• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Advocate - Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League demands repeal of St. Helena gun ban

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/96024289.html

Gun ordinance may be revised

GREENSBURG — The St. Helena Parish Police Jury has agreed to consider revising parish ordinances to clarify language dealing with unconcealed gun possession by residents.

“We ask that the words ‘carry and possess’ and ‘for any other purpose’ be stricken from the ordinances,” Steven Schwarer, of the Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League, told jurors Tuesday night.

St. Helena Parish currently forbids the carrying, possession or discharge of loaded firearms within 500 feet of swimming or picnic areas; within 500 feet of buildings or structures where people are present, unless the owners of the structures permit weapons possession; and within 100 feet of the center line of any public street, road or highway.

Schwarer said that if the law is read as written, it means even neighbors living in homes within 500 feet of each other cannot possess or carry a loaded gun without the permission of their neighbors.

Steve Raacke, another spokesman for the open carry group, said parish law contradicts state law, which supports an individual’s constitutional right to bear arms.

Raacke said that if the intent is to protect people from the discharge of weapons, keep the wording that addresses when and where weapons can be fired.

“It’s the mere possession or carrying of a weapon that we are trying to change,” he said.

Raacke said that as a former corrections officer who carries a loaded, unconcealed weapon, he wants to know he would not be breaking the law by simply crossing into St. Helena Parish.

Jury members directed attorney Clifton Speed to draft proposed amendments to parish gun laws for review in July.

Juror Major Coleman asked Speed to retain language concerning gun possession in areas where public gatherings are conducted.

If you enjoy Advocate News coverage why not get it first, directly in your inbox? Sign up today for our Business Today - Daily Digest newsletter and get the news delivered to you!

aadvark

imported post

...In an answer to your above referenced question: Jail.

Mark..., you make good points.

Good work on getting this Illegal Code Parish Code off of the Local Ordinances.

imported post

One of the real problems facing liberty-loving citizens is the almost total impossibility of prosecuting any "public servant" for violating the law.

As I've said for decades, it's the "just-us" system.

One set of laws for you and I, another set for "them."

I had nothing to do with the St. Helena ordinance being rescinded, that would be the handiwork of the meet, eat and retreat group known as LOCAL (Louisiana open carriers and arse lickers)

aadvark

imported post

Sorry about the confusion then.

But either way I like the concise and valid points you make in your arguments!

By the way, here is another one when it comes to money:

-It is not your Money..., it is THEIRS Money!

***I know the above bolded and underlinedword is misspelled, but for all pratical purposes...***

imported post

In spite of laws to the contrary, I'm going to rob a bank.
If/when the "law" catches up with me, I"m going to ask that my transgressions be overlooked, no punishment necessary.
After all, isn't that exactly what the St. Helena council is doing ?
What's the sense in having "laws" if violating them doesn't involve penalties?
Again: one set of laws for you and I, another set of laws for "them."
It's the JUST-US system of Louisiana.

georg jetson

imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
In spite of laws to the contrary, I'm going to rob a bank.
If/when the "law" catches up with me, I"m going to ask that my transgressions be overlooked, no punishment necessary.
After all, isn't that exactly what the St. Helena council is doing ?
What's the sense in having "laws" if violating them doesn't involve penalties?
Again: one set of laws for you and I, another set of laws for "them."
It's the JUST-US system of Louisiana.

For the sake of others who may be swayed by this twistedlogic, I submit the following:
[/quote]

There is NO criminal penalty for enacting unconstitutional legislation. There has NEVER been an intention to do so as it would stifle the power of legislative bodies to the point of uselessness… to do so would remove one of the checks and balances from our Republican form of government. Therein lies the RIDICULOUSNESS of this analogy.

There ARE however ways that the people can achieve redress against unconstitutional legislation and these ways are many. Amosmoses and others have used one way available to them AND it seems they WILL SUCCEEDDED. If they do not then other ways are available.

imported post

spoken like a well-trained, statist slave.

