance may be revised


    GREENSBURG — The St. Helena Parish Police Jury has agreed to consider revising parish ordinances to clarify language dealing with unconcealed gun possession by residents.

    “We ask that the words ‘carry and possess’ and ‘for any other purpose’ be stricken from the ordinances,” Steven Schwarer, of the Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League, told jurors Tuesday night.

    St. Helena Parish currently forbids the carrying, possession or discharge of loaded firearms within 500 feet of swimming or picnic areas; within 500 feet of buildings or structures where people are present, unless the owners of the structures permit weapons possession; and within 100 feet of the center line of any public street, road or highway.

    Schwarer said that if the law is read as written, it means even neighbors living in homes within 500 feet of each other cannot possess or carry a loaded gun without the permission of their neighbors.

    Steve Raacke, another spokesman for the open carry group, said parish law contradicts state law, which supports an individual’s constitutional right to bear arms.

    Raacke said that if the intent is to protect people from the discharge of weapons, keep the wording that addresses when and where weapons can be fired.

    “It’s the mere possession or carrying of a weapon that we are trying to change,” he said.

    Raacke said that as a former corrections officer who carries a loaded, unconcealed weapon, he wants to know he would not be breaking the law by simply crossing into St. Helena Parish.

    Jury members directed attorney Clifton Speed to draft proposed amendments to parish gun laws for review in July.

    Juror Major Coleman asked Speed to retain language concerning gun possession in areas where public gatherings are conducted.

    If you enjoy Advocate News coverage why not get it first, directly in your inbox? Sign up today for our Business Today - Daily Digest newsletter and get the news delivered to you!

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,605

    Post imported post

    ...In an answer to your above referenced question: Jail.

    Mark..., you make good points.

    Good work on getting this Illegal Code Parish Code off of the Local Ordinances.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,605

    Post imported post

    Sorry about the confusion then.

    But either way I like the concise and valid points you make in your arguments!

    By the way, here is another one when it comes to money:

    -It is not your Money..., it is THEIRS Money!

    ***I know the above bolded and underlinedword is misspelled, but for all pratical purposes...***

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Loranger, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    44

    Post imported post

    Yes, please don't tag anything associated with us as an accomplishment of a ****** nozzle sellout like mark.

  5. #5
    Regular Member 4angrybadgers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Hattiesburg, Mississippi, USA
    Posts
    411

    Post imported post

    Getting the city ordinance repealed and making headway for gun owners in St. Helena was a "retreat"? I must have a faulty dictionary... :quirky

  6. #6
    Regular Member turbodog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Independence, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    566

    Post imported post

    Mike wrote:
    http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/96024289.html

    Gun ordinance may be revised


    Juror Major Coleman asked Speed to retain language concerning gun possession in areas where public gatherings are conducted.
    The reporter misquoted Mr. Coleman. He actually wanted the "discharge of a firearm" language left in, which we all agreed was reasonable.
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    Him: "I carry my gun concealed"
    Me: "You're not very good at it"
    Him: "What do you mean?"
    Me: "I know you have a gun"
    End of conversation.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Slidell, Louisiana
    Posts
    2,464

    Post imported post

    mark edward marchiafava wrote:
    In spite of laws to the contrary, I'm going to rob a bank.
    If/when the "law" catches up with me, I"m going to ask that my transgressions be overlooked, no punishment necessary.
    After all, isn't that exactly what the St. Helena council is doing ?
    What's the sense in having "laws" if violating them doesn't involve penalties?
    Again: one set of laws for you and I, another set of laws for "them."
    It's the JUST-US system of Louisiana.
    For the sake of others who may be swayed by this twistedlogic, I submit the following:
    [/quote]


    There is NO criminal penalty for enacting unconstitutional legislation. There has NEVER been an intention to do so as it would stifle the power of legislative bodies to the point of uselessness… to do so would remove one of the checks and balances from our Republican form of government. Therein lies the RIDICULOUSNESS of this analogy.