Imagine that !! There are NO criminal penalties for violating the supreme law of the state.
But let a lowly citizen violate THEIR "laws," straight to jail.

This is the system you statists so dearly worship.

It's your god.

AmosMoses

imported post

MEM-
LOCAL is full of “arse” lickers, huh? Why do you constantly have to be an ass? Well, you are, by far, the most arrogant, obnoxious and narcissistic dipshit I have ever had the displeasure of being exposed to.

No, you didn't have jack shit to do with the St. Helena ordinance review, and for that, I sincerely thank you. I want this rescinded, so I called upon LOCAL, not you, because I needed legitimate assistance, and I didn't need a barking Chihuahua crawfishing all over the all over the floor of the meeting room, shaking uncontrollably, squealing “Article 1, Section 11!!! Article 1, Section 11!!” while spinning like a Dervish and squirting vile shit everywhere, snapping rabidly over it's bony little shoulders at all sorts of imaginary hobgoblins, spooks, and "statists".

It doesn't mean shit coming from me, but I will say here and now that I respect the guys from LOCAL. They took their time and expended their effort to help me out with my request, and I appreciate it.In doing so, they helped us all out… you, too, although you would never admit it, and no one expects you to. And, to a person, they were all good, decent people.

I pretty much try to ignore your constant whining, sniping, pissing and moaning because its tired and boring, and I try to ignore your incessant, egotistical chest thumping because its sickening, and I hate to see a grown man constantly embarrass himself, especially when he thinks he’s so impressing. We all know full well how badass you think are, Mark, because you tell us over and over … ad nauseam, ad infinitum … so please, give it a rest, OK?

I believe the St. Helena ordinances should be rescinded, and I attempted to get that done in the most expeditious way possible. It seems to be working. Whether you think that benefits you, or me, or no one, I don't give a shit....you did your part simply by being elsewhere when this project was being undertaken.

I’m not going to get into some childish exchange of words with you, back and forth, tit-for-tat, anymore than I would engage in a shit slinging war with a damned chimpanzee at a roadside snake farm, because the former would be as productive and as sensible as the latter. But, I will say this to you– if you are so damned positive that ranting “Article 1, Section 11”, is the end-all, be-all for everything that ails the right to keep and bear arms in Louisiana, no detours, no exceptions, then why don’t you get heavy and perform the MEM armed march to well within 1000 feet of every school you can find? Then, you can show us what you so often bark about on this forum, pissing and moaning to no one in particular. Personally, I think that you have no credibility, and your total lack of practicing what you preach only serves to deplete any small, hidden store of integrity you may still possess.

That little school zone challenge should be nothing to someone as bad ass as you! You constantly tell everyone here that their actions, or, better said, their inaction, to do what you advise stems from some raw fear of handcuffing and arrest, when in fact it merely shows that they simply recognize shitty and stupid advice for exactly what it is. So, for once, just once, why don’t you SHOW us something instead of just talking stupidly about it? Carry your hypocritical ass (or as you like to say, your “arse”) over to the nearest school, strapped, and be the big man you always scream that you are. Come on, Mark, put up or shut up. By the way you talk, one would envision you marching up and down in front of a school, dual gold-plated Ruger Vaqueros dangling at your side, wearing an “I Shot Liberty Valence” T-shirt and waving “Don’t Tread on Me!” flags in both hands while blowing “Hail to the Chief” on a foot-long kazoo hanging out of your “arse”. Conversely, by the way you act, we pretty much know that all we can expect from an armed you in front of school property is your 30mph traveling ass gripping the seat of your bike like a remora on a shark. C’mon, MEM, show us how it’s done!

You talk like that little arrest in Gonzales was some premeditated sacrifice for liberty, mom, and apple pie, when we all know damned well that you only open carried there and then because you figured you’d never get popped for it. The chance to actually do what you’d have us all believe that you did is now HERE, Mark…gather your army (like today’s army, yours is evidently an army of one, because you are too much of an “arse” and too full of shit to have anyone follow you or walk with you), load up, and carry your ass to the sidewalk in front of a school! Continue with previous step until arrested. You may even get another payday…and a potential perk for you, your smiling grimacing mug in the newspaper.

Since I have no interest in furnishing you with a venue for your hit-and-run hypocrisy, I will let this be my official invite to you to put up or shut up…show us how to handle up on a school zone, Mark. You can’t lose, Mark …. If the “statist LEOs” try to thwart your March To Certain Glory, just take your own advice: click the heels of your ruby slippers together, and scream “Article 1, Section 11! Article 1, Section 11!”

How do you say that, Mark? 3.....2......1

Here's my reply to all your posts:

Stick this where your bike most often makes contact with you: :celebrate

Revolver_Ocelot

imported post

AmosMoses wrote:
No, you didn't have jack @#$% to do with the St. Helena ordinance review, and for that, I sincerely thank you. I want this rescinded, so I called upon LOCAL, not you, because I needed legitimate assistance, and I didn't need a barking Chihuahua crawfishing all over the all over the floor of the meeting room, shaking uncontrollably, squealing “Article 1, Section 11!!! Article 1, Section 11!!” while spinning like a Dervish and squirting vile @#$% everywhere, snapping rabidly over it's bony little shoulders at all sorts of imaginary hobgoblins, spooks, and "statists".
WOW. I'd almost think you were trying to describe Mar....waaaiiiiiit.
You ARE describing Mark! :celebrate

Man...It's almost like you read my mind...spooky that...

LA Confederate

imported post

AmosMoses wrote:
MEM-
LOCAL is full of “arse” lickers, huh?  Why do you constantly have to be an ass?  Well, you are, by far, the most arrogant, obnoxious and narcissistic dip@#$% I have ever had the displeasure of being exposed to.

No, you didn't have jack @#$% to do with the St. Helena ordinance review, and for that, I sincerely thank you.  I want this rescinded, so I called upon LOCAL, not you, because I needed legitimate assistance, and I didn't need a barking Chihuahua crawfishing all over the all over the floor of the meeting room, shaking uncontrollably, squealing “Article 1, Section 11!!! Article 1, Section 11!!” while spinning like a Dervish and squirting vile @#$% everywhere, snapping rabidly over it's bony little shoulders at all sorts of imaginary hobgoblins, spooks, and "statists". 

It doesn't mean @#$% coming from me, but I will say here and now that I respect the guys from LOCAL.  They took their time and expended their effort to help me out with my request, and I appreciate it.  In doing so, they helped us all out… you, too, although you would never admit it, and no one expects you to.  And, to a person, they were all good, decent people.

I pretty much try to ignore your constant whining, sniping, pissing and moaning because its tired and boring, and I try to ignore your incessant, egotistical chest thumping because its sickening, and I hate to see a grown man constantly embarrass himself, especially when he thinks he’s so impressing.  We all know full well how badass you think are, Mark, because you tell us over and over … ad nauseam, ad infinitum … so please, give it a rest, OK?

I believe the St. Helena ordinances should be rescinded, and I attempted to get that done in the most expeditious way possible.  It seems to be working.  Whether you think that benefits you, or me, or no one, I don't give a @#$%....you did your part simply by being elsewhere when this project was being undertaken.

I’m not going to get into some childish exchange of words with you, back and forth, tit-for-tat, anymore than I would engage in a @#$% slinging war with a damned chimpanzee at a roadside snake farm, because the former would be as productive and as sensible as the latter.  But, I will say this to you– if you are so damned positive that ranting “Article 1, Section 11”, is the end-all, be-all for everything that ails the right to keep and bear arms in Louisiana, no detours, no exceptions, then why don’t you get heavy and perform the MEM armed march to well within 1000 feet of every school you can find?  Then, you can show us what you so often bark about on this forum, pissing and moaning to no one in particular.  Personally, I think that you have no credibility, and your total lack of practicing what you preach only serves to deplete any small, hidden store of integrity you may still possess.