    There ARE however ways that the people can achieve redress against unconstitutional legislation and these ways are many. Amosmoses and others have used one way available to them AND it seems they WILL SUCCEEDDED. If they do not then other ways are available.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kentwood, ,
    Posts
    60

    Post imported post

    MEM-
    LOCAL is full of “arse” lickers, huh? Why do you constantly have to be an ass? Well, you are, by far, the most arrogant, obnoxious and narcissistic ******* I have ever had the displeasure of being exposed to.

    No, you didn't have jack **** to do with the St. Helena ordinance review, and for that, I sincerely thank you. I want this rescinded, so I called upon LOCAL, not you, because I needed legitimate assistance, and I didn't need a barking Chihuahua crawfishing all over the all over the floor of the meeting room, shaking uncontrollably, squealing “Article 1, Section 11!!! Article 1, Section 11!!” while spinning like a Dervish and squirting vile **** everywhere, snapping rabidly over it's bony little shoulders at all sorts of imaginary hobgoblins, spooks, and "statists".

    It doesn't mean **** coming from me, but I will say here and now that I respect the guys from LOCAL. They took their time and expended their effort to help me out with my request, and I appreciate it.In doing so, they helped us all out… you, too, although you would never admit it, and no one expects you to. And, to a person, they were all good, decent people.

    I pretty much try to ignore your constant whining, sniping, ******* and moaning because its tired and boring, and I try to ignore your incessant, egotistical chest thumping because its sickening, and I hate to see a grown man constantly embarrass himself, especially when he thinks he’s so impressing. We all know full well how badass you think are, Mark, because you tell us over and over … ad nauseam, ad infinitum … so please, give it a rest, OK?

    I believe the St. Helena ordinances should be rescinded, and I attempted to get that done in the most expeditious way possible. It seems to be working. Whether you think that benefits you, or me, or no one, I don't give a ****....you did your part simply by being elsewhere when this project was being undertaken.

    I’m not going to get into some childish exchange of words with you, back and forth, tit-for-tat, anymore than I would engage in a **** slinging war with a damned chimpanzee at a roadside snake farm, because the former would be as productive and as sensible as the latter. But, I will say this to you– if you are so damned positive that ranting “Article 1, Section 11”, is the end-all, be-all for everything that ails the right to keep and bear arms in Louisiana, no detours, no exceptions, then why don’t you get heavy and perform the MEM armed march to well within 1000 feet of every school you can find? Then, you can show us what you so often bark about on this forum, ******* and moaning to no one in particular. Personally, I think that you have no credibility, and your total lack of practicing what you preach only serves to deplete any small, hidden store of integrity you may still possess.

    That little school zone challenge should be nothing to someone as bad ass as you! You constantly tell everyone here that their actions, or, better said, their inaction, to do what you advise stems from some raw fear of handcuffing and arrest, when in fact it merely shows that they simply recognize ****** and stupid advice for exactly what it is. So, for once, just once, why don’t you SHOW us something instead of just talking stupidly about it? Carry your hypocritical ass (or as you like to say, your “arse”) over to the nearest school, strapped, and be the big man you always scream that you are. Come on, Mark, put up or shut up. By the way you talk, one would envision you marching up and down in front of a school, dual gold-plated Ruger Vaqueros dangling at your side, wearing an “I Shot Liberty Valence” T-shirt and waving “Don’t Tread on Me!” flags in both hands while blowing “Hail to the Chief” on a foot-long kazoo hanging out of your “arse”. Conversely, by the way you act, we pretty much know that all we can expect from an armed you in front of school property is your 30mph traveling ass gripping the seat of your bike like a remora on a shark. C’mon, MEM, show us how it’s done!

    You talk like that little arrest in Gonzales was some premeditated sacrifice for liberty, mom, and apple pie, when we all know damned well that you only open carried there and then because you figured you’d never get popped for it. The chance to actually do what you’d have us all believe that you did is now HERE, Mark…gather your army (like today’s army, yours is evidently an army of one, because you are too much of an “arse” and too full of **** to have anyone follow you or walk with you), load up, and carry your ass to the sidewalk in front of a school! Continue with previous step until arrested. You may even get another payday…and a potential perk for you, your smiling grimacing mug in the newspaper.