That little school zone challenge should be nothing to someone as bad ass as you!  You constantly tell everyone here that their actions, or, better said, their inaction, to do what you advise stems from some raw fear of handcuffing and arrest, when in fact it merely shows that they simply recognize @#$%ty and stupid advice for exactly what it is.  So, for once, just once, why don’t you SHOW us something instead of just talking stupidly about it?  Carry your hypocritical ass (or as you like to say, your “arse”) over to the nearest school, strapped, and be the big man you always scream that you are.  Come on, Mark, put up or shut up.  By the way you talk, one would envision you marching up and down in front of a school, dual gold-plated Ruger Vaqueros dangling at your side, wearing an “I Shot Liberty Valence” T-shirt and waving “Don’t Tread on Me!” flags in both hands while blowing “Hail to the Chief” on a foot-long kazoo hanging out of your “arse”.  Conversely, by the way you act, we pretty much know that all we can expect from an armed you in front of school property is your 30mph traveling ass gripping the seat of your bike like a remora on a shark.  C’mon, MEM, show us how it’s done!

You talk like that little arrest in Gonzales was some premeditated sacrifice for liberty, mom, and apple pie, when we all know damned well that you only open carried there and then  because you figured you’d never get popped for it.  The chance to actually do what you’d have us all believe that you did is now HERE, Mark…gather your army (like today’s army, yours is evidently an army of one, because you are too much of an “arse” and too full of @#$% to have anyone follow you or walk with you), load up, and carry your ass to the sidewalk in front of a school!  Continue with previous step until arrested.  You may even get another payday…and a potential perk for you, your smiling grimacing mug in the newspaper.

Since I have no interest in furnishing you with a venue for your hit-and-run hypocrisy, I will let this be my official invite to you to put up or shut up…show us how to handle up on a school zone, Mark.  You can’t lose, Mark …. If the “statist LEOs” try to thwart your March To Certain Glory, just take your own advice:  click the heels of your ruby slippers together, and scream “Article 1, Section 11!  Article 1, Section 11!”

How do you say that, Mark?  3.....2......1

This has GOT to be one of the best posts I have read on here in addressing Marks antics, and this is coming from someone who is not a member of LOCAL. Amos, you just bought yourself a cup of coffee if ever we have the chance to meet.
goodpost.gif

NRAMARINE

imported post

AmosMoses wrote:
MEM-
LOCAL is full of “arse” lickers, huh? Why do you constantly have to be an ass? Well, you are, by far, the most arrogant, obnoxious and narcissistic dip@#$% I have ever had the displeasure of being exposed to.

No, you didn't have jack @#$% to do with the St. Helena ordinance review, and for that, I sincerely thank you. I want this rescinded, so I called upon LOCAL, not you, because I needed legitimate assistance, and I didn't need a barking Chihuahua crawfishing all over the all over the floor of the meeting room, shaking uncontrollably, squealing “Article 1, Section 11!!! Article 1, Section 11!!” while spinning like a Dervish and squirting vile @#$% everywhere, snapping rabidly over it's bony little shoulders at all sorts of imaginary hobgoblins, spooks, and "statists".

It doesn't mean @#$% coming from me, but I will say here and now that I respect the guys from LOCAL. They took their time and expended their effort to help me out with my request, and I appreciate it.In doing so, they helped us all out… you, too, although you would never admit it, and no one expects you to. And, to a person, they were all good, decent people.

I pretty much try to ignore your constant whining, sniping, pissing and moaning because its tired and boring, and I try to ignore your incessant, egotistical chest thumping because its sickening, and I hate to see a grown man constantly embarrass himself, especially when he thinks he’s so impressing. We all know full well how badass you think are, Mark, because you tell us over and over … ad nauseam, ad infinitum … so please, give it a rest, OK?

I believe the St. Helena ordinances should be rescinded, and I attempted to get that done in the most expeditious way possible. It seems to be working. Whether you think that benefits you, or me, or no one, I don't give a @#$%....you did your part simply by being elsewhere when this project was being undertaken.

I’m not going to get into some childish exchange of words with you, back and forth, tit-for-tat, anymore than I would engage in a @#$% slinging war with a damned chimpanzee at a roadside snake farm, because the former would be as productive and as sensible as the latter. But, I will say this to you– if you are so damned positive that ranting “Article 1, Section 11”, is the end-all, be-all for everything that ails the right to keep and bear arms in Louisiana, no detours, no exceptions, then why don’t you get heavy and perform the MEM armed march to well within 1000 feet of every school you can find? Then, you can show us what you so often bark about on this forum, pissing and moaning to no one in particular. Personally, I think that you have no credibility, and your total lack of practicing what you preach only serves to deplete any small, hidden store of integrity you may still possess.

That little school zone challenge should be nothing to someone as bad ass as you! You constantly tell everyone here that their actions, or, better said, their inaction, to do what you advise stems from some raw fear of handcuffing and arrest, when in fact it merely shows that they simply recognize @#$%ty and stupid advice for exactly what it is. So, for once, just once, why don’t you SHOW us something instead of just talking stupidly about it? Carry your hypocritical ass (or as you like to say, your “arse”) over to the nearest school, strapped, and be the big man you always scream that you are. Come on, Mark, put up or shut up. By the way you talk, one would envision you marching up and down in front of a school, dual gold-plated Ruger Vaqueros dangling at your side, wearing an “I Shot Liberty Valence” T-shirt and waving “Don’t Tread on Me!” flags in both hands while blowing “Hail to the Chief” on a foot-long kazoo hanging out of your “arse”. Conversely, by the way you act, we pretty much know that all we can expect from an armed you in front of school property is your 30mph traveling ass gripping the seat of your bike like a remora on a shark. C’mon, MEM, show us how it’s done!

You talk like that little arrest in Gonzales was some premeditated sacrifice for liberty, mom, and apple pie, when we all know damned well that you only open carried there and then because you figured you’d never get popped for it. The chance to actually do what you’d have us all believe that you did is now HERE, Mark…gather your army (like today’s army, yours is evidently an army of one, because you are too much of an “arse” and too full of @#$% to have anyone follow you or walk with you), load up, and carry your ass to the sidewalk in front of a school! Continue with previous step until arrested. You may even get another payday…and a potential perk for you, your smiling grimacing mug in the newspaper.

Since I have no interest in furnishing you with a venue for your hit-and-run hypocrisy, I will let this be my official invite to you to put up or shut up…show us how to handle up on a school zone, Mark. You can’t lose, Mark …. If the “statist LEOs” try to thwart your March To Certain Glory, just take your own advice: click the heels of your ruby slippers together, and scream “Article 1, Section 11! Article 1, Section 11!”

How do you say that, Mark? 3.....2......1

I find it also ironic that he despises everything to do with law, but then runs back to Art 1 Sec 11 which is... wait for it.......................................................a law. Excellent post. I am impressed with your clarity of thought.

:monkey:monkey:monkey:monkey

James Cannon

imported post

Just wanted to say that as an oft-reader, and rare poster, that was the best post I've read on this site, to date.

AmosMoses, you're the man.

imported post

The Advocate didn't use the word "demand" in their headline, it must have been John or Mike's poetic license.
Nothing in the article even begins to back up the definition of demand.
Sounds more like a whimpering request of outright begging.

IA-Pro

Campaign Veteran
imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
The Advocate didn't use the word "demand" in their headline, it must have been John or Mike's poetic license.
Nothing in the article even begins to back up the definition of demand.
Sounds more like a whimpering request of outright begging.
What a miserable person you must be to make these types of remarks. I feel sorry for you man, I really do.