    Since I have no interest in furnishing you with a venue for your hit-and-run hypocrisy, I will let this be my official invite to you to put up or shut up…show us how to handle up on a school zone, Mark. You can’t lose, Mark …. If the “statist LEOs” try to thwart your March To Certain Glory, just take your own advice: click the heels of your ruby slippers together, and scream “Article 1, Section 11! Article 1, Section 11!”


    How do you say that, Mark? 3.....2......1


    Here's my reply to all your posts:

    Stick this where your bike most often makes contact with you: :celebrate


  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    New Orleans, ,
    Posts
    38

    Post imported post

    AmosMoses wrote:
    No, you didn't have jack @#$% to do with the St. Helena ordinance review, and for that, I sincerely thank you. I want this rescinded, so I called upon LOCAL, not you, because I needed legitimate assistance, and I didn't need a barking Chihuahua crawfishing all over the all over the floor of the meeting room, shaking uncontrollably, squealing “Article 1, Section 11!!! Article 1, Section 11!!” while spinning like a Dervish and squirting vile @#$% everywhere, snapping rabidly over it's bony little shoulders at all sorts of imaginary hobgoblins, spooks, and "statists".
    WOW. I'd almost think you were trying to describe Mar....waaaiiiiiit.
    You ARE describing Mark! :celebrate

    Man...It's almost like you read my mind...spooky that...

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hammond Area, LA, ,
    Posts
    238

    Post imported post

    AmosMoses wrote:
    MEM-
    LOCAL is full of “arse” lickers, huh?* Why do you constantly have to be an ass?* Well, you are, by far, the most arrogant, obnoxious and narcissistic dip@#$% I have ever had the displeasure of being exposed to.

    No, you didn't have jack @#$% to do with the St. Helena ordinance review, and for that, I sincerely thank you.* I want this rescinded, so I called upon LOCAL, not you, because I needed legitimate assistance, and I didn't need a barking Chihuahua crawfishing all over the all over the floor of the meeting room, shaking uncontrollably, squealing “Article 1, Section 11!!! Article 1, Section 11!!” while spinning like a Dervish and squirting vile @#$% everywhere, snapping rabidly over it's bony little shoulders at all sorts of imaginary hobgoblins, spooks, and "statists".*

    It doesn't mean @#$% coming from me, but I will say here and now that I respect the guys from LOCAL.* They took their time and expended their effort to help me out with my request, and I appreciate it.**In doing so, they helped us all out… you, too, although you would never admit it, and no one expects you to.* And, to a person, they were all good, decent people.

    I pretty much try to ignore your constant whining, sniping, ******* and moaning because its tired and boring, and I try to ignore your incessant, egotistical chest thumping because its sickening, and I hate to see a grown man constantly embarrass himself, especially when he thinks he’s so impressing.* We all know full well how badass you think are, Mark, because you tell us over and over … ad nauseam, ad infinitum … so please, give it a rest, OK?

    I believe the St. Helena ordinances should be rescinded, and I attempted to get that done in the most expeditious way possible.* It seems to be working.* Whether you think that benefits you, or me, or no one, I don't give a @#$%....you did your part simply by being elsewhere when this project was being undertaken.
    *
    I’m not going to get into some childish exchange of words with you, back and forth, tit-for-tat, anymore than I would engage in a @#$% slinging war with a damned chimpanzee at a roadside snake farm, because the former would be as productive and as sensible as the latter.* But, I will say this to you– if you are so damned positive that ranting “Article 1, Section 11”, is the end-all, be-all for everything that ails the right to keep and bear arms in Louisiana, no detours, no exceptions, then why don’t you get heavy and perform the MEM armed march to well within 1000 feet of every school you can find?* Then, you can show us what you so often bark about on this forum, ******* and moaning to no one in particular.* Personally, I think that you have no credibility, and your total lack of practicing what you preach only serves to deplete any small, hidden store of integrity you may still possess.
    *
    That little school zone challenge should be nothing to someone as bad ass as you!* You constantly tell everyone here that their actions, or, better said, their inaction, to do what you advise stems from some raw fear of handcuffing and arrest, when in fact it merely shows that they simply recognize @#$%ty and stupid advice for exactly what it is.* So, for once, just once, why don’t you SHOW us something instead of just talking stupidly about it?* Carry your hypocritical ass (or as you like to say, your “arse”) over to the nearest school, strapped, and be the big man you always scream that you are.* Come on, Mark, put up or shut up.* By the way you talk, one would envision you marching up and down in front of a school, dual gold-plated Ruger Vaqueros dangling at your side, wearing an “I Shot Liberty Valence” T-shirt and waving “Don’t Tread on Me!” flags in both hands while blowing “Hail to the Chief” on a foot-long kazoo hanging out of your “arse”.* Conversely, by the way you act, we pretty much know that all we can expect from an armed you in front of school property is your 30mph traveling ass gripping the seat of your bike like a remora on a shark.* C’mon, MEM, show us how it’s done!
    *
    You talk like that little arrest in Gonzales was some premeditated sacrifice for liberty, mom, and apple pie, when we all know damned well that you only open carried there and then* because you figured you’d never get popped for it.* The chance to actually do what you’d have us all believe that you did is now HERE, Mark…gather your army (like today’s army, yours is evidently an army of one, because you are too much of an “arse” and too full of @#$% to have anyone follow you or walk with you), load up, and carry your ass to the sidewalk in front of a school!* Continue with previous step until arrested.* You may even get another payday…and a potential perk for you, your smiling grimacing mug in the newspaper.
    *
    Since I have no interest in furnishing you with a venue for your hit-and-run hypocrisy, I will let this be my official invite to you to put up or shut up…show us how to handle up on a school zone, Mark.* You can’t lose, Mark …. If the “statist LEOs” try to thwart your March To Certain Glory, just take your own advice:* click the heels of your ruby slippers together, and scream “Article 1, Section 11!* Article 1, Section 11!”


    How do you say that, Mark?* 3.....2......1


    Here's my reply to all your posts:

    Stick this where your bike most often makes contact with you: :celebrate
    This has GOT to be one of the best posts I have read on here in addressing Marks antics, and this is coming from someone who is not a member of LOCAL. Amos, you just bought yourself a cup of coffee if ever we have the chance to meet.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Anywhere but here.
    Posts
    523

    Post imported post

    AmosMoses wrote:
    MEM-
    LOCAL is full of “arse” lickers, huh? Why do you constantly have to be an ass? Well, you are, by far, the most arrogant, obnoxious and narcissistic dip@#$% I have ever had the displeasure of being exposed to.

    No, you didn't have jack @#$% to do with the St. Helena ordinance review, and for that, I sincerely thank you. I want this rescinded, so I called upon LOCAL, not you, because I needed legitimate assistance, and I didn't need a barking Chihuahua crawfishing all over the all over the floor of the meeting room, shaking uncontrollably, squealing “Article 1, Section 11!!! Article 1, Section 11!!” while spinning like a Dervish and squirting vile @#$% everywhere, snapping rabidly over it's bony little shoulders at all sorts of imaginary hobgoblins, spooks, and "statists".

    It doesn't mean @#$% coming from me, but I will say here and now that I respect the guys from LOCAL. They took their time and expended their effort to help me out with my request, and I appreciate it.In doing so, they helped us all out… you, too, although you would never admit it, and no one expects you to. And, to a person, they were all good, decent people.

    I pretty much try to ignore your constant whining, sniping, ******* and moaning because its tired and boring, and I try to ignore your incessant, egotistical chest thumping because its sickening, and I hate to see a grown man constantly embarrass himself, especially when he thinks he’s so impressing. We all know full well how badass you think are, Mark, because you tell us over and over … ad nauseam, ad infinitum … so please, give it a rest, OK?

    I believe the St. Helena ordinances should be rescinded, and I attempted to get that done in the most expeditious way possible. It seems to be working. Whether you think that benefits you, or me, or no one, I don't give a @#$%....you did your part simply by being elsewhere when this project was being undertaken.

    I’m not going to get into some childish exchange of words with you, back and forth, tit-for-tat, anymore than I would engage in a @#$% slinging war with a damned chimpanzee at a roadside snake farm, because the former would be as productive and as sensible as the latter. But, I will say this to you– if you are so damned positive that ranting “Article 1, Section 11”, is the end-all, be-all for everything that ails the right to keep and bear arms in Louisiana, no detours, no exceptions, then why don’t you get heavy and perform the MEM armed march to well within 1000 feet of every school you can find? Then, you can show us what you so often bark about on this forum, ******* and moaning to no one in particular. Personally, I think that you have no credibility, and your total lack of practicing what you preach only serves to deplete any small, hidden store of integrity you may still possess.

    That little school zone challenge should be nothing to someone as bad ass as you! You constantly tell everyone here that their actions, or, better said, their inaction, to do what you advise stems from some raw fear of handcuffing and arrest, when in fact it merely shows that they simply recognize @#$%ty and stupid advice for exactly what it is. So, for once, just once, why don’t you SHOW us something instead of just talking stupidly about it? Carry your hypocritical ass (or as you like to say, your “arse”) over to the nearest school, strapped, and be the big man you always scream that you are. Come on, Mark, put up or shut up. By the way you talk, one would envision you marching up and down in front of a school, dual gold-plated Ruger Vaqueros dangling at your side, wearing an “I Shot Liberty Valence” T-shirt and waving “Don’t Tread on Me!” flags in both hands while blowing “Hail to the Chief” on a foot-long kazoo hanging out of your “arse”. Conversely, by the way you act, we pretty much know that all we can expect from an armed you in front of school property is your 30mph traveling ass gripping the seat of your bike like a remora on a shark. C’mon, MEM, show us how it’s done!

    You talk like that little arrest in Gonzales was some premeditated sacrifice for liberty, mom, and apple pie, when we all know damned well that you only open carried there and then because you figured you’d never get popped for it. The chance to actually do what you’d have us all believe that you did is now HERE, Mark…gather your army (like today’s army, yours is evidently an army of one, because you are too much of an “arse” and too full of @#$% to have anyone follow you or walk with you), load up, and carry your ass to the sidewalk in front of a school! Continue with previous step until arrested. You may even get another payday…and a potential perk for you, your smiling grimacing mug in the newspaper.

    Since I have no interest in furnishing you with a venue for your hit-and-run hypocrisy, I will let this be my official invite to you to put up or shut up…show us how to handle up on a school zone, Mark. You can’t lose, Mark …. If the “statist LEOs” try to thwart your March To Certain Glory, just take your own advice: click the heels of your ruby slippers together, and scream “Article 1, Section 11! Article 1, Section 11!”


    How do you say that, Mark? 3.....2......1


    Here's my reply to all your posts:

    Stick this where your bike most often makes contact with you: :celebrate
    I find it also ironic that he despises everything to do with law, but then runs back to Art 1 Sec 11 which is... wait for it................................................ .......a law. Excellent post. I am impressed with your clarity of thought.




    This site has been hijacked by leftists who attack opposition to further their own ends. Those who have never served this country and attack those who do are no longer worthy of my time or attention.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    8

    Post imported post

    Just wanted to say that as an oft-reader, and rare poster, that was the best post I've read on this site, to date.

    AmosMoses, you're the man.

  13. #13
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,619

    Post imported post

    Wish I'da said it - but I did hear about it on the grapevine.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  14. #14
    Campaign Veteran IA-Pro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Covington, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    105

    Post imported post

    mark edward marchiafava wrote:
    The Advocate didn't use the word "demand" in their headline, it must have been John or Mike's poetic license.
    Nothing in the article even begins to back up the definition of demand.
    Sounds more like a whimpering request of outright begging.
    What a miserable person you must be to make these types of remarks. I feel sorry for you man, I really do.

  15. #15
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,619

    Post imported post

    mark edward marchiafava wrote:
    Sounds more like a whimpering request of outright begging.
    Thanks - good choice of words Mark!

    They so aptly describe you trying to be heard and seen.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •